Cooks Essentials TSV this evening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
I know we have had some very passionate threads on the forum over the past couple of days. So this one may seem tame in comparison. Any tip offs for the TSV?:star:

I know we have had some very passionate threads on the forum over the past couple of days. So this one may seem tame in comparison. Any tip offs for the TSV?:star:

been a good weekend threadwise eh? ive loved it! but thanks for a new topic snowstorm.

i would really like a set of non stick oven essentials from CE. we've got the saucepans, now i want a couple of really good non stick oven trays, a roasting tin, cookie tray and maybe a couple of sandwich tins (yes girls i can bake a cake, thank you). my current ones are a right old mismatched lot and i bet there are millions of people out there who would like to do a full replacement all in one go.

and i dont mean in pink silicon!

been a good weekend threadwise eh? ive loved it! but thanks for a new topic snowstorm.

i would really like a set of non stick oven essentials from CE. we've got the saucepans, now i want a couple of really good non stick oven trays, a roasting tin, cookie tray and maybe a couple of sandwich tins (yes girls i can bake a cake, thank you). my current ones are a right old mismatched lot and i bet there are millions of people out there who would like to do a full replacement all in one go.

and i dont mean in pink silicon!

It sure has BB. Love the variety of discussion on here. Sure makes for lively reading!! Am looking to add to my collection. Started off with the3 basic saucepans in red and a casserole type dish am impressed so far. Same as you would love some decent oven trays and the baking ones too. Lets hope they will surprise us!:wonder:

They always have loads in stock about 14 days after aTSV in the Shrewsbury store. Last time they did not bother to clean the pans, but they do sell them at a good price.

They always have loads in stock about 14 days after aTSV in the Shrewsbury store. Last time they did not bother to clean the pans, but they do sell them at a good price.

Ah to far me based in sunny south london!!

a gaudy plastic pot with a lid that you put in the microwave.

no thanks.

if i want to make beef stew i'll slow cook it for 2 hours. if i dont have 2 hours i wont make it..

simples.

a gaudy plastic pot with a lid that you put in the microwave.

no thanks.

if i want to make beef stew i'll slow cook it for 2 hours. if i dont have 2 hours i wont make it..

simples.

Ha ha that made me smile. Have to say I agree with you on that one!

This has got to be the craziest tsv of the year so far. And Debbie making out its the best thing since sliced bread! I think not!!

All to save 5 or 10 minutes on boiling some tatties!!! Are we all really that short of time??

This has got to be the craziest tsv of the year so far. And Debbie making out its the best thing since sliced bread! I think not!!

All to save 5 or 10 minutes on boiling some tatties!!! Are we all really that short of time??

No cooking is one of the few pleasures!

I'd like to know what it's made out of. From what I can tell, it appears to be made out of the same material as my dustbins outside. I tend to cook with natural equipment such as cast iron, stoneware etc and I would be rather worried about chemicals from heated plastic leeching into the food.

They seem to have taken a peek at tupperware and thought 'we can do that, too' - love my tupperware bits & bobs for storage but nowadays at sales evenings they try to flog nothing but their microwave cookware.

I thought the stews etc looked pretty bad but then most of the demonstrated stuff does and Debbie's overblown enthusiasm tasting everything. However I do cook a few slow things that take a while which is no problem but the thing that tempts me is the reduction in cooking smells. I know I must be mad but I am considering it but not totally sure because I did clear out my cupboards over the weekend and don't want to clutter them up again with something that hardly gets used.

I'd like to know what it's made out of. From what I can tell, it appears to be made out of the same material as my dustbins outside. I tend to cook with natural equipment such as cast iron, stoneware etc and I would be rather worried about chemicals from heated plastic leeching into the food.

That's exactly what I thought.

TSV is now limited stock.. AD has bought 2 in the red as "it's the most exciting thing to come out of Cooks Essentials" , as I write it's completely gone. £22 for a bit of plastic NO THANK YOU.

last presentation i saw simon was saying that it wasn't like an old fashioned pressure cooker, "the valve just lifts to let the steam out".

ummmm... thats not a pressure cooker then is it? if the steam isnt being retained under high pressure then youre not getting the benefits of pressure cooking.

just looked at it on the web and its actually described as a "low pressure cooker" so doesn't that make it just a glorified steamer? its the microwave thats cooking the food quickly, while the water/steam stops it drying out.

i can do that with my pyrex casserole dish and its tight fitting lid. looks nicer too.

the stews that were being served up on the launch looked unappetising.

Viewed the show when Malcolm was on this evening. Have to say they were the most watery looking stews I have seen - yeuck:dull:. Good grief if ever that was an advert not to purchase that was it!

Latest posts

Back