Bose TSV 06/04/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh no not the scientific candle blow out AGAIN even the guy that presents it needs a rocket up his rear end he looks as if he is about to fall asleep.

Every system Bose manufactures seems to be aimed towards the iphone/ipod user. As unrealistic as it may sound, we do not all want to/own an apple product. Obviously, Bose have some kind of financial agreement with apple.

Genuine question...does anyone think these are really worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought a Bose Wave system from Q the winter before last, again it was a TSV, but at the price of £499....no DAB radio though, but with the IPod/phone connector.

I've wanted one for years and it came up on 3/4 easy pays. Very quick delivery, direct from the suppliers. Out of the box, plugged it in, listened to accompanying CD, set the time and date and job done. Thought we'd give it a month or more (it was the extended Xmas mbg thingy), and soon decided it was a keeper. It is compact and will go anywhere in the home and look good. The sound quality, very nice and I have it at a very low volume for my background ClassicFM listening.

Simplest music system I've ever set up! We recently had to move our stacking hi-fi system and what a pain that was, connecting leads all over the shop, like spaghetti junction it is at the back. The Bose.......one power cable. :nod:

Apologies if this is a longer answer than you were wanting. :blush:

Thanks Sacha, great reply. I'm not in the market for one, but was just interested in people's thoughts on them, especially considering the price :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can't see the point in selling one that doesn't work with the iPhone 5. The older style connector won't be available for new Apple products, so even if it works with your current iphone or ipad, if you upgrade - it won't!

I recently bought a Sonos Play 3 system. Sounds better than Bose IMO and works via the home Wifi so no dock needed and if I change from Apple, it'll still work.

Maybe Bose are getting rid of old stock before launching one with the new lightening rather than 30 pin connector.

I like my bose but I don't LOVE it. I don't believe the sound is substantially better than any other mid range sony system. I like that fact that its easy to plug in and set up but not for the money

I noticed they splashed out on a new set of Candles :mysmilie_851:

I caught the candle test while I was channel hopping and the demonstration was lack lustre, to say the least, because apparently the candles were being affected by the air con. They blew out before the Bose was stuck in front of them.

For me, the Bose is too expensive and I could never justify spending that amount on a sound system, especially when there are bills to pay. The docking station I've got (for my iPod) was a deal at £30 and even when turned on full volume there is no distortion in the sound ....... so I'll stick with that.

Latest posts

Back