Bare Minerals TSV 9/3/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So, if the primer, lipstick, day treatment & this mineral veil are all only available at QVC does this mean they aren't part of their main range?
Wondering if, like is often the case with the Kipling bags only for QVC, the quality will be less.

I think I might go for this after ages using Bb creams.

Dithering over the shade though. Light isn't bad I terms of er.....lightness, but it's too yellow. Medium looks a bit pink, but as I have a few red veins on my cheeks, maybe that would be ok......and I wonder if medium beige will be too dark. I've had all three shades in the past, yet still don't know what to choose!

Am I neutral, or cool?! I dunno!

Dithering over the shade though. Light isn't bad I terms of er.....lightness, but it's too yellow. Medium looks a bit pink, but as I have a few red veins on my cheeks, maybe that would be ok......and I wonder if medium beige will be too dark. I've had all three shades in the past, yet still don't know what to choose!

Polly, you sound like me. I use fairly medium but sadly QVC don't sell it. I asked Lee of Facebook and she suggested medium for me.
I too have tried Light, Fairly light and medium beige and all are wearable but fairly medium is perfect & once I'd tried that I understood why some people really rave about MMU

You sound like me too, I found light too yellow, I tried medium beige as it gas a different tone but have gone for fairly light this time to give that a go

Caught the morning repeat, Anne Dawson is back, oh dear. Non the wiser about the newer products as Anne wasted time rabbiting on about the price and general chit chat so I gave up.

Caught the morning repeat, Anne Dawson is back, oh dear. Non the wiser about the newer products as Anne wasted time rabbiting on about the price and general chit chat so I gave up.

Did she try to scrounge any freebies? Her stocks must be running down after being off for so long.:mysmilie_17:

I watched some of the launch and she was a pain in the butt. Her voice kept getting louder and louder and every 5 seconds she`d say " ya know ". Horrible habit.

What about Fairly Light?

It's too dark for me, I use Fair, but I have bought it before I found they did Fair & I didn't find it yellow.

I can wear Fair, Fairly Light, Light and Medium. But I only wear a very light dusting of BM foundation so maybe that's why. I go against advice because my skin is pale but not alabaster, slightly yellow but mostly neutral and I only tan a bit. BUT peculiar to me I suffer with jaundice caused by hereditary liver condition and rather than using a yellow based product to match, I've found the pinkier tones of say the Medium help to tone down the yellow. When the jaundice settles down then then the yellow based powders look better. I'm not really helping with others' colour choices am I? I also have a Medium Tan which works well as a bronzer! All bought for a few quid from ebay :mysmilie_59:.

So I have lots of different pots which I really can't be @rsed to use because they're just too damn messy! Had they offered the Ready foundation I might have been tempted, but probably not as the range just doesn't excite me. Their TSV colours all seem very safe and dull, I haven't bought a BM TSV for years though they do prompt me to get out the BM I own for a play and after a few days when my bedroom has a fine coating of BM dust everywhere I pack it up again (maybe I'm tapping too vigorously prior to buffing? :mysmilie_13:).

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a feeling fairly light might be a bit too pale, but I'm going to test some next time in in Debenhams.

For today I'm being sensible and am going to leave it. Had a look upstairs and was surprised to find that I actually had a large 16g jar of light and most of an 8g jar of medium! Tried both, and neither quite right, but not far off. The large jar had a removable sifter so I've actually mixed the smaller jar of medium into the bigger jar of light.....and it's now just right!! I wonder if this might be similar to the fairly medium that qvc don't sell?

I also found a nearly unused jar of mally primer, so I'm glad I dithered now.

Will also have a peek at the fairly medium in debenhams too, though I'm sure my big custom mixed jar will last ages.

Well the presentations haven't been very helpful... I want to know which shade of the stroke of light goes with which foundation, just saying oh don't worry about it we'll do it right isn't good enough... I find BM foundation and powder concealer shades to be less than brilliant and their shade recommendations to be really off, so I'm not going to buy if I don't know exactly what I'm getting and can look up swatches etc. The foundation shade that looks right (although not perfect) on my skin is something like 5 shades lighter than what they recommend for my sort of skin shade, wtf? A lot of their shades come up so, so yellow that I don't see how anyone's skin could actually be that colour. But there's been no mention at all of which shades go with which, when there are 3 shade choice items in the set, which is... ridiculous, really. Not impressed.

I am sick of hearing about Nicola from girls aloud and Kourtney Cox when Lee describes colours.

Hear Hear! I don't give a rat's tutu about so called celebrities and I wouldn't be able to recognise Nicola from Girls Aloud, no idea what she looks like!

Inge x

I am sick of hearing about Nicola from girls aloud and Kourtney Cox when Lee describes colours.
YES!! this is so annoying! Would be far better to have a real person for EACH shade, there in the studio.

I might start playing BE bingo!
Luscious layers of light
Luminosity
Swirl tap buff
Soil complex
Blah blah blah.....

It's times like this I'm thankful for porcelain skin, I'm always the lightest option in every range! (Well, if the range actually caters for super pale skin...) Must be so hard for you ladies figuring out what is the right shade for you.

I find it weird that QVC don't do clearer, more precise descriptions of shades as it's in their interest for people to buy the right shade so they don't get more returns.

Me too, Ellaaa.
Just sometimes being deathly pale does have advantages though not when you're trying to find a match in most high street ranges

I decided to go for the TSV because the value seems quite good. However I'm watching Julia Roberts presenting the 7pm show and sadly she looks like Better Davis in the film What ever happened to baby Jane. It's not a good look. The person who let her go on air looking like that needs a good talking to.

MillyMollyMandy i think the eyes were the problem. Im even more horrified after hearing SJ say she was responsible for the makeup!!

Latest posts

Back