Birkenstock TSV Sat Mid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see there are a couple of fashion day prices on the website...........................and according to the tv guide a TSV on 27th march :mysmilie_696:

we can resist together rainbowdottie!!!
I have admitted on here I have too many pairs and not enough feet !!:mysmilie_61:

See I don't understand this. I bought a pair of Birkis last year for my hols and they are the most uncomfortable shoe I've ever worn.

VALM you need to persevere with them - it will be worth it.

The first time I wore a pair I hobbled with tears trickling down my cheeks. I have a spinal condition and take very, very strong painkillers yet I felt as though I was walking on sharp stones. After that I put them away for a year but then, wearing socks (in the privacy of my home!), I started off 5 minutes at a time and gradually built it up. Now I have about 20 pairs in every colour and style :mysmilie_34: and don't wear any other casual shoes in the summer.

I have fallen arches and the footbed of a Birki is a brilliant alternative to orthotics, which really only work with a closed shoe.

Last year I went to Fuerteventura for 7 days and packed 9 pairs of Birkis - 7 different pairs for the evenings, 2 pairs for round the pool and travelled in a 10th pair :mysmilie_701:

VALM you need to persevere with them - it will be worth it.

The first time I wore a pair I hobbled with tears trickling down my cheeks. I have a spinal condition and take very, very strong painkillers yet I felt as though I was walking on sharp stones. After that I put them away for a year but then, wearing socks (in the privacy of my home!), I started off 5 minutes at a time and gradually built it up. Now I have about 20 pairs in every colour and style :mysmilie_34: and don't wear any other casual shoes in the summer.

I have fallen arches and the footbed of a Birki is a brilliant alternative to orthotics, which really only work with a closed shoe.

Yes, do give them a go Valm, as Miss QVC says, it does take a while to really get used to them, mine now feel like an extension of my feet! I have tendon/ligament & joint problems & find the Birkenstocks very supportive, so much so that I am now able to wear trainers as well, which I couldn't do before, as it hurt to walk in almost anything & that was if I could get anything else on in the first place!

My feet are much less swollen around the joints generally & I no longer stumble constantly, so although my ankles still hurt most of the time to a degree, I no longer have to suffer the same amount of discomfort from my dodgy tendons giving out etc.! They really have made that much of a difference to me! :mysmilie_82:

The only thing I will say about birkenstocks is I think they make your feet "spread" - and I actually heard kathy say pretty much the same thing,a few years ago,and I took not notice of her.

Before I started wearing birkenstocks,I've always been a size 6,in any shoe/boot.

I now have to wear a 7 and it has to be a wide 7 to be honest.

I could put it down to weight gain - but I do think they've made my feet wider.

No matter,I'll just have to live in my birkies :mysmilie_696:

Re how comfortable they are - If you really can't get on with them,try different styles.I never had a problem with any of mine,never had to wear any of mine in - until I tried the sparta style.They made my toes blled,burn and balloon.I perserved even whilst my feet were bleeding - but even to this day,they are not comfortable.They're bearable if I use some of the scholl gelly things and their toe post inserts.On this basis,I won't try the gizeh style.I do think I get on better with the madrid,florida and arizona.

The only thing I will say about birkenstocks is I think they make your feet "spread" - and I actually heard kathy say pretty much the same thing,a few years ago,and I took no notice of her.

Before I started wearing birkenstocks,I've always been a size 6,in any shoe/boot.

I now have to wear a 7 and it has to be a wide 7 to be honest.

I could put it down to weight gain - but I do think they've made my feet wider.

No matter,I'll just have to live in my birkies :mysmilie_696:

Oh my goodness - is this true????

I was always a 5.5 or a 6 but now I'm a 6.5 or a 7!

I thought it was due to weight gain over the years, but I much prefer this as an explanation :mysmilie_61:

yes I do think its true - like I say I even hear KT mention it.I still wear a 6 in my birkies but not in anything else any more!

Latest posts

Back