Cosmetic Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know that companies (and QVC) throw every marketing trick in the book at us so that will buy the product, and yes most of us would like to be 5'10 and a size 10, but we're not, so despite most fashion being worn by the slender beans we will still buy.

Now, cosmetics are a bit different. Either we look at a before and after photo - with no discernible difference (er, shades of Emperor's new clothes), or we are told 'yes you too can look like this fabulous model when you buy this, this and this". But in true pantomime style its more a case of "oh no we do not " , in reality we try to make a good fist of putting make up on the way we've done it for decades, made all the harder with ageing eye sight and when we are squinting into the mirror !
T
Today is the turn of Laura Geller, and I admit to liking her products, BUT rarely do they feature the lippys and glossers on white ageing lips !!! Invariably they are portrayed on the luscious lips of ladies of colour, where they look fabulous, but the true colour can be distorted, and showing them on the back of a hand is not much good either as no-ones lips are that colour.

And is the BA Australian ? or is she just pretentious ? She appears to have lost her wedding ring, so perhaps the much talked about husband Nick has been given the elbow.

I know that companies (and QVC) throw every marketing trick in the book at us so that will buy the product, and yes most of us would like to be 5'10 and a size 10, but we're not, so despite most fashion being worn by the slender beans we will still buy.

Now, cosmetics are a bit different. Either we look at a before and after photo - with no discernible difference (er, shades of Emperor's new clothes), or we are told 'yes you too can look like this fabulous model when you buy this, this and this". But in true pantomime style its more a case of "oh no we do not " , in reality we try to make a good fist of putting make up on the way we've done it for decades, made all the harder with ageing eye sight and when we are squinting into the mirror !
T
Today is the turn of Laura Geller, and I admit to liking her products, BUT rarely do they feature the lippys and glossers on white ageing lips !!! Invariably they are portrayed on the luscious lips of ladies of colour, where they look fabulous, but the true colour can be distorted, and showing them on the back of a hand is not much good either as no-ones lips are that colour.

And is the BA Australian ? or is she just pretentious ? She appears to have lost her wedding ring, so perhaps the much talked about husband Nick has been given the elbow.
I like Laura Geller make up. You get a lot of product for the price. I would guess that the BA is an Aussie or a Kiwi. She has that slight twang on her vowels. She speaks gently and softly, though, in contrast to A. Young's irritating loud voice. I suppose the best application of makeup is to look like you're not wearing any. IMO it's too risky to buy lipstick from TV. As you say, you can't be sure what colour you're buying. I

My biggest bugbear is how they picture models for foundation shades.

I'm between fair and light yet the light model always seems darker. Some photos have all brunettes with a blonde in the middle to completely change the shade (I'm blonde - well, grey - myself but FFS keep the hair shades either blonde or dark so it doesn't throw my poor eyes out of whack).

Anyone else thrown by the different hair colour or is it just me?

They often put a swatch of the colours on their arms which would change the tone because the skin on the face is different to the skin on the face, so that’s not useful. 🙄.

I no longer buy liquid foundation now, but stick to B&B in fair because that’s the correct colour for my skin.

They often put a swatch of the colours on their arms which would change the tone because the skin on the face is different to the skin on the face, so that’s not useful. 🙄.

I no longer buy liquid foundation now, but stick to B&B in fair because that’s the correct colour for my skin.

I like the swatches the Doll 10 BA puts on her arms. I can judge the colour a lot more accurately than looking at different faces as I get to see the true shade regardless of the arm colour.

I don't buy foundation online or TV now. You really need it swatched on the side of your face. I can be all over the place depending on the brand. Cool in one, Neutral or even Warm in others.

Lipstick I was told to put in on the pad of your thumb, it is the closeness to your lip colour.
I've given up on lippy as I cannot find one that doesn't make me look ill. They are either too dark,too much of a blue tone or too peachy orange.
I use Touche éclat concealer but got a sample of their Foundation which is very nice.

I don't buy foundation online or TV now. You really need it swatched on the side of your face. I can be all over the place depending on the brand. Cool in one, Neutral or even Warm in others.

Lipstick I was told to put in on the pad of your thumb, it is the closeness to your lip colour.
Apparently, donna, it’s the nipple but you can’t whip one out in the middle of Boots! :eek::unsure::devilish::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back