Christmas Kitchen TSV 04/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Folding Island The Entertainer Kitchen Trolley with Butchers Block Style Top
Item Number: 804515
QVC Price £189.00
Today's Special Value Price £154.92
P&P £10.95

The ultimate accessory for any consummate party host or keen chef, this hardwood multi-purpose work surface features storage space for wine bottles, glasses, towels, or anything else you can imagine you might need to hand. Designed to make your life easier, the Folding Island's four locking caster wheels allow you to move dishes, cocktails or snacks between rooms and provides you with an extra surface to serve from, then when the party's over you can tuck it neatly into a corner to use for extra storage.

No assembly required - the Folding Island comes fully assembled, so it's ready to use as soon as you open the box.

Stylish design - in a choice of three wood finishes, Black Mocha, Natural, and Oak, there is a colour to suit every home.

Butcher's block - use the Island as a BBQ aid in the fine weather, the hardwood parquet butcher block top is sturdy as well as stylish.

As many uses as you can think of - from a computer desk to a crafting or laundry station, this handy island can be used for just about anything you can dream up.

Stemware holder holds up to nine glasses
Built-in shelf holds up to six wine bottles
Made from solid wood
Precision hinges to open and close in seconds
Use mild detergent to wipe clean, and wipe dry with clean cloth. Do not use abrasive chemicals and corrosive pads
Island (h x w x d): 91.4cm x 60.5cm x 58.5cm (36" x 23.8" x 23")
Folded height: 14.5cm (5.7")

Colour options:

Black Mocha
Natural
Oak

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804515

easy pays will kick in later

Just watching the TSV trailer with Jill F and Simon (think that's his name) and I get the impression JF thinks this is a piece of excerise equipment the way she is watching him fold and unfold it:mysmilie_17:

They had the previous version of this on QVC one afternoon a few weeks ago (around £190 inc P&P as I remember). The difference was the towel rail thing along one edge of the top was steel, not wood, and the middle shelf was plain, like the bottom one, not a bottle rack. It was available in the oak or mocha colours.

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 00.27.13.jpg

I liked it but not so much the price so had a look around and got one, brand new, on eBay for £75. They've still got a few (there were loads until recently) - search on eBay or Amazon actually for "folding kitchen Island" or "Oasis Concepts".

A lot of money for a piece of furniture that takes up more room than it holds. I think it would get in the way in my kitchen, and haven't any spare wall space to accommodate it. It would however be ok as an addition to the dining table, instead of the hostess continually going to the kitchen, this gadget could be useful for putting extra dishes on.

did not like the look of this but when i saw it as a desk with a laptop on and books underneath i am thinking it would be useful. then you could use it for any room in the house and the garden when eating out. also like the fact its sturdy. i hate cheap furniture that starts to wobble a few months after purchase

I just switched the tv on to see the tsv....why on earth did they put JF in the kitchen, you can't hear what Simon is saying for Jill talking over him...:mysmilie_10:

Folding Island Kitchen Trolley TSV 4/12/15.... how much?????

I have an Ikea Bekvam trolley, which, apart from the fact that it doesn't fold - looks very, very similar to this TSV. It is extremely sturdy..... and cost me just £35!!!!!

Come on QVC, your postage charge is one third of the cost of the whole of my kitchen trolley!!!!!!!

Q has been selling this for a while and i had thought about buying it,but is this the same model ? Dont know if its my eyesight but it doesn't look as sturdy as the previous ones,at least in the picture.

Need to watch a live demo.

It is the folding aspect which puts a lot on the price. Simon keeps saying that most people end up keeping it up all the time - if so then you don't need to pay the premium.

TBH, apart from Frenchies IKEA one these sort of things are expensive if you want a decent one, but not possibly Q price although I have seen this one at a very similar price.

Q has been selling this for a while and i had thought about buying it,but is this the same model ? Dont know if its my eyesight but it doesn't look as sturdy as the previous ones,at least in the picture.

Need to watch a live demo.

As I posted in the Christmas TSV thread, one difference was the towel rail thing along one edge of the top which was steel, not wood as it is now, and the middle shelf was plain, like the bottom one, and not a bottle rack. It was available in the oak or mocha colours.

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 00.27.13.jpg

As I also pointed out, that model has been available on eBay for £70-£80 - I bought one from a seller in Essex - excellent. They had lots on eBay a few weeks ago but sadly not so many available now. I wouldn't pay the TSV price and actually prefer the one I got without the wine rack shelf.

Personally, I don't get the appeal of a wine rack... you're storing wine in daylight, which you're not supposed to do.

Latest posts

Back