BCC Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Too busy sporting her Mad Men look. Anyone notice how she only wears the specs when she is doing Techy shows. Must think it makes her look super brainy - sorry to disillusion you love but you are still a silly telly selly bimbo.

Chloe said that the majority of the money would go to Breast Cancer Care. The majority?? It used to be 50%. Think it's 25% now? Why are they allowed to say these things?!

I thought the vendors "donated" them so really it should be 100%

Last year the big stores had events which made Q's offerings look poor.

I realise where I've got those figures from. WE used to get the item half price but now it's only 25% off

If BCC get 60% that's good.

I realise where I've got those figures from. WE used to get the item half price but now it's only 25% off

If BCC get 60% that's good.

well it says "Look good, do good - at least 60% of the sale price of Breast Cancer Care jewellery items will be paid to Breast Cancer Care (Registered charity in England and Wales 1017658, and Scotland SCO38104) via Breast Cancer Care Trading Limited (CRN 2681072). The total amount which is estimated to be raised during this year’s campaign is £260,000 "

well it says "Look good, do good - at least 60% of the sale price of Breast Cancer Care jewellery items will be paid to Breast Cancer Care (Registered charity in England and Wales 1017658, and Scotland SCO38104) via Breast Cancer Care Trading Limited (CRN 2681072). The total amount which is estimated to be raised during this year’s campaign is £260,000 "

So to clarify... They aren't doing a BCC event like they usually do this year? Disappointing if so.

So to clarify... They aren't doing a BCC event like they usually do this year? Disappointing if so.

correct by the sounds of it but they dropped their target to £260,000

as it says "Over the last 17 years, we’ve raised over £5.3million for Breast Cancer Care, our flagship charity, and each year we try to raise even more! In order to do so, this year we’ll be doing things slightly differently and, instead of having our event show in October, we'll be raising money from now right through until the end of October!

We’re launching a new capsule jewellery collection and will be treating you to some exciting online-only beauty events that you won’t want to miss! So keep an eye out online and on social media to see more of the collection unveiling over the next few weeks!

We’re passionate about supporting the provision of expert advice in a time of need so we do hope you join us to help spread awareness and to raise money for this incredible cause

correct by the sounds of it but they dropped their target to £260,000

as it says "Over the last 17 years, we’ve raised over £5.3million for Breast Cancer Care, our flagship charity, and each year we try to raise even more! In order to do so, this year we’ll be doing things slightly differently and, instead of having our event show in October, we'll be raising money from now right through until the end of October!

We’re launching a new capsule jewellery collection and will be treating you to some exciting online-only beauty events that you won’t want to miss! So keep an eye out online and on social media to see more of the collection unveiling over the next few weeks!

We’re passionate about supporting the provision of expert advice in a time of need so we do hope you join us to help spread awareness and to raise money for this incredible cause

Personally I give straight to the Charity! Always have done and always will!

I stand to be corrected but does Q only support BCC and BL poppies? (I vaguely remember a promo for a tree with various charities on it but dont recall much being said about funds raised)

A quick google of other companies show that AS WELL AS MANY OTHER charities each company donates at least as much if not a lot more than Q to BCC.

Mind you to be honest it is mostly the customers who are donating but the companies will often match it or at least use their resources to promote the cause. I see M&S have pledged to raise 13M in 5 years and Asda have raised a whopping 42M over the years.

Even Avon where the products are very low value donate quite high amounts to various charities (not sure if this is just UK or worldwide).

Ill bet Q will still shout from the rooftops about their good works. I think these charities are after publicity and awareness as much as hard cash and the dropping of the BCC show from Q is poor considering that it is 99.9% female customers in an age range which needs targeting.

My best friend, met her the week we moved down here 20 odd years ago, was diagnosed in June, mastectomy was delayed until July to allow her to gain some tummy fat for the reconstruction (I offered my tummy fat!) all good but the biopsies tell a different story so she's straight onto chemo and further down the line radiation therapy. It's an absolute B**** of an illness, her two daughters (the youngest is 14) will be screened for the faulty gene.

So I'll do everything I can for her and her family and will donate direct again this year. In years past the BCC event has been a hoot on here but since they dropped the 50% donation from the profit on every item sold the whole event has lost something, plus the Crown and Joan Collins auction fiascos have tainted it for many people.

M&S when you look at how much of purchase goes to breast cancer charity is not always that great either!

Radio 2 raise millions each year for Children in Need. I think it was around 5 million last year with over 2 million just from a week of on air auctions on Chris Evans morning show.

Not saying QVC need to compete with that but it goes to show how pitiful £260,000 is.

Come on QVC, you can and should do better.

My best friend, met her the week we moved down here 20 odd years ago, was diagnosed in June, mastectomy was delayed until July to allow her to gain some tummy fat for the reconstruction (I offered my tummy fat!) all good but the biopsies tell a different story so she's straight onto chemo and further down the line radiation therapy. It's an absolute B**** of an illness, her two daughters (the youngest is 14) will be screened for the faulty gene.

So I'll do everything I can for her and her family and will donate direct again this year. In years past the BCC event has been a hoot on here but since they dropped the 50% donation from the profit on every item sold the whole event has lost something, plus the Crown and Joan Collins auction fiascos have tainted it for many people.

So sorry to hear that. Must be devastating for you. Obviously even more devastating for your friend with the dx. Treatment is horrible but at least you have something else to focus on rather than your nightmare scenarios... it's all a frightening experience to have to go through. It does make you more aware of what goes on with fundraising though. Once you realize how vital the money is that's raised, you do start to look at exactly how much is going where... Donating directly to the charity is the best, undoubtedly. All the retail supporters are important, but especially if they themselves are making a hefty donation alongside any retail fundraising they are doing.

I wish your friend every success with the treatment journey she's embarking on, and you and all her friends and family the same for your efforts to help and support her.

QVC make a big thing about what they do, and I do think it's important that there is this platform to raise awareness of at least one breast cancer charity, and I've a particular fondness for BCC as they are brilliant at what they do in helping women, and men, with the breast cancer dx. It's a lonely place to be... and feeling less alone in it is priceless.

We have the faulty BRCA gene in the family, my sister and a cousin tested positive,the rest of us are negative. My poor cousin has had breast cancer,ovarian cancer, cancer in the scar tissue were her ovaries were and now has tumours in her brain. I have no idea how her poor body copes.

We have the faulty BRCA gene in the family, my sister and a cousin tested positive,the rest of us are negative. My poor cousin has had breast cancer,ovarian cancer, cancer in the scar tissue were her ovaries were and now has tumours in her brain. I have no idea how her poor body copes.

My heart goes out to you all. Your cousin has been hammered from all sides by this, hasn't she? She must be amazingly strong to face so much adversity.

Well it seems people have finally found out no BBC evening on QVC. Quite a few comments on their Facebook page about how disappointed people are. QVC just said special capsule jewellery and some beauty online only.

Well I hope QVC donate all the money they've saved by not hosting the "event".............who am I kidding? :mysmilie_15: of course they won't. At least Fibby Flint (and any other employee) can defraud now without anyone knowing, well done QVC

Seem to be missing something here but get the feeling there is some bad feeling with QVC BCC Event! Anything must be good for Charity but I would prefer giving directly to said Charity!

Latest posts

Back