Autumn Fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I would have posted this last night but a simple password change has caused complete havoc with my internet access...

I watched the launch of the Amanda Wakeley TSV with Jill Franks, which was rolled into an Autumn Fashion feature.

The guest, once AW had exited the studio (rather a rushed segment, I thought, perhaps because of JF's breathless delivery) was the badger haired lady who also fronts LOGO by Lori Goldstein.

If you saw her, there is 100% no way you would let her style you. The outfit made her look like either Tweedledum or Tweedledee: truly it did her no favours whatsoever, and the styling of the outfits on the show (before I could bear it no more and hit the off button) were pretty poor. I actually think, from her demeanour and occasional tugs at her outfit, that she could see she looked terrible in the outfit. If I thought she had any credibility before that show, I certainly would have lost the faith after what I saw.

I would have posted this last night but a simple password change has caused complete havoc with my internet access...

I watched the launch of the Amanda Wakeley TSV with Jill Franks, which was rolled into an Autumn Fashion feature.

The guest, once AW had exited the studio (rather a rushed segment, I thought, perhaps because of JF's breathless delivery) was the badger haired lady who also fronts LOGO by Lori Goldstein.

If you saw her, there is 100% no way you would let her style you. The outfit made her look like either Tweedledum or Tweedledee: truly it did her no favours whatsoever, and the styling of the outfits on the show (before I could bear it no more and hit the off button) were pretty poor. I actually think, from her demeanour and occasional tugs at her outfit, that she could see she looked terrible in the outfit. If I thought she had any credibility before that show, I certainly would have lost the faith after what I saw.

Ah but QVC don't know the meaning of the word fashion imo.:wonder::wonder:

She did look uncomfortable and what she was wearing did her no favours at all.They talked a lot about London Fashion Week and she said she will be attending . I bet she won't be wearing QVC fashions.

Wot! Q not fashion forward? Wash your mouth out!

I see from Arsebook that they are planning a pop up outlet in Paris. All those Parisian woman just flocking to get polyester returns - what's the chances?

Why don't they just fix the mess in the UK instead of daft ideas like this.

It doesn't seem to matter what the Q range is, but I've often caught guests and models tugging at the bottom of their tops to try and cover themselves, especially if they're wearing leggings or slim pants. And more often than not, they fail.

Now if these women with more proportionate bodies are feeling uncomfortable enough to try and pull the hems down, what are those who are less so going to do?

Couldn't agree more ... She looked better when she put the black cape number on!!
If that is a taste of autumn fashion it didn't tingle the taste buds did it?

I normally don't like that stylist, but I actually felt so sorry for her last night. The outfit exposed the lie that things look good on everyone.

I feel the same MML, in fact I think the QVC stylists have effectively limited their future career prospects in real fashion; okay for those older ladies like Lesley Ebbetts, but the younger ones have made a pact with the devil for their QVC jobs and if they applied to work for Vogue or at London Fashion Week their CVs would not say "pick me pick me!"

I feel the same MML, in fact I think the QVC stylists have effectively limited their future career prospects in real fashion; okay for those older ladies like Lesley Ebbetts, but the younger ones have made a pact with the devil for their QVC jobs and if they applied to work for Vogue or at London Fashion Week their CVs would not say "pick me pick me!"

The very same thought I had. The badger-hair lady did have a look of someone seeing their career dwindling to nothing outside of QVC. More and more of these stylists are turning up on QVC, and I begin to think that working in QVC fashion is a bit like checking into Hotel California. You have to feel sorry for them, because while QVC can bin them off at any time they like, the stylists will be scrabbling around for work until they can overcome the stigma of flogging identikit polyester "designs" as cutting edge fashion.

You have to admire the creativity and brass neck of QVC to sell the same old stuff as new and in tune with the current fashion. Red is a "colour story" for autumn - cue the warehouse being asked to bring out all the superannuated red items on the back of the shelf. You see it season in, season out... leavened with a few new items which sell out in minutes. The difference is that in most stores, the fashion mis-fires will be discounted within a couple of weeks, and cleared out of the store within a few months. They won't be there years afterwards to be trotted out as part of the latest trends and "looks". The length of time QVC attempts to sell out of date, undesirable clothing, I'm waiting for them to launch some new vintage fashion shows to sell them in... don't laugh, it could happen!

I rarely visit a large town and because I`m in my 60`s I`ve learned to wear what suits me rather than following fashion but yesterday I had an hour to spare before a dental appointment so I hit the shops for a good old browse. There are lots of berry colours out there at the moment ranging from cherry red, burnt orange to deep plums or burgundy, along with various shades of green, mustard, tweed and odd flashes of larger checks too. Overcoats are everywhere, similar to the crombie style of yesteryear but in brighter colours. Suede is everywhere for shoes and bags and in the same berry shades, navy or green.
I had a really long look about and all I can say is QVC resemble the high street`s poor relation with their styling and yet 99% of their stuff is well above high street prices.

This is what I HATE with winter clothing, dull/dark/dingy colours. Go into any of the Plus size shops like Evans and Yours, and you're met with a sea of black and plum. I walk straight out again. If its possible to have a 'winter white' in the odd piece, then why are we dictated by the 'fashionistas' to be clothed in depressing colours. I wear pastels throughout the year, I love mint coloured jumpers, or pink trousers. I don't suffer with SAD but it could easily happen if I had to dress head to toe in dark colours for the 6 darkest months of the year.

I don't follow the fashion trends, and never have done, and refuse to buy into these so-called designer trends. Half the designers I've never heard of to be honest. I buy styles that I know suit me and they don't cost £100+ for a piece of cloth.

In my opinion, some of the fashion brands on QVC are overpriced and look like shapeless 'tents.' Just because there's 'a name' attached to a garment doesn't mean it's worth buying/wearing.

Latest posts

Back