Begging for £1 games and comps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Missed the £1 comp, but pleased to hear Steve is doing something. Have now virtually stopped joining the chat and don't even turn it on as this sort of thing annoys me so much. How Rocks staff put up with it I don't know, but I imagine the free comps are likely to be stopped if it continues and why can't people put their requests through the proper channels? If Rocks said they'd only put on properly requested items, maybe that would stop. Rant over.

I lost my connection about 2pm yesterday so didn't see all this - Steve is very shrewd so he'll no doubt find a way of eliminating the problem. It's like a pack of baying dogs!

It also annoys me when people shout "Lower!" - as if that would influence the price drop...I hope Chat isn't axed, but I shouldn't think it would be...I think it's one of the basic marketing strategies of Rocks - the interactivity keeps people watching - and buying...The comps are a "carrot" too - but to keep shouting for them is crass and uncouth. Maybe Rocks should stipulate there will be one comp on the hour and that's all.

There'll always be an unruly, unpleasant element when a group of people from all walks of life are thrown together, it's human nature...Steve or whoever is on can't really tell them off because they're customers - anyone who's worked in retail or as a demonstrator will know what it's like and you can't do much about it...Just try to find subtle ways of putting them in their place - as Steve evidently did...Were there any comments after the bag auction lol?

I logged off yesterday because there was a constant barrage of chat about Jamie. I know we've mentioned this before, but it was even worse yesterday. People shouting for him to get his shirt off and show his six-pack, saying they wouldn't buy until he did. When I mentioned that it wasn't funny, the response was it's only a laugh. Sorry, I don't find it particularly funny, and commented that they wouldn't be laughing if a lot of old pervs were saying those things about them, their sister or daughter. I don't think if men were making comments to Emma or Carol that anyone would be laughing either.

I'm not an old fuddyduddy, but come on, this is totally unnecessary and out of order.

Rant over :22:

:doggie:

Didn't see Jamie yesterday, so I can't comment on it. Would have been ok it if it was the odd light comment, (wasn't he one of the 'birthday boys'?), but not if it got ott. Like I say though, I didn't watch it.

Begging for £1 comps. Didn't one of the 'beggars' buy a very expensive item last night?
I am slightly confused.

A x

I think that with the other work he has done for Rocks, Jamie has to expect some kind of comment to be passed from time to time. The 'Birthday Boys' marketing excercise was designed to provoke that kind of reaction, so to put the 'object' of that into another context, and not expect it, would be unrealistic, as there is always going to be cross over between the two with persons considering it acceptable, but it does go too far sometimes, I agree. I think someone described it yesterday as bein like a bunch of lions with fresh meat.

At the end of the day he has a job to do and this constant barracking was clearly distracting and embarrasing for him, so yeah, make the odd comment, but yesterday evening went too far.

Last edited:
Didn't see Jamie yesterday, so I can't comment on it. Would have been ok it if it was the odd light comment, (wasn't he one of the 'birthday boys'?), but not if it got ott. Like I say though, I didn't watch it.

Begging for £1 comps. Didn't one of the 'beggars' buy a very expensive item last night?
I am slightly confused

A x

Me too! :54:

I'm glad I didn't see the comments about Jamie because they sound fairly dire; but it's a fair point about the "birthstone boys". I have to admit that I found that particular marketing exercise tacky in the extreme. Perhaps Rocks shouldn't bee too surprised if people keep asking Jamie to get shirt off, when they've already published a clip of him doing just that...

Latest posts

Back