Birthday event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
I have been hearing many people express their belief that Gemporia is slowly nearing its demise, but I didn't believe it until now. On their Facebook page they have posted the highlights of the first week of their birthday event and, with the exception of Ceylon Sunset Sapphires, there is no gemstone premiere. They kept saying throughout the last few months that the birthday would be full of premieres and launches. How disappointing! What are your thoughts on the matter?

I have been hearing many people express their belief that Gemporia is slowly nearing its demise, but I didn't believe it until now. On their Facebook page they have posted the highlights of the first week of their birthday event and, with the exception of Ceylon Sunset Sapphires, there is no gemstone premiere. They kept saying throughout the last few months that the birthday would be full of premieres and launches. How disappointing! What are your thoughts on the matter?
I agree with you from the odd times I look in the jewellery is very cheap and nasty just a continuation of what's been On for the last week or so. Unless they are going to surprise us but up to now this has been a very poor offering.

Same, anytime I have taken a quick pick it's either been the occasional Lorique or total tat. Nowt in-between. The products now bear no resemblance to what was on air two years ago and more. Really saddening. Also, when searching on their website, they just don't seem to have as many items as before.

I agree with you from the odd times I look in the jewellery is very cheap and nasty just a continuation of what's been On for the last week or so. Unless they are going to surprise us but up to now this has been a very poor offering.
I'm sure quite a few weeks (months) ago when Dave got back from his latest travels with yet more Jade, Kate mentioned something about him bringing back a new parcel of peridot and that we would be seeing it in the birthday shows. I do hope it's been cut and set in gold and not just the beads, nuggets and rough (key rings) that we've had to endure of late.

I will be tuning in on the 18th and 19th because Yianni Melas in on with a brand new gemstone but, the minute they say it's set in gold tone is the exact minute I'll be tuning out.

The 'brand new stone' will probably something that's been on before - it'll just have a gimmicky marketing name. Yianni loves his marketing names.

I watch so rarely now, but Thursday is a wfh day, and I was so surprised to see Dave waxing lyrical about Jadeite! Sadly one piece has only 22 items. Cut to Ellis, who looked moved to tears, distraught to learn that it won’t be going to preorder. Nice little clip of Dave’s Bestie and his upmarket Jade Shop. Talking telephone numbers constantly, what a joke.

Gemporia have a great schtick of finding bog standard gems/rocks and sexing them up.For example Strawberry Quartz is a rather low value, plentifully available type but Gemporia insist that it’s very rare and collectible.You can buy a full bracelet of the same stuff on Temu for £2.45 or similar. Yet people were paying silly amounts for this stuff set in gold tone silver.Caveat Emptor indeed.

Gemporia have a great schtick of finding bog standard gems/rocks and sexing them up.For example Strawberry Quartz is a rather low value, plentifully available type but Gemporia insist that it’s very rare and collectible.You can buy a full bracelet of the same stuff on Temu for £2.45 or similar. Yet people were paying silly amounts for this stuff set in gold tone silver.Caveat Emptor indeed.
But it seems to work how????

I bought the strawberry quartz apple pendant that was supposed to be red, it looked like a cherry that had gone rotten and brown - sent it back!

The cake looked nice lol, now Mr Troth is back with his legacy pieces of Jadeite! Surely he's as fed up with it as we are? 😆
It appears not!😅😂

just tuned in…😂 to see him on air currently flogging something “amazing that they are giving away”
For once the graphics were spelled correctly, it appears to be

200cts Type A Olmec Jadeite One Sided Rose Carving​

So glad they have explained what this mysterious treasure is? They keep talking about the “water quality on petals”
Wow…to my peasant eye it looked like a large piece of phlegm coughed up! Green slimy looking piece of something resembling
green cabbage?

Attachments

• 0C0FA7EC-4579-4357-BDEE-E48D9905BF7D.jpeg
    0C0FA7EC-4579-4357-BDEE-E48D9905BF7D.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 31
I can just visualise a long dark shed somewhere in China with loads of local guys carving identical ‘exquisite examples of master carving and heirloom quality’ roses as we sp

It appears not!😅😂

just tuned in…😂 to see him on air currently flogging something “amazing that they are giving away”
For once the graphics were spelled correctly, it appears to be

200cts Type A Olmec Jadeite One Sided Rose Carving​

So glad they have explained what this mysterious treasure is? They keep talking about the “water quality on petals”
Wow…to my peasant eye it looked like a large piece of phlegm coughed up! Green slimy looking piece of something resembling
green cabbage?
.... and they want £199 for it 🧐

Latest posts

Back