Awkward questions!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chubby Brunettes, what next?

Can't think of any Presenters in this category, Debbie is a redhead!
Maybe Kathy T? :mysmilie_17:
Debbie hedges her bets... She is a brunette with stripes of red and blonde when they zoom in on her... Or a redhead with stripes of brown and blonde, if you prefer.

I always thought that visible stripes were the result of going to a less competent hairdresser... But perhaps Debbie has picked up on a coming trend.... All of a piece with her strange an inappropriate on air attire.

I always thought that visible stripes were the result of going to a less competent hairdresser... But perhaps Debbie has picked up on a coming trend.... All of a piece with her strange an inappropriate on air attire.

Was that "look" not very popular a decade or so ago? Bang up to date is our Flinty Bint.

I am no hairdresser but stripes are not the way forward in today's Market! In fact they never have been :mysmilie_13:

Could it be she's going for the more rustic look? Casual with Autumn hedgerow coloured hair?

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Back to awkward questions:

Why do some Presenters have a Gadget that they seem more interested in than the product their trying to sell?

Why do you not bring in better and more up to date Fashions?

Why is your P&P such a nuisance?

Why do some Presenters always give Shout Outs to 'their Fakebook Friends' constantly? :mysmilie_48:

Browsing on the US QVC site and noticed these options for their ADs:

Note: Once the first item in your Auto-Delivery plan has shipped, you can make changes to future shipments. Some restrictions may apply for certain plans and at certain stages in the shipping process.

You can make changes to the following:

Order Quantity: Increase or decrease the quantity for your plan.
Edit Color/Size/Flavor/Scent: Select a new color, size, flavor, or scent, if applicable.
Edit Ship-to Address: Select from your address book, or enter a new one to send a shipment as a gift. (To edit your Billing Address, visit "My Account.")
Edit Payment Information: Add a new credit card, choose a different card, update an expiration date, or change payment method.
Frequency: Select a new shipping frequency from the available options in the drop-down list. A new shipment schedule will automatically be established for all future shipments. (Some plans don't allow the frequency between shipments to be modified or may limit the extent of changes.)
Next Shipment Date: If a calendar is visible, the "Next Shipment Date" may be changed. Dates in black are available, while those in gray are not. Use the arrows in the top corner of the calendar to switch months. Click on the date you'd like your next shipment sent (the calendar will automatically close). Some plans don't allow calendar date changes or may limit the extent of changes.
Shipping Method: Select a new shipping method from the drop-down list.
Skip Shipment: Cancel a particular shipment but still remain enrolled in the Auto-Delivery plan.
Cancel All Future Shipments: Click this link if you'd like to cancel a plan and all its future shipments. (To only skip a particular shipment, use the "Skip Shipment" option detailed above.) Once you've canceled your plan, you may see a "Reinstate Auto-Delivery Plan" link. Click this to re-enroll and begin receiving shipments again at your original order price. This link will remain visible and available for a limited time.

My question would be, why does the US get so much more flexibility whereas Q UK is stuck in the dark ages?

So interesting to hear everyone's awkward questions. They are all pretty good. It would be great to have a chance to actually ask them. Shame they don't have T-callers like they used to. They just prefer the chicken nugget-sized tweets 'cos they're easy to control. I want rambling Enid from Horsham who doesn't get the hint that they want to end the call!

So interesting to hear everyone's awkward questions. They are all pretty good. It would be great to have a chance to actually ask them. Shame they don't have T-callers like they used to. They just prefer the chicken nugget-sized tweets 'cos they're easy to control. I want rambling Enid from Horsham who doesn't get the hint that they want to end the call!

How about doing a Q&A session with them for your paper? So few would be able to resist the opportunity to have their egos pandered to. Then you can go in for the kill!

How about doing a Q&A session with them for your paper? So few would be able to resist the opportunity to have their egos pandered to. Then you can go in for the kill!

I'd love to, however I think they'd be wary. It's a shame really as I would only write what I see and hear. Am going to suggest a feature on the future of shopping TV channels in general however I'd need to come up with an interesting angle, i.e find a customer that spends an absolute FORTUNE on shopping TV channels / finds them addictive / or do something on the "window shoppers" and why they watch.

Indications are that many big shopping channels are facing huge problems, hence they are going all slick, glossy and upmarket. The format is really biting the dust as one can access online video clips / reviews etc to help with selecting products.

I would love to do a feature / profile on Julia Roberts as I think she'd make for an interesting piece. She's something of a stalwart.

A piece looking at the world if the "infomercial" would be good too.

To Deb Flint:

How did you get through the "wilderness years" away from QVC?
What was so special about that water you sold?
How much inspiration do you draw from Jeffrey Archer?
Why are you so defensive about your literary efforts?
When are you going to write a decent novel?
What part did you and Sharon play in "Crowngate?"

To Richard Jackson:

Why do you make that: "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" rasping noise so often?
What is your annual income?
Why is your Flaaaaaaaaah Paaaaaaaaaaaah SO overpriced?
Which of the Seven Dwarfs do you most identify with, and why?

Latest posts

Back