Brand ambassadors who still only appear via video

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

user 22184

Registered Shopper
It looks like most brand ambassadors are back in the studio, thank God, as I often struggle to catch what's being said when a BA is appearing via video call.

I understand Tova hasn't been well recently, so fair play to her for trying to make it work via video. But why is the Elemis BA still not in the studio? I wanted to watch the men's skincare presentation but as usual the quality of her connection isn't good, with digital artifacts making it unpleasant to listen to.

So, who else hasn't come back to the studio yet? Does it annoy you when they don't appear in the studio?

It looks like most brand ambassadors are back in the studio, thank God, as I often struggle to catch what's being said when a BA is appearing via video call.

I understand Tova hasn't been well recently, so fair play to her for trying to make it work via video. But why is the Elemis BA still not in the studio? I wanted to watch the men's skincare presentation but as usual the quality of her connection isn't good, with digital artifacts making it unpleasant to listen to.

So, who else hasn't come back to the studio yet? Does it annoy you when they don't appear in the studio?
Keeley has arrived in London for first time since pandemic started so I assume she will be in studio for TSV day.

There are lots of reasons some still won't be in studio. If they are only doing one item in a mixed hour then why waste time travelling in etc......

I very much respect BA choice in their appearances at Chiswick many factors may affect that due to home, health and travel in their studio presence.
Plus it maybe that QVC don’t actually want per hour/day that many guests arriving and being in the building.
I do understand both the buying teams at London and the call centre staff at Knowsley may still be working remotely.

Keeley has arrived in London for first time since pandemic started so I assume she will be in studio for TSV day.

There are lots of reasons some still won't be in studio. If they are only doing one item in a mixed hour then why waste time travelling in etc......
Appearing via poor quality video is no substitute for being there in person. What would they have done before Zoom?

This week I’ve learnt of someone my hubby knows her primary school child has tested positive and is unwell making the twenty second child with Covid at the moment from the same class.
So any brand ambassador who doesn’t want to appear in the studio and choosing video is fine by me.

I don’t work from home so have not been subjected to zoom calls etc.

However on Wednesday having experienced a 4 hour (should only have been 3.5] course via zoom it amazes me that employers are so keen to have staff working remotely. This course has been presented many times yet it took 25 minutes to get the thing up and running and then it was all over the place not helped by poor speakers. If this is typical of remote it’s totally inefficient in comparison to just getting on with work.

Prerecorded training where you can go back if you didn’t quite catch it or a live person who you can tackle afterwards is much better. I’ll fully retire rather than embrace it!

Appearing via poor quality video is no substitute for being there in person. What would they have done before Zoom?
That’s kind if irrelevant to the discussion really though isn't it - as Zoom / Teams / Skype are very much here.

For me, if people accessing things remotely via these platforms means it not only contributes even in a small way to keeping the covid numbers down, but also helps reduce the carbon footprint by cutting down on people travelling as much then its a positive thing.

Lots of pluses to having guests on video link. With Mally, when she gets too excitable, a mute button as one example!
If the cost of guests flying in is factored into the cost of the products it comes out of our pockets, ultimately.
Some guests, like Gill Gauntlet, they have made great efforts at being as professional as possible and in some cases what she has was done better than the studio. Although now we never see her at all, it seems.
Q had always had far too many guests in the studio as far as I am concerned. Other selly telly channels manage perfectly well with few, if any, guests... indeed so did Q in the early days.
It seems to make the presenter in the studio act more professionally too.

Back in the day there were hardly any BA's, the presenters had to work their socks off on their own in presenting a product.

I confess I'm not a fan of Zoom either, sound syncing, lost connections, out of focus screens can be a joke sometimes. Yes we put a man on the moon 60 years ago with the technology that wouldn't fire up a toaster today, yet we can't link up with someone half a mile away ! Its the same with news channels, everyone is being spoken to on a screen whether they're next door or Australia. My own attempts at a Zoom call with old schoolfriends in Kent, is pretty rubbish, all trying to speak at once, so most of us sit there saying nothing.

Agree that there are far too many people presenting each programme. At least on their own they couldn’t scream over each other and had to work for their money. If you didn’t like the presenter you could switch them off but now in order to get a decent presenter and a BA who doesn’t annoy the hell out of me is nigh impossible.

Latest posts

Back