Cooks Essentials Soup Maker TSV 02/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It looks very smart but I won't be buying it as I regularly make soup by just lightly frying the veg in a saucepan and then adding water and a stock cube, cook for 20mins and then chuck in a blender. I have my wonderful vitamix so I use that. I've been on the 5:2 diet and soup has been my choice for lunch on fast days.
5:2 is the most wonderful diet and it costs nothing to do.

My friend bought one to use while she is walking the dogs so she can come home to some hot soup ready to eat straight away ..she said its really good as long as you don`t cut the veg up too big.

Of course, I bought the previous model before Christmas.:mysmilie_51:

Handy thing to have mind you, doesn't half produce some steam though.

Looks like it has a 'steam vent'. Nice looking. Still have my old one & brill. I chop my veg up in the ninja before putting in the soupmaker. No mess. :D

Seems a bit expensive to be honest but your comments are tempting me because I love soup and my attempts are really rubbish.

CC

How much was the previous one? A search didn't find it so there are no reviews to look at.

Is this one the same as previous?

Can anyone remember what the reviews were like?

If anyone can give the item number for the previous one, the useless qvc search engine might actually find it.

Sorry for so many questions.

The previous model had a TSV price of £38.96. Item number was 800940 showing as sold out on Qvc but if you google it you can see it got an average of 4 stars.

I was tempted to buy this when I watched the live demos at midnight, but I wasn't totally convinced, especially at one point when Simon was pouring out some soup from it and it splashed on the surface as there is no pouring lip on it. I did a bit of research on-line today and ordered a Morphy Richards soup maker from a company that gave free postage, so total cost was £43.99, compared with QVC's own make costing around £48.00 including P&P.
The reviews of the MR one I've bought seem good on lots of sites, so hopefully I made the right decision. I'm also getting fed up with the time items take to arrive from QVC. Postage of £5.95 for the TSV doesn't guarantee a quick delivery in my experience lately.

I'm not personally too interested in the Soup Maker but the Pressure Cooker looks interesting, 4 easypays too. It's quite small though but i'd imagine it could be used for soups too.

I think I might give it a go :mysmilie_59:

I was tempted to buy this when I watched the live demos at midnight, but I wasn't totally convinced, especially at one point when Simon was pouring out some soup from it and it splashed on the surface as there is no pouring lip on it. I did a bit of research on-line today and ordered a Morphy Richards soup maker from a company that gave free postage, so total cost was £43.99, compared with QVC's own make costing around £48.00 including P&P.
The reviews of the MR one I've bought seem good on lots of sites, so hopefully I made the right decision. I'm also getting fed up with the time items take to arrive from QVC. Postage of £5.95 for the TSV doesn't guarantee a quick delivery in my experience lately.

I've got the MR one Pandora, it's fab and I :heart: it. :nod:
It's brill when I've been doing a supermarket shop, come home, chuck half one of those bags of ready chopped u veggies that costs 99p with a stock pot and some water and by the time I've packed away the shopping and the bags I've got fresh yummy souo for my lunch.

I had told myself I would definitely be interested in this appliance too until I saw it was a messy pourer! Pity the designers hadn't put more thought into it. Think I might just check out the MR one now instead.

I've got the MR one Pandora, it's fab and I :heart: it. :nod:
It's brill when I've been doing a supermarket shop, come home, chuck half one of those bags of ready chopped u veggies that costs 99p with a stock pot and some water and by the time I've packed away the shopping and the bags I've got fresh yummy souo for my lunch.

Oh thanks for posting amn, I can't wait to have a play now! I thought it might help me keep away from the cakes and biscuit nibbling if I have a good hearty bowl of soup at lunchtime, instead of a sarnie which doesn't have a lasting effect for me. I love soup in the winter too as it's what my mom used to call comfort food. I'm going to enjoy experimenting when it arrives. I hope there is a small cook book with it to get me started.
Pandora x

I make soup from leftovers all the time. Just store them in a Lock and Lock jar, blend them with the Bamix, into the microwave or 5 minutes on the gas ring then serve. This morning's roast dinner and pudding, too, if there is any left over, becomes tonight's soup. It does fresh vegs the same - chops then blends, into the microwave and hey presto. The problem for me with the soup maker is where to put it now the Easiyo yogurt maker is out, too, and it wouldn't do anything that the other utensils I have do, so it's a no brainer.

Latest posts

Back