Body Shop.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to buy a lot of Body Shop products and they always used to do - at least once a year - a really good sale, where they eventually offered an additional 30% off code on top.

But in the past couple of years, the prices have reached crazy levels and the sales are poor.

Having said that, I’ve just bought two Christmas gift sets and matching shower gels are pretty good discounts (literally the only two I could find!) for gifts this Christmas…

Sounds as if it’s going to look as if I’m giving “closing down sale” goods again!!

Years ago I used quite a few Body Shop products but one by one I grew bored with them or they became overpriced. The last time I bought anything from them was at an outlet store at Freeport in Lytham and I bought 2 huge bottles of bodywash. I haven`t been there since and I haven`t seen or heard of the giant bottles since, so whether they were a special item specifically for outlet stores, I`ve no idea.
In the beginning Body Shop were a new idea, trendy and their stores were completely different than the big cosmetic halls in the likes of Debenhams or John Lewis and they became popular with the young upcoming anti animal testing and green environmentalists, Lush was another brand and they too are struggling these days.
Body Shop might have been a forerunner but in recent years many brands have followed their ideas and ethics and created some serious competition.

I think they were up for sale quite recently? I read the British Beauty Blogger business news and an Australian company bought them a few years back, I swear I read they had put them up for sale.

Haven't shopped with them for years.

Found it and it The Body Shop Home.

The Body Shop at Home is closing as of the end of February 2023. It’s not really something that enters my sphere so I forget about its existence at all, but in fact, there are thousands of TBS at Home consultants who make a living from hosting TBS parties. I’m a big fan of TBS product but I can see why it has been outgrown by digital. Just as we are at a time when ‘real world’ social interactions are the lowest they’ve ever been thanks to having our heads in our phones all the time, it feels so much like an indicator of how we live now. However, TBS will be offering their At Home consultants the opportunity to pivot to digital consultants. The shape of this is as yet undisclosed. Additionally, TBS new owners, Aurelius, is apparently about to digest itself of parts of their international business, selling their mainland Europe and parts of Asia arms.

I think they were up for sale quite recently? I read the British Beauty Blogger business news and an Australian company bought them a few years back, I swear I read they had put them up for sale.

Haven't shopped with them for years.

Found it and it The Body Shop Home.

The Body Shop at Home is closing as of the end of February 2023. It’s not really something that enters my sphere so I forget about its existence at all, but in fact, there are thousands of TBS at Home consultants who make a living from hosting TBS parties. I’m a big fan of TBS product but I can see why it has been outgrown by digital. Just as we are at a time when ‘real world’ social interactions are the lowest they’ve ever been thanks to having our heads in our phones all the time, it feels so much like an indicator of how we live now. However, TBS will be offering their At Home consultants the opportunity to pivot to digital consultants. The shape of this is as yet undisclosed. Additionally, TBS new owners, Aurelius, is apparently about to digest itself of parts of their international business, selling their mainland Europe and parts of Asia arms.
Yes they were sold late last year

About a month ago they announced they were closing Body Shop at Home service on 23rd February and now administrator being brought in.

They are now saying well the reports on the national news it is unlikely the Body Shop will actually disappear.
Just seen breaking news on the BBC and it says Body Shop UK business has gone into administration with up to 2000 jobs in danger. The administrators are looking at all options to save the business,shops will remain open for now.

Years ago I used quite a few Body Shop products but one by one I grew bored with them or they became overpriced. The last time I bought anything from them was at an outlet store at Freeport in Lytham and I bought 2 huge bottles of bodywash. I haven`t been there since and I haven`t seen or heard of the giant bottles since, so whether they were a special item specifically for outlet stores, I`ve no idea.
In the beginning Body Shop were a new idea, trendy and their stores were completely different than the big cosmetic halls in the likes of Debenhams or John Lewis and they became popular with the young upcoming anti animal testing and green environmentalists, Lush was another brand and they too are struggling these days.
Body Shop might have been a forerunner but in recent years many brands have followed their ideas and ethics and created some serious competition.
They still do/did the 750ml bottles in certain fragrances - depends what you mean by huge! - but they’re £££!

They were great in the 70s and 80s - I used to buy from the Original Brighton store but by the 90s. /00s they had no point of difference any more- all the fragrances and products I used to buy were discontinued, the prices shot up so I stopped using them. If they did go it’d be no great loss to me but I hate seeing all the high street names disappearing one by one.

They were great in the 70s and 80s - I used to buy from the Original Brighton store but by the 90s. /00s they had no point of difference any more- all the fragrances and products I used to buy were discontinued, the prices shot up so I stopped using them. If they did go it’d be no great loss to me but I hate seeing all the high street names disappearing one by one.
Me too. I shopped there from 1978 until I left in 1984.

Latest posts

Back