Debbie Flint The Novelist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nothing in this thread surprises me about Debbie Flint, except maybe that her veneer of "chatty friendliness" has conned so many. Thanks for posting, amyb, and sorry you've had to take the flak. Very unprofessional and more like a cat fight in a pub.

Last edited:
Answer 1. No
Answer 2. Yes

This is the trouble with the internet and vanity publishing! Can you imagine a proper author responding like this to a perfectly valid review? Or a load of abuse being thrown at punters who leave them on the Q website for that matter? This just reinforces my view that underneath all that fake matinees she is a tough as nails and not very nice either. Just a market trader desperate for a quick sale, nothing beyond that. I would not follow her on twitter or whatever she is on if it were the last site on earth (so to speak).

Debbie If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!!

Anyone who writes books is going to find that some people will love their writing and some wont. Picking on someone who has written a negative review and accusing them of being someone from some 'group' she is part of, who has been made to leave, just shows what kind of person she is - a bully. I have given a few books on a well known site a couple of 1 star reviews because I believe they deserved it. None of the authors have ever made a comment back to me, nor really would I expect them to, and certainly not in the manner Debbie Flint did.

I downloaded this a while ago and gave up on it. First bit was ok and amusing in an inane way - I was playing spot the 'hidden' references to others. I have just left a 2 star review on Amazon so will see if it is published and if there is any response from the esteemed author. She really needs to be able to accept criticism or even people just saying it's not for them. I knew it was more of a light-hearted book (at least I think that's the idea) and normally I read something more meaty but even so it wasn't good. Still, it wasn't expensive!

Shocking! If you can't take criticism then don't put your "work" in the public domain! It's only vanity publishing anyway! I'm sure most proper publishers would give guidance on criticism, rather than allowing their authors to fly off the handle in this way. Maybe self publishing has caused her to be overprotective, but it's really no excuse. She's really made herself look incredibly bad over this little episode.

And please stop going on about the "writing" on QVC. It's just not appropriate and sounds desperate - as is begging for reviews and getting friends to write them.

Of course, she'll be lapping this thread up. Bad publicity is publicity after all so it's free advertising for her and obviously some folks have bought her book out of curiosity. She doesn't care why anyone buys, just so long as they're paying her. But don't say it's rubbish, or she'll have you for it.

Thanks for posting, amyb, and sorry you've had to take the flak. Very unprofessional and more like a cat fight in a pub.

:)

Its kept me entertained, and amused me. (far more than the actual ****** book tbh)

she should be reported to amazon or wherever you download the books from, she's not really allowing people to speak openly and convey their opinion is she?

Julius what was her reply to you , as she's deleted it since ?

She hasn't said anything. I don't expect she will do either. I'm surprised anyone has bought her tacky old books. Can't even use them as toilet tissue!

She hasn't said anything. I don't expect she will do either. I'm surprised anyone has bought her tacky old books. Can't even use them as toilet tissue!

She did but deleted it 7hours ago so you cant see what was said but it was aimed at your comment lol

OK I will confess Patricia and Clive are my creations, not Debbie's! I enjoyed writing each little episode! loooooool! My imagination ran away with me a bit!

Debbie always was good at trying new things though. During the wilderness years she sold some kind of mineral water, or magic water of some kind. It was probably tap water! I wonder what she studied at university? I thought is was maths.

Latest posts

Back