Chunts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only have a 1 tog duvet all winter. Inside a velvet soft Cozee Home duvet cover it’s more than warm enough for me. 😅

In summer, I ditch the duvet and just use a duvet cover and the fan is on all night.

Can you guess that I don’t like being too warm? 😉
Same here Toril worse than being cold. At least I can snuggle up to hubby if,a big if I get cold .

He co founded this charity:

Out of the Dark is a charitable social enterprise that recycles, restores and revamps salvaged furniture as a means to train, educate and employ young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.

My Dad founded a Sporting Youth Club in the 60's in his spare time from working night shift down a coal mine. Those that attended back then still speak of him today and how he changed their lives. Sadly, compared to today's recipients, he received nothing.

Jan Moir in today's D/Mail couldn't understand why Mel B had been awarded an MBE either. Seems like just attach yourself to a charity and its a done deal.

We have for a large part of the winter a 4.5 tog too, but can just manage a 7.5 tog for really cold nights. Mind you the duvet is on, off, on, off, on, off all night long. I also have a fan going all night in the summer. I've a 3 tog for summer and am thinking of getting a 2tog as well. Men don't know how good they have it!

In previous generations double glazing was unheard of, so perhaps now with good insulation we ARE too hot anyway, and a duvet of any weight exacerbates the problem. My Mum also bled a lot, and had sweats but not overly so, - perhaps the colder homes back then helped.

The thing people do not seem to get about the honours' system. People can write in and nominate people, they are not picked by the Queen or government now. Well Bojo can put forward his mates of course as has been seen. Give enough money, and they will push you forward for one.

So people watch The Repair Shop like Jay and see his charity thing and write in to get him an honour. Simple

The thing people do not seem to get about the honours' system. People can write in and nominate people, they are not picked by the Queen or government now. Well Bojo can put forward his mates of course as has been seen. Give enough money, and they will push you forward for one.

So people watch The Repair Shop like Jay and see his charity thing and write in to get him an honour. Simple
Every time honours are announced the same complaints surface that it’s only well know people who are recipients. However as you say anyone can nominate someone. So if there’s somebody deserving then people should get nominating.
https://www.gov.uk/honours

A friend's sister's husband was put forward. He was a council worker, and he was awarded one, not sure which one. His name was put forward by people he helped in his job. He was coming up to retirement age by then so worked over 25 years at the council.

But, it cost them a lot of money to go and even get it.

So you pay for the paper or velum certificate you get. The latter one costs thousands, the paper one hundred or so. You get pushed to actually get the certificate instead of just the medal.

You pay for your own stay in a hotel to go over to the ceremony and of course suitable outfits.

The garden party is free, a few sandwiches and tea.

I would need a ****** medal if I worked for QVC,surely someone has put 2 sizes to small,delboy,and chunts up for one of these honours,for services to vanity/preening and pushy pushy hard sell(check out your basket)plus services to the 30 minutes book writing club.😂

Every time honours are announced the same complaints surface that it’s only well know people who are recipients. However as you say anyone can nominate someone. So if there’s somebody deserving then people should get nominating.
https://www.gov.uk/honours
Sadly 60 years ago it wasn't that easy - it was another age, and few people even had a telephone !! so it was letter writing or nothing, if you knew who to write to ! I mean, there was no internet, and probably the local Library might have been the only place to get the information. Its easy to forget we're in an age of information overload !

Nowadays my dog could get an award if I nominated her - perhaps I should ! we'll soon get to the point where it will be a novelty if you DON'T have initials after your name.

I got this email from QVC.

We are looking for some of our brilliant Loungers to take part in a new, exclusive panel to discuss all things related to the menopause.

If you’re perimenopausal and just starting to understand these new life changes, experiencing those (often intense) menopausal symptoms, or you’re postmenopausal and have plenty of wisdom to share with us, we’d love for you to join our Lounge panel to talk openly about your experiences.

Why join our menopause panel? You will get a first look at some new shows, content and products, which we will ask for your feedback and input on along the way. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a QVC all expenses paid photo shoot with presenters and models for the day, getting the true QVC star experience.

This is also a really exciting and meaningful opportunity to help us create a supportive, engaging campaign. As well as influencing key decisions made here at QVC, there will be opportunities to win QVC vouchers along the way.
Looks like Q are jumping aboard the menopause 'thing'. WhY am I not surprised? (see also LBGTQwerty badges, 'new presenters' etc)

My Dad founded a Sporting Youth Club in the 60's in his spare time from working night shift down a coal mine. Those that attended back then still speak of him today and how he changed their lives. Sadly, compared to today's recipients, he received nothing.

Jan Moir in today's D/Mail couldn't understand why Mel B had been awarded an MBE either. Seems like just attach yourself to a charity and its a done deal.
Mel B????Eh? Wtf? Domestic violence campaign?

Latest posts

Back