Birthday event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just noticed that Angeline has done a re-run of some pieces of the new gem discovery from Yianni but it does nothing at all for me regardless of how it's set.

Just saw a promo with Jade Troff about an upcoming Nilimani show. He explained how it was named and kept mentioning Kashmiri Sapphire of course but he NEVER actually told you that it was Kyanite. Sneaky and extremely misleading stuff.
I thought that the last ever Nilamani show was about a year or so ago, with Jade Dave. I can't remember the exact reason he gave, but it was something to do with small pockets and the deposit had been mined out. The evening was overly hyped wall-to-wall Nilamani jewellery; then over on Gem Collector, Alex had been told to have an hour of it- curiously, he didn't seem convinced that it would never be seen again.

The Kyanite they’re flogging now is apparently ‘the best ever gems in the channels history’ so same old speil. This gem could never be mistaken for sapphire because of the rather obvious striations going through it.They haven’t said that it’s Kyanite though.

Just seen a promo with Jade Troff about an upcoming Nilimani show. He explained how it was named and kept mentioning Kashmiri Sapphire of course but he NEVER actually told you that it was Kyanite.Sneaky and extremely misleading stuff.
Yes I saw that too and I was waiting for one of them to say it was kyanite but NO never mentioned!! However sapphire was mentioned a lot. No wonder people think they are buying sapphires. Really miss leading to say the least.

Just noticed that Angeline has done a re-run of some pieces of the new gem discovery from Yianni but it does nothing at all for me regardless of how it's set.
Agree totally it's like the off cuts of aquaprase

We’re also now meant to believe that these gems were kept in someone’s vault for 30 years and that only now they’re available lol.Strange how the person kept them and waited for Troff.Jess is now just saying Literally for no reason at all.

They never do, it’s totally misleading. So much for transparency. There is absolutely no reason that they couldn’t put Kyanite in the description box, and mention it in the presentation-God knows they enough time in the 35 minute preamble.

I watch so rarely now, but Thursday is a wfh day, and I was so surprised to see Dave waxing lyrical about Jadeite! Sadly one piece has only 22 items. Cut to Ellis, who looked moved to tears, distraught to learn that it won’t be going to preorder. Nice little clip of Dave’s Bestie and his upmarket Jade Shop. Talking telephone numbers constantly, what a joke.
So he actually has a Bestie? The mind boggles!

In all honesty, I'm sure they said that the term "Nilamani" was reserved for the very best kyanite. But they've labelled this... Or did I get that wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-27-00-54-41-986.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-10-27-00-54-41-986.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 44
In all honesty, I'm sure they said that the term "Nilamani" was reserved for the very best kyanite. But they've labelled this... Or did I get that wrong?

That was their original claim. They also claimed it was the miners, rather then Gemporia themselves, that named this supposed 'fine grade' material as Nilamani to differentiate it from the 'normal' Kyanite.

However, there's been some real wishy-washy, heavily included or noticeable banded Kyanite material been put into jewellery and sold on Gem Collector as 'Nilamani' - and Gem Collector had some of their old stock stones 'renamed' from Kyanite to Nilamani too (ie, it appeared on the website as 'Nilamani' but when it arrived, they'd forgotten to issue a new certificate of authenticity, so it still said "Himalayan Kyanite" on the certificate that came with the stone.

At the end of the day, this is what 'Nilamani' is:

Blue Kyanite from Nepal, disguised under a different name and sold with lectures about Sapphire to confuse people into thinking it's something it isn't. Even Elena Stephens (JM presenter) genuinely thought it was Sapphire at one point, such is the convincing spiel about it being Sapphire - until she was told otherwise MUCH later down the line.

That was their original claim. They also claimed it was the miners, rather then Gemporia themselves, that named this supposed 'fine grade' material as Nilamani to differentiate it from the 'normal' Kyanite.

However, there's been some real wishy-washy, heavily included or noticeable banded Kyanite material been put into jewellery and sold on Gem Collector as 'Nilamani' - and Gem Collector had some of their old stock stones 'renamed' from Kyanite to Nilamani too (ie, it appeared on the website as 'Nilamani' but when it arrived, they'd forgotten to issue a new certificate of authenticity, so it still said "Himalayan Kyanite" on the certificate that came with the stone.

At the end of the day, this is what 'Nilamani' is:

Blue Kyanite from Nepal, disguised under a different name and sold with lectures about Sapphire to confuse people into thinking it's something it isn't. Even Elena Stephens (JM presenter) genuinely thought it was Sapphire at one point, such is the convincing spiel about it being Sapphire - until she was told otherwise MUCH later down the line.
I saw that on Gem Collector too. I was a bit taken aback, actually. I always had the impression that GC tended to keep things a bit more down to earth 🙃.

I saw that on Gem Collector too. I was a bit taken aback, actually. I always had the impression that GC tended to keep things a bit more down to earth 🙃.

Back in the day, it was far less hard sell and enjoyable than the other channels - but, now that that channel has grown too, it's gone down the same path as the others - including appearances and lectures from Dave and Toby.

It's also become a bit of a 'bit of everything' channel - with strands from Jewellery Maker being sold on there, pendants from Gemporia and products made out of gemstones that used to be sold on the lifestyle channels (ie, tea light holders, etc).

It's no longer a loose gemstone channel, and it's lost its spark. I don't bother with it any more - I buy from elsewhere instead. Usually Gem Select.

Absolutely everything is either mis described or hyped to the moon now.Jess was just saying that the moonstone bracelet had 18ct gold vermeil on it but it clearly said rose tone on the description.I don’t trust any of them.

They annoy me when they hype the plating up for being 18ct gold too.

18ct gold is actually worse for plating than 9ct gold plating because its purer, softer, and will therefore wear off even quicker.

Latest posts

Back