Before we disappear - Last thoughts - What's your bid experience?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So weird to think it's to the EXACT week 10 years ago that I started watching Bid!
Hmm must be wonderful to be the voice of reason and truth on here,I bet you wet your boy/girl?self in writing so much crap.
Hard to ignore some of the homophobic postings from the past on here,if a presenter is gay so what,if a presenter has a different coloured skin so what,by all means call them for there selling morals or no morals,which I agree were very dubious.As for the persons who wrote back to Lisa Brash so patronising,why this lady gives any of you her time is beyond me,at least she has heart clearly some of you are beyond help,please switch off your TV's and get a life.

Hmm must be wonderful to be the voice of reason and truth on here,I bet you wet your boy/girl?self in writing so much crap.
Hard to ignore some of the homophobic postings from the past on here,if a presenter is gay so what,if a presenter has a different coloured skin so what,by all means call them for there selling morals or no morals,which I agree were very dubious.As for the persons who wrote back to Lisa Brash so patronising,why this lady gives any of you her time is beyond me,at least she has heart clearly some of you are beyond help,please switch off your TV's and get a life.

and have you reported any of the 'homophobic' and 'racist' comments? I can't say I've ever seen a post on here where someone has done what you are insinuating...

and as for Lisa Brash, sure there may be some tongue in cheek comments or those aimed at her style of 'presenting'. That goes for pretty much all the presenters who were on there. But then again you sound like a person who doesn't much care if the public are being lied to (or were)?

proof or GTFO

I suppose a touch of bitterness and resentment is perfectly understandable, I think it should be tolerated given the circumstances.

Nobody likes it when they finally realise that the game is up and, make no mistake, Bid's game is well and truly up.

But what a shame for all the many decent people who worked there, they all had to suffer because of the shysters and we all know who they are.

It's good you came on and made your view known, that is what this forum is all about. Your views have been read. Most contributors watch the presentations by the Bid/price drop lot. The concerns I have, and I am not speaking for anyone else is simply, how did the presenters get away telling outright fibs for so long? They knew full well what they were saying - yes they did. There have been many ASA complaints against them. May I suggest Rita256 that you read through some of the backlog of comments and you will see the presenters have been picked up several times for fibbing (at least). To give some credit, they have come and contributed. Fair play to them. We all don't need to get a life, but other Bid/PD supporters it seems are trying to blame this forum for adding to the demise of Bid/PD. Look to the poor quality of overpriced tat, extortionate P & P, need I go on. Please come back and let's hear your views - they are most welcome.

I know I shouldn't be feeding the troll, but it sounds like you could do with a good meal! alongside a few other things. At least she has a heart? - Patronising beyond belief!!! Thanks for the laugh darling, and welcome to the forum x

I don't see any homophobic posts at all and some of the people who post on this are gay themselves. Also a lot of it is said as a joke laughing with them not at them and if your referring to jokes about Peter Simon have you seen the amount of smut and innuendo he did about gay things? - any post I've made about his back door was an exact quote from him 1 day whilst selling things.

I hope your not including me in the Lisa Brash comment, I was touched that after finding out her mum has cancer on the Tuesday and then being made redundant from a 9 year job just 12 hours earlier she came on here and not only read my comment but was touched enough to reply. My other comments about her being a nice down to earth lady I stick to as well.

I would hazard a guess it will be someone from Mason's fanpage, some of them have been saying they're going to come on here and cause trouble after possibly being whipped into a frenzy by you know who. The irony of such behaviour is clearly lost on them.

But of course anyone can come on here and speak their mind, unlike over there as you have to go through Madina's strict vetting procedure. Only the finest arse kissers are selected for her exceptionally egotistical and increasingly pointless love in.

But whatever they say, or we say, it's not going to change anything. Sit-Up has finally been Shut-Up, it's over.

Gollum and Goddess need to accept that it's back to mucking out the stables for them as, very soon, nobody will be in the least bit interested in what either of them have to say, much like we'll have very little to talk about too.

They, and this forum, will be as relevant as the 2013 Christmas Radio Times.

Hi Rita526! Although I disagree and positively refute your bizarre post re racist and homophobic posts, it's always nice to welcome a new member to the forum! Can I ask, are you a Justin Bieber fan also?

I am :wonder:

I heard that Paul Evers is relaunching his career as a Justin Bieber tribute act.

But i'd lose the Tea Cosy if I was him, it's not very street :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

When I look at that image it makes me wonder, how on earth did they go bust? :thinking:

I heard that Paul Evers is relaunching his career as a Justin Bieber tribute act.

But i'd lose the Tea Cosy if I was him, it's not very street :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 10418

When I look at that image it makes me wonder, how on earth did they go bust? :thinking:

I'm sure he can take that further, it was just the funniest thing, like everrr :sleepy:

I'm sure he can take that further, it was just the funniest thing, like everrr :sleepy:

I think you're right Momma, it was unique. I'd certainly never seen anything like it, in my life.

But of course some of the greatest ever comedy was only served up in short doses, Fawlty Towers only ever had 12 episodes.

I just feel privileged to have been able to watch his routine, albeit briefly. Very briefly :mysmilie_59:

I think you're right Momma. It was unique. I'd certainly never seen anything like it, in my life :mysmilie_59:

But of course some of the greatest ever comedy was only served up in short doses, Fawlty Towers only ever had 12 episodes.

I just feel privileged to have been able to watch his routine, albeit briefly. Very briefly :mysmilie_59:

You'd pay good money for that and we got it for free :wink:

Well, it certainly is the end of an era! I stumbled across pricedrop in 2003 and my first purchase that day was a set of Peter Allis golf clubs for a £1......I was hooked! I quickly worked out via the website what items were going for a £1 and it all snowballed from there. I was in as soon as the auction started and as £1megadrop said in his post all the usual 2 or 3 names would appear everytime and mine was always there! Golf clubs, mountain bikes, TV's, Jewellery, luggage sets.....it was crazy what they sold for £1. It was so easy to bag the £1 items at the start, I let a few people know what items would go for £1, they were all amazed how I knew! I wouldn't spill the secret to how I knew though!

Megadrops on Price, Bid bullets (then also renamed megadrops) on bid, they paid for many a holiday :) I lost count on how many times I was banned from buying. To start with the presenters used to ask people to email in with how many megadrops you got, they wanted to know! then latterly it was limited to 1 a week! I would receive phonecalls from the call centre asking how I was so successful..............like I was going to tell them! Fast with my fingers was my reply! I always got round them banning me.

My best £1 item, a 54g solid gold gents curb chain which I still have and worth a bit even at todays scrap prices!
My best (non £1) purchased item, the acer aspire 13.3 inch laptop I am currently typing on which I paid £199 for during Bids birthday promo a few years back, great machine.

I stopped counting how many Megadrops I purchased but it was well over 1000. Looking back I was greedy but when I knew how the system worked, I think most would do the same!

And the secret to Megadrops, each item they sold had a 7 digit item number and the normal products they would sell went in sequence, so for example in the early days they had around 8 items per hour and you would have 7 items with item numbers in sequence(say 4414551, 4414552, 4414553 etc) but 1 item in there would have a totally different item number (say 2389021), that was the megadrop, guaranteed without fail.

Latterly they changed it, they wouldn't list the megadrop item on the website but it was now in the sequence of product numbers so you just looked at the other items, see what number was missing from the sequence then changed the number of an item from one listed to the missing number and hey presto a hidden item would appear!

So thanks Bid & Price for the good old early years...................... R.I.P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back