Dave the jadeite man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Endless Jade. For heaven's sake, stop it Gemporia and send Dave on a very long holiday.

So what has Steve actually changed, except for re-sizing being back, and quicker refunds. What have I missed? Has there been other changes?
I can't see any. Except for most of the diverse non-jewellery brands disappearing except for Primal, and Visage. Both of which have been extremely successful for Gemporia. Especially Visage.

Dave's now bigging up a multi-colour jade pendant. It's so very high-end, he's apparently bought five.

It's so high-end, it's set in gold tone silver with white zircons. And is allegedly worth £2,999. Now the price has dropped to £799. So luxury! Such legacy!! Put it in your will for that daughter or niece you utterly despise.

I can't see any. Except for most of the diverse non-jewellery brands disappearing except for Primal, and Visage. Both of which have been extremely successful for Gemporia. Especially Visage.

Dave's now bigging up a multi-colour jade pendant. It's so very high-end, he's apparently bought five.

It's so high-end, it's set in gold tone silver with white zircons. And is allegedly worth £2,999. Now the price has dropped to £799. So luxury! Such legacy!! Put it in your will for that daughter or niece you utterly despise.
Sorry it looks like a safety ring/lifebuoy hanging up at side of swimming pool 🙄 Listening to Dave waxing lyrical and Ellis saying this is 'a atelier' jewellery, I am just seeing the comedy value. Same with Hattie's odd pronunciation and misuse of language .. yesterday it was what sounded like Mines Giraffe kunzite ... 😁

Last edited:
Sorry it looks like a safety ring/lifebuoy hanging up at side of swimming pool 🙄
It's now going for £149. Call me cynical, but if Gemporia is flogging this at such a low price, and have decided to set it in gold coloured silver, something tells me that this thing isn't as high end as Mr T and Ellis are saying it is.

Also, it reminds me of that electronic Simon game from the late 1970s.

Endless Jade. For heaven's sake, stop it Gemporia and send Dave on a very long holiday.

So what has Steve actually changed, except for re-sizing being back, and quicker refunds. What have I missed? Has there been other changes?
Nothing that I have seen, same old jade, jade and more jade. With the odd diamond or such thrown in!! With the long drawn out lectures about how lucky we are!!! I really believe Steve is not interested in Gems now he's more about the health side of things. So if and when it changes it will be down to Jake! Up to now I haven't noticed anything different not even the split pay graph!!

Goodness I can't believe the messages coming through to studio praising Dave ... one customer saying how much her heart is racing at her purchase... are they for real? How is the gold tone silver not a clue!
Just goes to show what sad, isolated and lonely lives Gemporia's more rabid viewers lead.

Unfortunately, people like this always fall for the less truthful, as they want to believe that anyone who is nice and friendly with them must be good, honest, honourable and sincere. And not trying to palm them off with a "legacy portfolio" of tatty jewellery with less gold content than a glass of seawater.

This is getting ridiculous. Is it ever going to stop? How does he manage to keep talking about jade? he's being doing this for weeks now he must be fed up of forced into it.

Sorry it looks like a safety ring/lifebuoy hanging up at side of swimming pool 🙄 Listening to Dave waxing lyrical and Ellis saying this is 'a atelier' jewellery, I am just seeing the comedy value. Same with Hattie's odd pronunciation and misuse of language .. yesterday it was what sounded like Mines Giraffe kunzite ... 😁
Well if Ellis said that, then it must be true

This is getting ridiculous. Is it ever going to stop? How does he manage to keep talking about jade? he's being doing this for weeks now he must be fed up of forced into it.
He bought it all apparently. So being forced to talk about the ruddy stuff when he knows that it's putting people off viewing, never mind buying is the least he can do.

Next it'll be 18 months of Dave talking about the 3,000 skips of magic beans he sold Steve Bennett's prized cows for.

He bought it all apparently. So being forced to talk about the ruddy stuff when he knows that it's putting people off viewing, never mind buying is the least he can do.

Next it'll be 18 months of Dave talking about the 3,000 skips of magic beans he sold Steve Bennett's prized cows for.
And sadly there will still be some customers with racing hearts queuing up to buy ... 😦 the rest of us climbing the walls !!

Dave is now on with Lynn, and he's got some ugly jade pieces with him. He is raving about a platinum plated bicolour wheel of heaven pendant that he swears blind is bluish and green.

Well, maybe I am going blind, but whether it's close up on video or live next to him, the thing looks pale lavender.

The current item on air, a tulip shaped pendant with a dangly pearl, looks green on video, but the piece Lynn's holding is a firm slate grey.

I reckon Dave's calling them random wrong colours for a laugh to see if people will buy the stuff regardless

The latest gold plating Gemporia is sticking on its silver jewellery is "gold flash". Never heard of it before, so I went looking online, and found the attached.

Again, presenters aren't explaining this, or mentioning it at all. Not what I'd want on my "heirloom jewellery"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-14-20-58-38-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-14-20-58-38-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 48
The latest gold plating Gemporia is sticking on its silver jewellery is "gold flash". Never heard of it before, so I went looking online, and found the attached.

Again, presenters aren't explaining this, or mentioning it at all. Not what I'd want on my "heirloom jewellery"
Me neither! I have to ask can gems become more cheap and tacky?

I got a pineapple slider necklace a couple of years ago from Gemporia. Was concerned about the Flash, but thought the plating would last the summer at least. started to wear through after a couple of wears, despite being careful.

I got a pineapple slider necklace a couple of years ago from Gemporia. Was concerned about the Flash, but thought the plating would last the summer at least. started to wear through after a couple of wears, despite being careful.
How dare you think that you should be wearing the jewellery you've paid for!

I have to admit that I'm finding it amusing that while Gemporia's always been so haughty about only selling "real" jewellery and jewels in precious metals, they're now selling jewellery plated using a process used a lot for costume jewellery. 😏

How dare you think that you should be wearing the jewellery you've paid for!

I have to admit that I'm finding it amusing that while Gemporia's always been so haughty about only selling "real" jewellery and jewels in precious metals, they're now selling jewellery plated using a process used a lot for costume jewellery. 😏

All the while comparing it to something 50 times or more the carat weight sold at Bonham's 😆

All the while comparing it to something 50 times or more the carat weight sold at Bonham's 😆
I love those comparisons. Gemporia's flogging a tiny cluster ring full of irradiated stones they got from Africa or South America that were mined 4 years ago, and the presenter's comparing it to a totally natural 1300 carat stone mined from a historic and famous mine in Asia hundreds of years ago, and has enormous provenance having been owned by a series of sultans, maharajahs, kings and emperors.

Oh, and Gemporia staff definitely read this forum. During his shift with Lynn today flogging his neverending jade, Dave mentioned that trade buyers were absolutely buying his wares because they're so unparalleled. Even buyers from China and the Far East. That'll be telling me for asking why Dave's not selling his small moon's worth of jade material to the Chinese market since there's supposed to be a massive market there for high-end jade.

I am betting that discerning and knowledgeable jade buyers from the Far East have been bowled over by the apparently bicolour and bluish-grey material that presents as pale lilac to the eye. Not to mention the high-end decision to flog it with luxury white zircons in thinly gold painted silver settings. The high exclusivity of items being limited to only 400+ pieces of each will also be getting prospective buyers in China rushing to the phones to obtain Dave's once in a lifetime jade deals.

Well, more like once in an hour, because they're going to appear in at least another two shows that day. With the returned items appearing on sale shows from now until the heat death of the universe

Latest posts

Back