AY with L’occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Muttley28

Registered Shopper
I am just watching L’occitane at the point when Alison has a body cream squashed into her nose. She’s just said that the Shea ultra rich body cream is so natural and you get the thickness when you use 25% Shea, not like using xanthan gum in products like other brands. I needed to look into this as someone who has allergies and is allergic to certain ingredients in products I value actually knowing what’s in them rather than taking the “beauty expert” advice. The L’occitane website has ingredient lists and it clear states the following for said product;

AQUA/WATER - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE - GLYCERIN - TAPIOCA STARCH - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - CETEARYL ALCOHOL - GLYCERYL STEARATE - PEG-100 STEARATE - DIMETHICONE - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - CETEARETH-33 - HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER - SODIUM PCA - GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE - TOCOPHEROL - XANTHAN GUM - POLYSORBATE 60 - SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE - BETA-GLUCAN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

How misleading! If I was to take Alison’s word on something she’s not sure on this could cause me serious flare ups and damages to my health. I’m not allergic to XANTHAN Gum but this could have been something I was allergic to. I don’t normally mind her but I can’t keep listening to her advice when it’s wrong.

I am just watching L’occitane at the point when Alison has a body cream squashed into her nose. She’s just said that the Shea ultra rich body cream is so natural and you get the thickness when you use 25% Shea, not like using xanthan gum in products like other brands. I needed to look into this as someone who has allergies and is allergic to certain ingredients in products I value actually knowing what’s in them rather than taking the “beauty expert” advice. The L’occitane website has ingredient lists and it clear states the following for said product;

AQUA/WATER - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE - GLYCERIN - TAPIOCA STARCH - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - CETEARYL ALCOHOL - GLYCERYL STEARATE - PEG-100 STEARATE - DIMETHICONE - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - CETEARETH-33 - HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER - SODIUM PCA - GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE - TOCOPHEROL - XANTHAN GUM - POLYSORBATE 60 - SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE - BETA-GLUCAN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

How misleading! If I was to take Alison’s word on something she’s not sure on this could cause me serious flare ups and damages to my health. I’m not allergic to XANTHAN Gum but this could have been something I was allergic to. I don’t normally mind her but I can’t keep listening to her advice when it’s wrong.
She has accolades for her knowledge in the field of 'beauty' but clearly she can be wrong. She comes off as a know-it-all, and those kinds of people can be a bit dodgy. (It's interesting to note that the major ingredient in the product is water, but I suppose it is so in all body and face creams.)

She only turns up for her pay check these days. Pushes her years in the beauty field yet does not do her homework, just does the same old how wonderful this product is and suits everyone no matter what. I do remember when Prescriptives an Estée Lauder company appeared on QVC, brilliant brand loved their makeup palettes and foundation. Still online only in the US. She suddenly told us she had been using one of their products since the 80s! Oh, and she also used their perfume too. Yet before they came to QVC it was only whatever brand she was selling on QVC.

I used to enjoy watching the beauty shows years ago; just chuckling to myself at AY's over-used catch phrases. Now she's become a comedy parody of herself with a meaningless stream of sound-bites. If I'm interested in a brand usually the Bland Ambassador is a better source of info; Ali is barely coherent these days. Will Gowing is better at asking sensible questions, I'd be happy for him to take over the beauty shows; or any presenter who asks something listens to the answer, and then asks a sensible follow-up question. I'm not sure we need a "Beauty Expert" anymore, sorry Alison.

I used to enjoy watching the beauty shows years ago; just chuckling to myself at AY's over-used catch phrases. Now she's become a comedy parody of herself with a meaningless stream of sound-bites. If I'm interested in a brand usually the Bland Ambassador is a better source of info; Ali is barely coherent these days. Will Gowing is better at asking sensible questions, I'd be happy for him to take over the beauty shows; or any presenter who asks something listens to the answer, and then asks a sensible follow-up question. I'm not sure we need a "Beauty Expert" anymore, sorry Alison.
I absolutely would love Will to take over.😊

She only turns up for her pay check these days. Pushes her years in the beauty field yet does not do her homework, just does the same old how wonderful this product is and suits everyone no matter what. I do remember when Prescriptives an Estée Lauder company appeared on QVC, brilliant brand loved their makeup palettes and foundation. Still online only in the US. She suddenly told us she had been using one of their products since the 80s! Oh, and she also used their perfume too. Yet before they came to QVC it was only whatever brand she was selling on QVC.
Yes I remember that. Prescriptives had some lovely products, including that perfume Calyx.

I didn't mind her too much in the early days, but can't be doing with her now, and her voice grates.

Latest posts

Back