beauty bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi I'll report back probably tomorrow morning :mysmilie_59:

Hopefully I've successfully attached photo's of our haul (had to resize the photos). There are a good few brands that I haven't tried before including Astalift and a brand called FloraMare. We have 2 fullsized pots of Flora Mare day & night cream. It's a brand sold on QVC.de but I know nothing about it, maybe it's launching on QVCUK later in the year?

Along with my usual skincare mountain (it's moved on from being a stockpile) and all these new products to try, I probably will end up bequeathing it to my children if I don't live long enough to use it all!

(Cuppa tea not included lol)

Attachments

• bb 2014 smaller 1.jpg
    bb 2014 smaller 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 477
  • bb 2014 smaller 2.jpg
    bb 2014 smaller 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 407
  • bb 2014 smaller 3.jpg
    bb 2014 smaller 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 406
  • bb 2014 smaller 4.jpg
    bb 2014 smaller 4.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 416
What a great day it was - met up with an old friend that I don't see often enough, had lunch at a lovely pub on the River Thames and then on to the Beauty Bash!!! it would have been brilliant to have been picked out of the draw for free tickets but I don't begrudge paying for my ticket as I've paid far more for a day out and not enjoyed it half as much.

My friend and I both had different goodie bags. Hers included the nail varnish Porchester Sq from Nails Inc so she was well chuffed. Mine was pretty similar to Dips & Marina's but instead of having the ABC wipes it had a 450 ml tub of SBC Super Fruits body scrub - smells lovely.

Both of us commented on how different people looked in real life versus on screen. Have to say that close up, there were some skincare presenters whose skin looked quite poor and they didn't look a particularly good advert for their product but everyone seemed far slimmer than they look on the telly and everyone was exceptionally friendly.

The make up artist on the Laura Geller stand was lovely and we chatted for ages. Asked her why Laura always did the TSV presentations on a fully made up model and didn't start with clean skin like Stacey from YBF so you could get a lesson in how to apply the products. She said that it was because to make the make up look good, Laura needed 30 minutes to do each model properly and my friend commented that Laura always says her products are quick to use though, perfect for brushing on as you run out the door and the make up artist said that that amount of coverage just wouldn't show on the tv. We said that surely if Stacey could do it then Laura could? She said that she would feed the comments back to Laura. When we visited the YBF stand and told Stacey that we'd been teasing the Laura Geller girls and saying that they should present like her she roared with laughter and said she was surprised they didn't tell us to get lost (actually her language was a little more ripe than that!!!). She was an absolute hoot, a really nice lady to chat to.

Abbey from Ultrasun was really nice too. They are planning to bring out the shimmer in factor 30, she hopes will be out by the end of the year. Their main TSV will be early April and will include supersizes.

The Leighton Denny girls were good fun. Nina was sporting a rather lurid yellow nail varnish but they had the next TSV there and she painted each of my nails with the colours and I teased her that I'd be applying for her job as the hand model - as we compared my pork sausage stubbs with her elegant long fingers I think she was in no doubt that her job was safe. TSV includes two really lovely summery shades that will look great on tanned toes - a bright coral and a bright pink, also there will be a lilac, and two metallic shades - gold and mauve, a top coat and a pretty bag all under £30.

A new product coming soon is Imedeen which are vitamin tablets that you take once a day and it works on increasing/keeping your collagen levels up which the lady says will keep your skin looking far younger than just using a cream which only works on the surface of the skin and doesn't penetrate lower. She was a fabulous advert for the product, aged 51 she looked like she was in her late 30's. Got a month's supply sample so will definitely be trying that one out.

The lady on the Judith Williams stand was very funny and said doing the QVC shows was brilliant fun but very hard work. She said when you see them on for a 5/10 minute presentation, they've actually been at the studio prepping for 5 hours!!!!

The Liz Earle stand was packed and everyone was fighting to talk to Caroline! Tried their new bath and body range. Three different flavours: bergamot & ginger - very nice, fresh and zingy, Jasmine and something (sorry can't remember) - which was okay and Vanilla & Saffron which I thought smelt like biscuits and reminded me of the cookie flavoured candles that Yankee sell.

As we've purchased tickets now, I hope the Daily Mail send an email out when next year's go on sale, although I'll probably regret saying that when I'm bombarded with emails from DM flogging cruises, stairlifts and whatever else but would definitely recommend a visit if you can make it next year.

Flippin eck Akimbo thats one hell of a haul, i am well jel.

I know we were itching to have a rummage on the way home but as we had to change at Croydon we couldn't unload until we were on the longer leg of the journey back to Sussex. I probably get the best end of the share out because DD isn't interested in the anti-aging stuff so she's getting the make up, nail stuff and some of the bath and body products. So am I going to patiently use up the products I have on the go before I delve in? Hell no, but what to try first?

I got a 7.5ml jar of Perricone Neuropeptide cream which ml for ml is worth £28.22 (the full sized 59ml pot being £222 not incl p&p). The chances of me buying the full size are slim to none so I hope it's pants! :mysmilie_13:

Oh and another bonus...Mr Akimbo was getting the same train as us into work so he paid for our train tickets, all I spent from my own purse* was a for coffee and butty each afterwards!

*Mr Akimbo would like me to point out that we both p in the same pot, whereas I say what's his is mine...just that! :mysmilie_11:

Reading this thread has made me wish I'd been able to go. Sadly the cheapest trains to London from where I live are £60-£90 so it's far from a free day out. Be nice if they maybe did it somewhere more central next year, but I doubt they will. Ah well, we get used to it in the north! :wink:

Very jealous of everyone's hauls and it's been fun to read your accounts :mysmilie_59:

Hi I'll report back probably tomorrow morning :mysmilie_59:

Hopefully I've successfully attached photo's of our haul (had to resize the photos). There are a good few brands that I haven't tried before including Astalift and a brand called FloraMare. We have 2 fullsized pots of Flora Mare day & night cream. It's a brand sold on QVC.de but I know nothing about it, maybe it's launching on QVCUK later in the year?

Along with my usual skincare mountain (it's moved on from being a stockpile) and all these new products to try, I probably will end up bequeathing it to my children if I don't live long enough to use it all!

(Cuppa tea not included lol)
You've done really well Akimbo, looks if it's two goodie bags worth, not one.

I'd still rather be living up North in many ways (inspite of the outlaws) especially when I read about shops like Boyes and B&M Bargains, there's a distinct lack of bargain shops down my way apart from Poundland. But I agree it'd be nice of them to do a series of Roadshows around the country. I genuinely have friends who've never been North of Watford and they're missing some amazing parts of the UK!

Sorry I should have said it is 2 bags because my daughter came as my plus one for the day.

I hope Mr Akimbo gets a few brownie points for good behaviour for being spo good and perhaps you will let him try a few samples.

What I did notice, along with many Kipling bags and Kim & Co, is the number of ladies for whom QVC could do no wrong. We chatted to quite a few people going around but mentioning high postage costs and annoying presenters was a tumbleweed moment for the first few so I dropped these as a conversation topics; politics and religion would have been better received. Not that I was trying to badmouth the firm that's giving me all these freebies, just chatting. I conclude from this that QVC still has a hardcore of devoted zealots for whom Q can do no wrong.

Thinking about it QVC have no real incentive to cut or combine postage costs if we're in the minority in cutting our Q spending, shopping around and hitting the mute button for some shows.

What I did notice, along with many Kipling bags and Kim & Co, is the number of ladies for whom QVC could do no wrong. We chatted to quite a few people going around but mentioning high postage costs and annoying presenters was a tumbleweed moment for the first few so I dropped these as a conversation topics; politics and religion would have been better received. Not that I was trying to badmouth the firm that's giving me all these freebies, just chatting. I conclude from this that QVC still has a hardcore of devoted zealots for whom Q can do no wrong.

Thinking about it QVC have no real incentive to cut or combine postage costs if we're in the minority in cutting our Q spending, shopping around and hitting the mute button for some shows.

They're the sort of people who never change their car insurer because they believe loyalty pays. Whilst there are still folk still unwilling to shop around then their current insurer/QVC can continue to not be particularly competitive.

Last edited:
Very true. If QVC addressed some of the grumbles aired on here, maybe they'd push JLP off the top spot in that Customer Service Poll (you know - the one they hardly ever mention?). But weighing that against the cost of changing their systems and the £££ they recoup via separate P&P for instance, as long as people keep buying or they keep attracting new buyers, there's little incentive for them to change.

Akimbo its the same on the QVC US community board. The complainers get shouted down by the WE LOVE QVC followers. Even they mumble about p & p, but quietly and with a faint heart.

They sound like the Stepford Wives of Qvc ......... No wonder they get invited to all these special days by Q if they have nothing bad to say about them. Akimbo you should have invited them to join this forum :mysmilie_59:

I was there yesterday afternoon too, the lovely Letz-be-avenue very kindly offered to let me be her plus one. It was really good but sooo busy. It seemed a lot busier than the other one I went to where it didn't take so much waiting around to get to talk to people. It was also insanely hot and the treatments got booked up so quickly we only managed to get a facial between us. It was really good fun though and most of the people we spoke to were dead nice and friendly. We got as many samples going round as we could and of course the goody bag is a lovely treat. There was a full size of the new Spackle in it, which is helpful for me since I like the original but can't use it. No witch hazel in the new formulation so hopefully it should be great on my skin. Fingers crossed.

Fair enough, I was utterly boiling the whole time. I do feel the heat easily though, I'm rarely cold.

It was pretty warm on Wednesday morning, especially upstairs, I'm generally a warm body though. Glad we checked in our coats. DD is applying for a theatre and TV make up course so she was chuffed that several people commented on how lovely her skin is and loved her make up (a couple of the make up brands were compilmentary or were desperate for a new customer ;o) Neither of us wanted to have a facial in the middle of a huge room of people but DD had some miniature dried flowers applied to her nail polish by Ciate which looked lovely.

I spoke to the lady at L'Artisan Parfumeur and when I said I often wear Traversee du Bosphore she sprayed a paper slip and scribbled on the name but I can't read the writing! It might be Amour Nocturne but I'll ask a few people to try to read it or find a tester before I put in a request! Skin On Skin was rather lovely too and I do love a perfume with a horny-sounding name!

I was there yesterday morning and Thursday afternoon. Really enjoyed both days, goodie bags were excellent. Had facial by Elemis, nails done by the LD team twice (Nina remembered my name from the last 2 years at the bash!), Laura Geller make over and a Mally make over, both were brilliant, eyebrows done by Shavata team - it hurt so much but they have never looked better! Had a lovely chat to alot of the stands - must mention Strivectin, Philip Kingsley, Judith Williams (Leanne was extremely lovely, am ordering some of the products as I was incredibly impressed by what I tried there), Radical (had a lovely hand treatment), Rituals (got to the hotel, went on the app and ordered the soap i tried at the bash haha! it's gorgeous) and Macadamia Hair which I have 2 try me sets of and am really impressed with. There were alot of new brands there, most of whom gave out samples. Decleor get a massive thumbs down for being rude and only doing 3 treatments in 4 hours so were fully booked in the first 3 minutes...

I will definitely go again next year if possible!

Latest posts

Back