Cooks Essentials Airfryer TSV 19/06/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

U cant beat the Tefal actifry, even Ideal world realised that when they started selling the Phillips air fryer lol

I have my halohen oven and LOVE it . I use it several times a day and find that I get great results from it.
I can't see how this is diferent apart from the fact it looks as though the cooking space is smaller and it comes in nice colours but I am really only interested in results.
I haven't been tempted to try the actifry and will watch to see exactly this cooker does that my Halogen oven doesn't.

got rid of my actifry good for cooking but very poor quality, after the 3rd lid started to crack got rid also had a bew paddle, build quality is very poor

got a breville halo now its so much better and can cook more things

the philips is £89 so makes the qvc one look very poor value, and the qvc one looks poor quality from the pics http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...yers/philips-airfryer-black-08638403-pdt.html

I love my actifry and did look at replacing it with the airfryer but after having a look in Curry's I decided to keep using the actifry as the basket looked so small. I have been wondering how long it would take Q to produce their own airfryer.

I have the Philips, if anything went wrong with it would order another straight away, brilliant device, cooks almost everything the oven used to do, apart from joints. DIL tried the actifry but it seemed to break up all the food as it went round, apart from chips.

me too, I gave the actifry to my son who does like it ( probably 'cos it was free to him ) but I prefer my lovely black Philips airfryer bought from Ideal World. I find it more versatile.
What kind of thing can you do with it, dollydimple ?

I love a gadget, so am interested in this TSV, but wondered what the Philips did to maybe compare ?

What kind of thing can you do with it, dollydimple ?

I love a gadget, so am interested in this TSV, but wondered what the Philips did to maybe compare ?

The Philips is more like a mini oven, - can bake in it - make pies, quiches, cakes - as well as the usual roast potatoes, chips etc. I just prefer it to the actifry but saying that, others swear by their actifry. Just personal choice, I suppose. :)

I saw a taste test done on the telly, the Philips chips didn't look great (they said) compared to the actifry ones but they did win the taste test when members of the public sampled them .

Millions of reviews for both on Amazon as usual.

Sorry if this is a daft question. Is it better than a halogen oven. Or are both totally different?

Latest posts

Back