Charlie Brook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think he's guaranteed a job at QVC for that very reason - he stuffs his face with anything and everything so he can always be relied on to sell food.

He said he's been engaged for 17 years! I was engaged for 13, but no kids, and we separated; I wouldn't get married. I know Julia has been with Chris for years, without marrying but, if you have children, I think their parents ought to be wed. Wonder if his OH wants marriage?

He also said he and his partner do not drink at all so are boring hosts and friends have to bring their own booze. He then said she is very partial to mulled wine!!! So she DOES drink then, Charlie.

Oh, unless it is alcohol free wine (can you mull that??) in which case I withdraw this observation!!!!

He also said he and his partner do not drink at all so are boring hosts and friends have to bring their own booze. He then said she is very partial to mulled wine!!! So she DOES drink then, Charlie.

Oh, unless it is alcohol free wine (can you mull that??) in which case I withdraw this observation!!!!

That's really weird, unless you had some moral or religious objections to drink why not just buy it for your guests and not drink yourself? However if you are so anti-drink would you want anybody to drink in your home anyway? Maybe they are just a bit tight. I don't really drink but would buy wine as a gift for someone who likes it. I also find it a bit odd that Charlie makes a point of saying he has never tasted champagne etc because it comes across as making an issue over something that's not an issue.

There are alcohol free mulled wine style drinks so maybe that's what he drinks or maybe he just overheats the normal stuff so the alcohol boils off.

Another observation - I wonder why at least 2 (JF and CB) out of the 22 or so presenters keep saying they don't drink alcohol??? Is there a Pledge?

He said he's been engaged for 17 years! I was engaged for 13, but no kids, and we separated; I wouldn't get married. I know Julia has been with Chris for years, without marrying but, if you have children, I think their parents ought to be wed. Wonder if his OH wants marriage?

Please don't take this as any sort of judgment on anyone but I am always amazed that people find it very easy to commit to having children with someone but will not have the same commitment to marrying that same person, after all the father of the child remains for life.

Also when people are already living together and say they can't afford to get married what they really mean is that they can't afford an expensive "do" and exotic honeymoon - these are not the same thing and personally I wish they would distinguish between the two. If people wish not to marry that is fine but why after 20 years do they keep on about not being asked (Julia).

In my day there was no living together and if I was young now I would not live with anyone at all on a permanent basis, just visit so to speak LOL

Also calling an 55 year old your boyfriend/girlfriend seems funny to me.

Last edited:
I agree about the 'wedding' thing. Ours cost £97.50 for the registry costs etc and we had people back to ours after for cake and champers (only 6 guests!) but it was a marriage ceremony, not a wedding for everyone else. My sisters have both had proper weddings and they were far less intimate and emotional than ours. Each to their own and if you want a big wedding then that is your choice. However, as you say, using cost as an excuse is pure nonsense.

I wouldn't still be with someone after all those years if I (obviously) wanted marriage and they didn't. Seems odd to me.

And yes, people think nothing about having children (as is becoming more and more evident these days) which is the biggest commitment ever, and then shy away from marriage!

If I had my time over again I would like to do it the old fashioned way. I lived with all my serious (adult) bf's. I wouldn't do it again!

Please don't take this as any sort of judgment on anyone but I am always amazed that people find it very easy to commit to having children with someone but will not have the same commitment to marrying that same person, after all the father of the child remains for life.

Also when people are already living together and say they can't afford to get married what they really mean is that they can't afford an expensive "do" and exotic honeymoon - these are not the same thing and personally I wish they would distinguish between the two. If people wish not to marry that is fine but why after 20 years do they keep on about not being asked (Julia).

In my day there was no living together and if I was young now I would not live with anyone at all.

Also calling an 55 year old your boyfriend/girlfriend seems funny to me.

I suppose it could be argued that by having children together a couple have made a more serious commitment than they would getting married because, as you say, being a parent lasts for life.

I agree with what you say about not being able to afford to get married, it doesn't have to cost a lot if you don't want it too.

I also agree about boyfriend and girlfriend and also partner which sounds like you are in business together.

Another observation - I wonder why at least 2 (JF and CB) out of the 22 or so presenters keep saying they don't drink alcohol??? Is there a Pledge?

Oh, you could be onto something there! Maybe it is part of the corporate ethos, lol. I remember when I had to stay in a Marriott hotel a lot for work they never filled the mini bar unless you specifically ordered it as the founding family were teetotal, or some such saga. So I just brought my own booze in......

PS to all that - Charlie Brook on the Kitchenaid hour was a model of good behaviour and hardly scoffed anything - well except for stuffing a whole doughnut into his mouth once he was, anyway. Do you think he reads this forum?

PS to all that - Charlie Brook on the Kitchenaid hour was a model of good behaviour and hardly scoffed anything - well except for stuffing a whole doughnut into his mouth once he was, anyway. Do you think he reads this forum?

Well we are Qvc's favourite forum aren't we lol , Not a Charlie fan but prefer him to Craig.

Were we watching the same hour? He never stopped eating!

000what does irk rather with Charlie, is when he says "In the BROOKS household".... Well, as he and his partner are not married, and she is still using her own name, it is not technically "the brooks household". I know it may be considered rather a petty niggle, but I'd be reminding him of this, if I was her.

so what :mysmilie_51:

Were we watching the same hour? He never stopped eating!

I watched the first bit of the programme then the rest on repeat after I'd posted, and he was much better in the first half than in the other bit I watched later when he stuffed his face again. For crying out loud, QVC, give the man enough to live on so he doesn't have to stuff himself to the unprintable on air!
:mysmilie_5:

No chance of food now as he is on with the bonkers camouflage sisters. He will need some sugar to recover after an hour with them. The short haired one is completely off script as the other one and CB try to keep the show flowing. Perhaps she is the inspiration for the new total interruption mode of some of the presenters, lol.

I like the look of this stuff but all the packing, unpacking and repacking whilst burbling on wears me out so I lose track.

Was just thinking the exact same Mazza, those two are mental!!! I'm so confused trying to listen to them, it's an absolute shambles! One of them keeps calling the patterns the wrong name etc. the one with the short hair in red is just waffling, it's all very 'hectic' and crinkly lol!

I forgot to record them. They're so unbelievably dreadful that they're totally fascinating.

I think I can allow Mr Brook one extra cupcake after that hour. Off air, of course. Or a bottle of wine (I know he doesn't drink but those two would probably drive anyone to it).

Latest posts

Back