Coconut food bundleFood products rip-off!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crikey ! its just flavoured coconut water, which any supermarket sells ; and yes the weight for that should be well over a fiver !!!! I bet if we were to return it, it would be about £12 !!!!!

I remember writing something about this a few weeks ago. I had searched for a sugar substitute promoted by (JF?) and on entering name of said sugar substitute on Q website, this coconut water came up. My comment was that coconut water costs only a few rupees fresh from the coconut, so you might as well buy an air ticket to Sri Lanka and have your fill of coconut water for the price of a few QVC offerings plus p&p.

Anything with coconut as a main ingredient is, due to it's health benefits, expensive. If one adds up the individual RRPs of each product, the price the Q is asking, is not unreasonable. I bought my last litre cartone of pure coconut water, a popular brand, for 99p and £1.00. The general selling price is £3.99. The coconut oil can sell for between £9.99 and £15.99. Theb smaller cartons are approx £1.69 each.

This does seem expensive - especially if you head to a supermarket's section of international ingredients. My recent 500ml of jar of pure virgin coconut oil was under £2.50!

I buy Tiana pure unrefined coconut oil,think it's about £15 a jar not sure as I always stock up when H&B have special offers.

I buy all my coconut stuff from Amazon. There is a really good range, and the prices are pretty keen.

I buy all my coconut stuff from Amazon. There is a really good range, and the prices are pretty keen.

You just beat me to it as I was going to recommend amazon too esp with free pandp on (most) of the coconut products!

Am wondering whether the current obsession with all things coconutty is just a fad/fashion or will go on? I like and use coconut oil... I know it's got lots of benefits but it's on every website and blog ATM!

I have seen coconut oil and water in almost every shop even the tiny shop in my village has started to stock it so it was only time before Q jumped onto the band wagon and started to stock it and of course they had to have the "very best organic" coconut water and oil, not for them the bog standard stuff that is good enough for the rest of us.
If I had paid that price for it I would want to make full use of the 30DMG.

Latest posts

Back