Coco Bianco Fashions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
What do we all think of this new range? Personally l really quite like some of the dresses but why Oh why are they all so flipping short? Why cannot any range at QVC offer us something which fall below the knee/mid calf length? I cannot even contemplate wearing a dress or skirt above the knee because of my awful tree trunk legs. It's a shame because some of the prints are lovely, especially the green dress the guest is wearing.

I thought the same thing- after seeing Poirot / Perrier / Periot (?) showing off her flamingo like legs in a shorty frock. Not everyone is blessed with those pins !

I saw this - was going to put a thread if nobody else had started one.

I no likey, I'm afraid.

1. Exclusive to QVC (alarm bells started ringing at that point)
2. Another US polyester range, no doubt sourcing their "exclusive" patterns from the same warehouse as all the rest (honestly, how many US polyester ranges do they need????)
3. Dresses too short unless you like an above the knee dress (the pictures on the website look ridiculous - especially when you think about the QVC demographic)
4. Personally I don't think the prints they've chosen are nice at all. The prize for the most horrid (and ill-fitting) goes to the rose print number.

How Claire Sutton can summon up even the pretence of enthusiasm for a slight variation of the usual theme, I don't know. I can only admire her ability.

Have just had a look at the range - good grief - I see what you mean about the length of the dresses. That would be a no from me, far, far too short.

The guest dress is just below knee, we need to know her height.

Still too short for my liking. Claire keeps twittering on about wearing them with leggings - er not if you have fat legs like me love. The guest has just said she is 5ft 3! Too short QVC, too short!!!!!!

What I find even more bizarre is that American women are usually bigger than us, and proportionally tend to have longer legs for their height - so for most of them the dresses will be above the knee. I'm picturing 1000s upon 1000s of American women of all ages, heights and shapes wearing, essentially, minidresses... I don't think so!!

Just another American label chosen from their shared warehouse, even my pet hate a shark bite hem.Some of the dresses reminded me of Tiana B range.I was hoping for something completely different.

At 5ft 10" most of these offerings would barely cover my bum, let alone some of the hideous patterns which could make us ladies of a certain age resemble a pair of curtains or a gaudy plastic tablecloth !

Clearly QVC does not have its finger on the pulse of fashion, or customer opinion... I know that's stating the bleedin' obvious!

Coco Bianco Fashions

I liked it, but a tad too short for me... 41/42 length would be good. I liked the fashion and the guest.

Any brand with the name 'Fashions' at the end of it, is doomed from the start. It reminds me of being back in the 50's when shops had double fronted windows with a door in the middle (always with a tiled porch floor), and old fashioned (but lovely) glass topped wooden counters with drawers, there were always chairs to sit on at the counter, and the assistant would send payment via a high wire pully system. We had an "Edna's Fashions" where I lived. AND Mum's used to leave their baby's gurgling away in the prams outside the shop !

Any brand with the name 'Fashions' at the end of it, is doomed from the start. It reminds me of being back in the 50's when shops had double fronted windows with a door in the middle (always with a tiled porch floor), and old fashioned (but lovely) glass topped wooden counters with drawers, there were always chairs to sit on at the counter, and the assistant would send payment via a high wire pully system. We had an "Edna's Fashions" where I lived. AND Mum's used to leave their baby's gurgling away in the prams outside the shop !

We had a local shop like that where my first gingham bras were bought. Now we get backache searching for the colour code on rail upon rail. Our dog would always follow us as he hated being left out of the action and would spend the time howling and barking outside the shop, then on our return greet us like we'd been gone forever until we went to the next shop and repeat the whole process all over again. Happy days :mysmilie_48:

The guest introduced herself by saying she doesn`t have a degree but was a dancer and after an accident I think she said had to look for clothes for her changing shape and `googled` the range ..... so is it exclusive to QVC or not ..or did she buy this very ordinary range from the US ? .... How many guests have we been told now ..saw a brand `loved it` and the next thing are representing it on telly!!

The guest introduced herself by saying she doesn`t have a degree but was a dancer and after an accident I think she said had to look for clothes for her changing shape and `googled` the range ..... so is it exclusive to QVC or not ..or did she buy this very ordinary range from the US ? .... How many guests have we been told now ..saw a brand `loved it` and the next thing are representing it on telly!!

Range is a US range, and if you google it, yes it's available elsewhere, but if you google it with UK added, the listings on the first page are all QVCUK listings. It's another case of how you define exclusive. The items being shown on QVCUK are, for now at least, exclusive to UK is how I would interpret it.

The brand ambassador said she'd seen some items by the range (presumably when in US, but who knows?), then googled them. I don't think she's done a Maxine jingle-jangle Becker - who saw the brand and contacted the Bibi sisters and asked if she could be the rep for the brand in the UK, but I could be wrong.

I suppose they've got to say something to establish their credentials for speaking for the brand, and as she's said (refreshingly, in my opinion) is that she doesn't have any formal qualifications - presumably no 2-week or 2-month fashion stylist course. I think it's a pity she's fronting a brand I don't think I'm going to warm to, as she seemed really pleasant. QVC have done a lot worse than this young woman who was well-groomed, articulate, and quite knowledgable about the clothes (IT take note).

The guest was fine its just the clothes.Some of the dresses look like tunics not dresses and on the web site even more so.It comes up all the time on Q that customers want longer dresses.Ive heard the Tiana B lady say she has listened and is providing more length, and she's not the only one. Knee length would do me but mid thigh no.....

The guest was fine its just the clothes.Some of the dresses look like tunics not dresses and on the web site even more so.It comes up all the time on Q that customers want longer dresses.Ive heard the Tiana B lady say she has listened and is providing more length, and she's not the only one. Knee length would do me but mid thigh no.....

True - tunic length on most of us!

They live in a parallel universe where we are all either a) 5' tall or thereabouts, or b) we are bound and determined, no matter our age or figure, to wear mini length dresses.

When I was 16, I used to pick up 1960s dresses to wear for parties (and sometimes at school) - these all stopped well above the knee. But I was a teenager, and that's what teenagers do (when not living in jeans)...

I don't think the models looked particularly good in the dresses, as the proportions were completely wrong on them. There was a dress with a bit of a flounce which started just below the model's bum - very flattering I don't think.

Latest posts

Back