Christmas TSV 16/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The 16th August is an odd date for a Christmas preview. 🤔

I guess that means that they’ll be ramming Christmas down our throats on a regular basis once their Christmas in July “event” is over.

QVC used to be a Santa's Grotto of exciting goodies (if you like Christmas). Dexter's demos, Mr Christmas, the music boxes, Thomas Pacconi baubles, Mickey's marching band. Those were the days.

Over the past few years I've returned many things that didn't work, were damaged or poor value. QVC seem to roll out the same things from the previous year (that obviously haven't sold) so I go elsewhere now for my Christmas items.

CC

QVC used to be a Santa's Grotto of exciting goodies (if you like Christmas). Dexter's demos, Mr Christmas, the music boxes, Thomas Pacconi baubles, Mickey's marching band. Those were the days.

Over the past few years I've returned many things that didn't work, were damaged or poor value. QVC seem to roll out the same things from the previous year (that obviously haven't sold) so I go elsewhere now for my Christmas items.

CC
Xmas monkey?🤪😝😬

I saw my first non QVC christmas advert this morning. It was for that Christmas tree company, the one showing the woman twirling the tree upside down..

I hate to say it but I`ve almost finished my Christmas shopping but I have my reasons for it. I need surgery and with the NHS as it is and how operations are being cancelled daily and list are growing ever longer because of covid I know it will possibly be months before I`m dealt with. It`s an unknown quantity for now and after my op I will be out of action for a while.
If /when it happens turns out to be later in the year then shopping will be out of the question and even thinking about what to buy people will be the last thing on my mind. I`ll even go in for surgery over the Christmas itself if I`m offered a date and will jump at any cancellation slot offered to me.
Anyway I struck lucky with many website sales, good discounts and special offers. The job is almost done and that`ll be me stress free when everybody else is just starting to think about it.

I bought a couple of L'Occitane Almond TSV's and Will buy some more MB as and when I see deals and have Yankee candles so totally sorted for Christmas...I buy all my wrapping paper and cards in the sales after Christmas so sorted with that also.

Attachments

• Alison Cork TSV 1.jpg
    Alison Cork TSV 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Alison Cork TSV 2.jpg
    Alison Cork TSV 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Alison Cork TSV 3.jpg
    Alison Cork TSV 3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Alison Cork TSV 4.jpg
    Alison Cork TSV 4.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Alison Cork TSV 5.jpg
    Alison Cork TSV 5.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 134
I'm sure these have been on before. Not for me though. No more candle clutter and I can't even tell you the last time I bought a votive/tart/holders or anything remotely related. Yep, I'm a smug git lol.

CC

Hardly a new item. Unless I’m mistaken they, or something very similar, have been on before. Maybe they’re trying to clear the warehouse again.
I'm sure these have been on before. Not for me though. No more candle clutter and I can't even tell you the last time I bought a votive/tart/holders or anything remotely related. Yep, I'm a smug git lol.

CC
there has been a a set similar but have sold out time & time again with new colours only recently added & these are new designs & colours for this tsv (previous ones are in the pic below)

Attachments

• dsfdsfdfs.jpg
    dsfdsfdfs.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 69

CC
Me too, and I used to have a whole cupboard and drawers full of candles and candle paraphenalia. I stick to disposables now, and I have a lot less of them. This sort of thing can be picked up at stores like The Range really cheaply, and the only difference would be is that the box wouldn't have some "designer's name" on it, and lets face it - Who cares?! I reckon most of us have only heard of these names 'cause we watch Q. Just the other day I was in the Range with some friends and I spotted a set of three tea light holders, they were made from really pretty coloured ridged glass and were really weighty -Price - £7.99 and they certainly wouldn't have looked out of place on the set of QVC. The only difference would have been the price and I'm pretty sure that you'd be paying well over £30 for them once p&p was added!
1628927069700.png
That's one of them, the other ones were pink and a smokey grey...but £7.99 for all three!

Latest posts

Back