Clickfree

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mina

Registered Shopper
I've had and used clickfree computer storage systems in the past without any hassle. A couple of months ago (ie out of date for returning) I ordered another one and yesterday tried to get it working. Firstly the web address they link won't let me download - it mentions Windows 7 but nothing after that, and secondly when I googled clickfree, I did get a link there but Microsoft won't let me open it now I've downloaded it because it's not from the App store. This wasn't mentioned, as far as I can remember, so I now have this bit of software that is useless and stupid me has left it too late to get my money back. Can anyone help? I also read on another site that clickfree has gone out of business, but whether that's true or not, I don't know. If it has, why are they selling it? I thought it was a good price at the time. Maybe too good to be true.

Could you return it if you bought it after the extended Christmas returns dates kicked in? (I can’t remember when that date was though) They were always saying that if an item was a gift that it could be returned by 31st January (I think.)

If it’s not working and is faulty then you should be able to return it with no questions asked. If it were me, I’d ring CS and tell them it doesn’t work.

I've had and used clickfree computer storage systems in the past without any hassle. A couple of months ago (ie out of date for returning) I ordered another one and yesterday tried to get it working. Firstly the web address they link won't let me download - it mentions Windows 7 but nothing after that, and secondly when I googled clickfree, I did get a link there but Microsoft won't let me open it now I've downloaded it because it's not from the App store. This wasn't mentioned, as far as I can remember, so I now have this bit of software that is useless and stupid me has left it too late to get my money back. Can anyone help? I also read on another site that clickfree has gone out of business, but whether that's true or not, I don't know. If it has, why are they selling it? I thought it was a good price at the time. Maybe too good to be true.
If it was bought when it was TSV in November at Black Friday then you are still within 60 days so you can send it back.

Clickfree did go out of business several years ago but obviously someone has restarted it.

If it was bought when it was TSV in November at Black Friday then you are still within 60 days so you can send it back.

Clickfree did go out of business several years ago but obviously someone has restarted it.
Just like Bell and Howell, someone just bought the name when the company ceased, yet QVC always boasts about the long history of B&H, which is compleately DISHONEST IMO. I suspect some of the presenters do not even realise this.

Thank you all. I phoned CS who said I do have till 31st January to return it and since it's not compatible with my computer, back it goes. Why don't they just fess up and say this in the first place rather than annoy customers who have to pay 2 lots of postage for nothing? It's not my fault it's incompatible and Microsoft is surely a big enough chunk of the computer market for this to be mentioned. How can I now trust any of their software to work on my system? :mad: because I can't trust selective information.

Thank you all. I phoned CS who said I do have till 31st January to return it and since it's not compatible with my computer, back it goes. Why don't they just fess up and say this in the first place rather than annoy customers who have to pay 2 lots of postage for nothing? It's not my fault it's incompatible and Microsoft is surely a big enough chunk of the computer market for this to be mentioned. How can I now trust any of their software to work on my system? :mad: because I can't trust selective information.
It won't be all Microsoft that it is incompatible with, just older versions. I think you said it is Windows 7 you have, Microsoft stopped support for that four years ago, or three years ago if you had subscribed to extended security updates. Support for windows 8.1 has ended too. If Microsoft has ended support it is a good indication that some softwares etc....may not work so you need check carefully when you are using a fairly old system.

I didn't actually, no, so thanks for that. That's a good link and more help than anything QVC gave.

But I expect any software I buy to get up and running from the information that comes with it and it's not doing that, so back it goes. It's a shame because earlier versions of clickfree worked well back in the day.

I think you can get your initial postage refunded, I'm sure someone will confirm this.

I bought the Clickfree tsv and it worked brilliantly on Apple products ( I phone and I pad) but took ages on Windows laptop. I had to go to website and download something.
I found it excellent on Apple products and agree that the installation for Windows should have been mentioned on air presentations.
I am lucky because I wanted it to back up photos and they are all on my phone.

I bought the Clickfree tsv and it worked brilliantly on Apple products ( I phone and I pad) but took ages on Windows laptop. I had to go to website and download something.
I found it excellent on Apple products and agree that the installation for Windows should have been mentioned on air presentations.
I am lucky because I wanted it to back up photos and they are all on my phone.

All my gear is Apple and no shock it works better as a generic appliance on apple than MS !!

If MS could totally redesign they would definitely move to linux based OS

I think you can get your initial postage refunded, I'm sure someone will confirm this.
Yes, postage should be returned as it’s technically faulty. They’ll also send a returns label in the post.
You can usually claim back your intitial postage (subject to conditions) but if it is faulty ie itwill not work on your PC and they didn't tell you this, then you can get it returned free (ask for a return label by post) AND get your initial PP back, although you often have to remind them about this.

You can usually claim back your intitial postage (subject to conditions) but if it is faulty ie itwill not work on your PC and they didn't tell you this, then you can get it returned free (ask for a return label by post) AND get your initial PP back, although you often have to remind them about this.
When I rang CS about returning something that was faulty, the woman said she’d send a returns label in the post without my asking. It took a few days to reach me but she apparently flagged it up on my account incase the package arrived back to them after the return date.

I should have added “……if you ring them” to my previous sentence of “They’ll also send a returns label in the post.” 😉

I've got one too. Ive tried to copy the photos from my phone a few times and not got very far. I shall have another go this week otherwise it is going back. I wanted it to work so I can keep all my photos in one place, but think I might just go back to a large memory stick.

My photos are backed up on a Mo Disk, but I also save them all on the phone, the iPad and the MacBook. Hopefully they won’t all fail at the same time.

I bought the original Clickfree years ago for my desk top computer but it’s now full but as I rarely use that computer now that isn’t a problem.

The laptop is backed up on memory stick.

Just like Bell and Howell, someone just bought the name when the company ceased, yet QVC always boasts about the long history of B&H, which is compleately DISHONEST IMO. I suspect some of the presenters do not even realise this.
The ASA found against them in doing that. Lorna, the often B&H product demonstrator regularly uses the ’longevity’ of that company as part of her sales spiel. They stopped for a bit, but I heard them doing it again post ASA contact as I recall.

I keep all my photos on on the Apple and Google storage platforms. I‘ve done so for about ten years. Am I missing something - but why doesn’t everybody use those type of photo storage methods nowadays? It seems so straightforward and secure to me?

Latest posts

Back