Covering all angles.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Julia is presenting the lenovo tablet with Lee and, as a reason for buying, she tells us it would be handy to use if we are waiting for the kids in the car. Well, unless the kids usually take 4-6 hours to come out of school, then you can use your laptop. Pre tablets, the major selling point of a laptop was it's portability. If you want to be able to use the laptop on the go, buy an wifi dongle. Most people who have a smartphone, have a data allowance, so have the choice of using that whilst being a taxi! Kind of negates the definitive reason to buy, specifically, a tablet, don't you think?

Hi Louise,

I Totally agree, any excuse to attract a sale. Next it will be for when you are in the queue at the supermarket.

I don't have a tablet but i use my laptop and am very happy with that. I don't actually like the idea of being connected everywhere I go. I sometimes miss the old days pre-mobile 'phones, when I wasn't expected to answer dumb questions 24\7/ Luckily, as a nurse, I have no mobile devices switched on when I am working and my 'phone is in my locker until my shift finishes. I may check for messages in my break but it is rare because I can't run errands and sort things out while I am on duty, so what is the point?

Inge x

I am convinced that in years to come a mobile phone device thingy will be implanted in us at birth. What is it with people that they must be attached to a phone 24hrs a day. There is no doubt that they are a great invention and great for an emergency but do we really have to be attached all the time, in the middle of a play, church etc.

It would not be so bad if it was something important, like saving the world, but ye gods it is middle aged women who seem to be unable to be out of touch with their daughters for more than 10 seconds. Teenagers you can understand, we all could talk , about nothing, for England as teens but what does anyone over 17 have to say all day. Sorry for the rant but MP users are a real pet hate of mine.

LOL, so true. Today I was out and it seemed that the overwhelming majority of shoppers were either chatting on their mobile or staring into it, almost completely unaware of their surroundings.

Latest posts

Back