Chuntley the dim.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You have her sussed with the high maintenance thing...she totally fancies herself there

Yes, but there's high maintenance, and then there's actually LOOKING high maintenance, like the Angelina Jolie's of this world. Sadly Franks is way down the scale, and more like Primark high maintenance.

Chuntley the rude as well. As I've written many times I only watch recorded hours when I like the products & I've had some good tops from Issac Mizrahi so had a look. The one I wanted came in seven colours, including black, blue & white so only four others to work out, she messed that up - living up to the dim part but then she did her usual & bought something she'd seen earlier. Old Glen's doing his usual spiel, I did think her responses were a little perfunctory & then she says: "I have ordered my jumper, I'm so pleased". She tries to turn it round as an advice thing about getting the right screen & stuff only remaining in baskets for 30 minutes. He asks her if she got it in coral & she simpers "Both, I was a bit naughty". It's so rude, I've sent umpteen emails without anything happening so I rang up & complained. I'm now going to send the dim, rude woman a card telling her that I've complained about her awful presentations & unprofessional approach. Glad that's off my chest.

I've always found that 'old Glen' states the 'bleedin' obvious when giving his spiel, - where it can be worn and what with, that any old happy dafty could do his job. Chuntley is so in love with herself with her sodding hair flicking and preening at the monitor, that its beyond a joke. Glad that's off my chesticles too !!

To me, the constant reference to the lack lustre offer of vouchers, if you spend a certain amount of money, wreaks of desperation. I sometimes wonder if QVC are losing the plot when you compare them to other places that offer free next day delivery and/or free P&P. Even Ideal World had free P&P over the Bank Holiday weekend.

I no longer buy that much from QVC now, although I sometimes watch presentations of something in which I'm interested. I then go off to other online sites and 9 times out of 10 can find the item at a cheaper price.

Also the fact that quite a few of the presenters grate on me, because of their pushy sales techniques, childish behaviour or "twee wee" voices, means that I'm saving money because I can't watch them.

The money off is a joke £10 off £100 & how much have you spent in p&p? Then (if I am right?) the money is off the next order.OH can’t wait to get shopping—- but not on QVC.

Chuntley the rude as well. As I've written many times I only watch recorded hours when I like the products & I've had some good tops from Issac Mizrahi so had a look. The one I wanted came in seven colours, including black, blue & white so only four others to work out, she messed that up - living up to the dim part but then she did her usual & bought something she'd seen earlier. Old Glen's doing his usual spiel, I did think her responses were a little perfunctory & then she says: "I have ordered my jumper, I'm so pleased". She tries to turn it round as an advice thing about getting the right screen & stuff only remaining in baskets for 30 minutes. He asks her if she got it in coral & she simpers "Both, I was a bit naughty". It's so rude, I've sent umpteen emails without anything happening so I rang up & complained. I'm now going to send the dim, rude woman a card telling her that I've complained about her awful presentations & unprofessional approach. Glad that's off my chest.

Kick ass twilight!:mysmilie_8:
- don't mess wit da Brummies...:mysmilie_17:

Actually there is a double whammy with the vouchers. As far as I know not only do you have to spend x amount, the voucher is redeemable against ANOTHER order within a specified time but the killer is that the voucher spend also has a minimum spend so no searching for the cheapest tat to use up your freebie. Ie to use £10 voucher you need to spend at least £30.

Actually there is a double whammy with the vouchers. As far as I know not only do you have to spend x amount, the voucher is redeemable against ANOTHER order within a specified time but the killer is that the voucher spend also has a minimum spend so no searching for the cheapest tat to use up your freebie. Ie to use £10 voucher you need to spend at least £30.

So it's actually in the customers best interest not to spend too much, incase said customer hasn't got the money to redeem the voucher in two weeks, that's QVC for you though, they make it extremely hard for you to get anything out of them, they're that tight they squeak round the QVC building.

The money off is a joke £10 off £100 & how much have you spent in p&p? Then (if I am right?) the money is off the next order.OH can’t wait to get shopping—- but not on QVC.

Chuntley said she wasn't going to apologise for talking about this wonderful promotion today & then explained everything in great detail including the fact that the p&p counted towards the amount spent. Old Glen just wanted to get on with describing the top, the arms of which he was folding & flapping around.

Ms Huntley needs to change the record. We are not all gullible fools. We are not a 19th century stereotype of women either.

She is a woman who has clearly done her fair share of raising her children on her own; who has rolled up her sleeves and got stuck in on renovating her own home; who has produced and acted in a play on the West end...She isn't that character either. Fair play to her... And I hope that's the version of her she shows her daughter.

She demeans herself and other women with this act, and I definitely think it's an act. QVC Catherine Huntley is not how she portrays herself in real life, I'll bet! Surely she could have a tv persona that is less insulting and inauthentic? I get that she may not want to be 100% as she is in real life but she could find some middle ground that doesn't have us reaching for a sick bag, throwing things at the screen, or grinding our teeth!

Ms Huntley needs to change the record. We are not all gullible fools. We are not a 19th century stereotype of women either.

She is a woman who has clearly done her fair share of raising her children on her own; who has rolled up her sleeves and got stuck in on renovating her own home; who has produced and acted in a play on the West end...She isn't that character either. Fair play to her... And I hope that's the version of her she shows her daughter.

She demeans herself and other women with this act, and I definitely think it's an act. QVC Catherine Huntley is not how she portrays herself in real life, I'll bet! Surely she could have a tv persona that is less insulting and inauthentic? I get that she may not want to be 100% as she is in real life but she could find some middle ground that doesn't have us reaching for a sick bag, throwing things at the screen, or grinding our teeth!

I would take the “house builder” and “actress” roles with a colossal pinch of salt. A hard hat does not a builder make.

She makes me ashamed to be a female. 20 years ago she would have been a prime candidate for the likes of Love Island, all swishy hair and selfies and pretty little me and my unicorn.

PRODUCED AND ACTED in a West End play ???? eh ???? what was it, a production at playgroup in the west end ??? Clearly didn't succeed then, or she would have carried on as she loves the limelight and compliments so much, - perhaps she produced the ice creams at the interval and acted her way down the aisle !

It was 'The Memory of Water', a comedy about a funeral & she did it nearly five years ago. I know this fascinating fact because a neighbour, who won't hear a bad word about the Q, left work early AND took the next day as leave so she could see it. She loves all the sales staff especially JR, she sent her a Get Well card when she had a fall on holiday. She's a really nice person but I ask you...

It was 'The Memory of Water', a comedy about a funeral & she did it nearly five years ago. I know this fascinating fact because a neighbour, who won't hear a bad word about the Q, left work early AND took the next day as leave so she could see it. She loves all the sales staff especially JR, she sent her a Get Well card when she had a fall on holiday. She's a really nice person but I ask you...

Whaaaaaaat.....as in WTAF?

Coughs loudly. Some years back BBC 2 did a three-part documentary about women who worked as pole dancers the clubs that ran the business and the customers. One episode the female owner of one club mentioned one ex-dancer who now appeared on a very well known shopping telly station. Some of us watched the forum had a little frenzy people questing who it was. Some thought it must be a model. But, the woman clearly stated this ex-dancer made her laugh each she saw her selling products. Which pointed to a presenter not a model at that point in time CHuntley was the newest only on the air a few years. Allegedly :thinking: Of course.

Coughs loudly. Some years back BBC 2 did a three-part documentary about women who worked as pole dancers the clubs that ran the business and the customers. One episode the female owner of one club mentioned one ex-dancer who now appeared on a very well known shopping telly station. Some of us watched the forum had a little frenzy people questing who it was. Some thought it must be a model. But, the woman clearly stated this ex-dancer made her laugh each she saw her selling products. Which pointed to a presenter not a model at that point in time CHuntley was the newest only on the air a few years. Allegedly :thinking: Of course.

I can honestly believe it, with her leg flashing, boob showing choice of clothes, she still likes to flash 'em, you can take the woman out the pole dancing..........

Selling...so could also have been a guest then? Or someone on Ideal World?

Latest posts

Back