The Prices - Bloomin' Heck!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just switched over to Gemporia and watched 5 minutes of the morning show with Dave Troth and "Meels" (Amelia, I think) flogging some jadeite and garnet drop earrings. They are 'gold flash', so sterling silver with an overlay, and the presenters reckon they are incredibly cheap at £99.99!! OK, the price will drop, but on what planet are they cheap? Seems to me they are asking top dollar for little more than costume jewellery - the days when Gemporia sold reasonably priced gold and silver items, with good metal weights, sure have gone for good.

Dave Troth looks like he's dressed for winter while the rest of us are melting.....and why does he never allow the presenter to say something without interrupting? He talks over each and every presenter, the man's so annoying. I cannot believe this channel is still operating.....

I was surprised by the price of the jadeite too, especially when it was only gold plated. I guess you would have to be an avid collector to pay so much for it

Just switched over to Gemporia and watched 5 minutes of the morning show with Dave Troth and "Meels" (Amelia, I think) flogging some jadeite and garnet drop earrings. They are 'gold flash', so sterling silver with an overlay, and the presenters reckon they are incredibly cheap at £99.99!! OK, the price will drop, but on what planet are they cheap? Seems to me they are asking top dollar for little more than costume jewellery - the days when Gemporia sold reasonably priced gold and silver items, with good metal weights, sure have gone for good.

Dave Troth looks like he's dressed for winter while the rest of us are melting.....and why does he never allow the presenter to say something without interrupting? He talks over each and every presenter, the man's so annoying. I cannot believe this channel is still operating.....
Yep you have to be savvy. I don't wear gold so always safe with silver.

A few weeks ago, I saw a gold plated silver ring I liked on Kate's show, but I had to leave before they revealed the final price. When I emailed customer services to ask the final price, I was told 99 pounds. I almost shouted a profanity. Luckily for me, I was able to retain my composure and just say: "no, thank you!". 99 pounds... For gold plated silver, dear God!

The other week, they had this necklace which looked like something the Queen would wear on state occasions. It started at £16,000 but dropped to £10,000 and of course was a bargain at that price.

First thought, who the hell would pay that and second who the hell would wear it?

I remember one show when Yanni had a temper tantrum because they were setting his precious Aquaprase in silver.... But he is ok with brass? Makes no sense to me. The more I see, the less I understand...
Yep he'll be fumin. Any wonder he went to Boucheron and Le Vian.

The other week, they had this necklace which looked like something the Queen would wear on state occasions. It started at £16,000 but dropped to £10,000 and of course was a bargain at that price.

First thought, who the hell would pay that and second who the hell would wear it?
Oh, Donna255, yesterday on Lifestyle they were selling such a necklace but for 99,000 pounds. They said they had collectors flying in to see and potentially buy it. I also asked myself the same questions you did. I cannot imagine myself wearing something like that. Where would I wear to? I seldom go to high society balls these days 😜

I remember one show when Yanni had a temper tantrum because they were setting his precious Aquaprase in silver.... But he is ok with brass? Makes no sense to me. The more I see, the less I understand...
All her trinkets have been in brass. I remember thinking when she was doing the scarf rings that it was odd that they weren’t in silver.

Caught the De Beers diamond collection yesterday. Yes, these diamonds are De Beers well over £1,000 even after price drop. Yet, they are so exclusive and high quality just in 9ct gold not as you would expect 18ct gold
It makes me smile that they don’t draw attention to the ‘non Code of Origin’ stones in the pieces. When they aired last year I assumed that each stone had that provenance, and it took me a while to work out that it was only one or two stones in each piece was Code of Origin.

All her trinkets have been in brass. I remember thinking when she was doing the scarf rings that it was odd that they weren’t in silver.
She said silver bends too easily so wouldn't be strong enough.

Latest posts

Back