Chunts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sooo agree. I've become aware that I'm less tolerant and easily pissed off as I've gotten older. Its not just QVC presenters that irritate the hell out of me, but also preachy slebs ie Davina McCall - the only woman to have experienced the menopause. Nobody told her that Andrea McLean got there before her !

The Honours system got my back up today. I see Jay Blades the host of Repair Shop and whose only contribution is shaking the contributors hands, got an MBE for "services to heritage craft" from the Palace today. I immediately went into Mrs Meldrew mode, and wondered why ? apart from raising his profile on the programme, he only ever painted chair legs a different colour !!!! To my mind those very skilled artisan repair people are the ones worthy of publicity and any honour going, certainly not him ! I'm starting a petition for the gorgeous Will to get more recognition !!!!

Rant over
He co founded this charity:

Out of the Dark is a charitable social enterprise that recycles, restores and revamps salvaged furniture as a means to train, educate and employ young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.

Amen to that ! endless magazines articles on how to 'beat' the change of life - eat healthily through the menopause - what exercises help you through the menopause etc etc on and on it goes. Every celebrity who wants to up their profile just writes a book on 'my journey' through the menopause.

God on a bike this generation have got every pill available including vitamins to take, have access to the healthiest lifestyle ever, there is every food range available for every allergy or preferred choice going in the supermarkets, and yet they still bang on about this body change that every woman since we were created have to go through !!!
Maybe I’ve been lucky but monthly periods were far worse than this.

The worse part is the joints and that might not be purely menopausal anyway.

I sailed through the menopause but the perimenopause was tough that kicked off migraines just like my mum. They say daughters follow their mother’s experience and I watched her bedridden by the smell of kippers which I had to give up too, and salmon. Physically nothing has changed but the migraines remain. Don’t miss the drenching sweats, mine were not ladylike flashes, but I think I got off lightly overall.

Because I had a dodgy thyroid, I sailed through mine. But now I have osteoporosis, which was pointed out to me no doubt because I was not give HRT. But I was angry a lot, then again I am still angry a lot.

My mum had what was called the Big Operation in her early 40s, so never went through the menopause. Back in the day you had heavy periods, they whipped your womb out. I have a vague memory when I was very young of a nurse coming out and giving my mum injections Vit D, I think?

Because I had a dodgy thyroid, I sailed through mine. But now I have osteoporosis, which was pointed out to me no doubt because I was not give HRT. But I was angry a lot, then again I am still angry a lot.

My mum had what was called the Big Operation in her early 40s, so never went through the menopause. Back in the day you had heavy periods, they whipped your womb out. I have a vague memory when I was very young of a nurse coming out and giving my mum injections Vit D, I think?
I still get hot but I have probably been like it always. My dad used to say the walls could be covered in frost and I would still complain it was hot.🤣🤣
I was advised not to have HRT as I suffered from migraines for years and my GP said as it was due to hormones I would still get them. I used to get them at least once a month and quite often twice a month from 14 years until my mid forties when my periods just stopped.

I’m really lucky because I sailed through mine with no problems at all. I didn’t want to go on HRT and fortunately my consultant informed me that my bone density is good when I had my knee replacement 7 years ago. To be honest, I’d never given it a second thought anyway. I guess my love of cheese must have been been a good source of calcium over the years, which is odd because I can’t stand milk and haven’t drunk it or had it in hot drinks since I was in primary school 😳 .

Did you know that “TG Will” and Christina Trevanion (Mr L’s crush!) are doing a new show together?
How did I miss that?! Hope it’s good.
I don’t follow much about the presenters self promotion but I saw chunts looking exceeding frumpy the other day but quite nice yesterday, doing quacker with patrick. Her image seems to vary more than most.

I've had hot, and I mean hot, flushes now for 9 flipping years. I think that's my one symptom, although my oh would probably beg to differ 😅. Fed up of them and wondering whether to try hrt or not. I've not slept well for years, and I get them during the day too.

The best day of my life was suddenly aware that I did not have periods anymore. Thank god in my instance for the menopause.
Yes, I to put it politely, bled like a stuck pig for the first 3 days of my periods. Superplus Tampax and pads, I used to have to use the disabled toilets when out as it looked like a murder site. Sorry TMI.

A few years ago, it was discovered I had fibroids, so no doubt that was the cause. Strangely, I never really had much pain every month.

I sooo agree. I've become aware that I'm less tolerant and easily pissed off as I've gotten older. Its not just QVC presenters that irritate the hell out of me, but also preachy slebs ie Davina McCall - the only woman to have experienced the menopause. Nobody told her that Andrea McLean got there before her !

The Honours system got my back up today. I see Jay Blades the host of Repair Shop and whose only contribution is shaking the contributors hands, got an MBE for "services to heritage craft" from the Palace today. I immediately went into Mrs Meldrew mode, and wondered why ? apart from raising his profile on the programme, he only ever painted chair legs a different colour !!!! To my mind those very skilled artisan repair people are the ones worthy of publicity and any honour going, certainly not him ! I'm starting a petition for the gorgeous Will to get more recognition !!!!

Rant over
Or the elder version of Will - gorgeous Steve who mends clocks and generally works wonders with tiny bits of metal. What is it about a clever but humble man that makes him attractive ?

Last edited:
The best day of my life was suddenly aware that I did not have periods anymore. Thank god in my instance for the menopause.
Me too. My mum had a terrible time and I assumed I would too, but mine was over and done with by the time I was 49, hardly a symptom. My sister started hers at 52 and had a bad time for a few years. It’s pot luck.

I've had hot, and I mean hot, flushes now for 9 flipping years. I think that's my one symptom, although my oh would probably beg to differ 😅. Fed up of them and wondering whether to try hrt or not. I've not slept well for years, and I get them during the day too.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I went through it in 1997 and I still get hot flushes but not so bad this last 5 years but for 20 years they were pretty bad. Pretty lucky otherwise (Mr L would say I had mood swings ) HRT wasn’t an option offered to me as I think it was really only being give to a few people then who had very bad periods.

I got this email from QVC.

We are looking for some of our brilliant Loungers to take part in a new, exclusive panel to discuss all things related to the menopause.

If you’re perimenopausal and just starting to understand these new life changes, experiencing those (often intense) menopausal symptoms, or you’re postmenopausal and have plenty of wisdom to share with us, we’d love for you to join our Lounge panel to talk openly about your experiences.

Why join our menopause panel? You will get a first look at some new shows, content and products, which we will ask for your feedback and input on along the way. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a QVC all expenses paid photo shoot with presenters and models for the day, getting the true QVC star experience.

This is also a really exciting and meaningful opportunity to help us create a supportive, engaging campaign. As well as influencing key decisions made here at QVC, there will be opportunities to win QVC vouchers along the way.

I still get them occasionally and it must be nearly 30 years since my periods stopped. We have a 4 tog quilt on in the winter and I often sleep on top of the bed. Next week the quilt comes off and we just have a sheet and bedspread.

I still get them occasionally and it must be nearly 30 years since my periods stopped. We have a 4 tog quilt on in the winter and I often sleep on top of the bed. Next week the quilt comes off and we just have a sheet and bedspread.
We have for a large part of the winter a 4.5 tog too, but can just manage a 7.5 tog for really cold nights. Mind you the duvet is on, off, on, off, on, off all night long. I also have a fan going all night in the summer. I've a 3 tog for summer and am thinking of getting a 2tog as well. Men don't know how good they have it!

We have for a large part of the winter a 4.5 tog too, but can just manage a 7.5 tog for really cold nights. Mind you the duvet is on, off, on, off, on, off all night long. I also have a fan going all night in the summer. I've a 3 tog for summer and am thinking of getting a 2tog as well. Men don't know how good they have it!
I might get a 2 Tog for next winter. Forgot to add we have the bedroom windows open as well.

I might get a 2 Tog for next winter. Forgot to add we have the bedroom windows open as well.

I only have a 1 tog duvet all winter. Inside a velvet soft Cozee Home duvet cover it’s more than warm enough for me. 😅

In summer, I ditch the duvet and just use a duvet cover and the fan is on all night.

Can you guess that I don’t like being too warm? 😉

Latest posts

Back