Desperate measures

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LITTLE GOLLUM is absolutely perfect for them now but he's only a bit part player, he always has been.

Peter Simon is now the quintessential Ideal World Presenter. It took him no time to become the star of the 'show'. He is the supreme essence of Idealworldism.

He's so at 'ome :mysmilie_59:

He even has his own 'boys in the band' on fashion, which he stops and starts when he clicks his fingers (although they don't always stop)

I am sure the legendary Paul Lavers used to be involved with the presenter hiring on IW.

How things change eh.

Werent Paul Lavers and Chloe Marshall part of the original IW set up ? I didn't watch then but remember seeing a documentary.

I'm sure the original team were making better hiring decisions than whoever is on the team now.Reckon anyone could get a gig on IW now.

Ooooh I don't know about that, Fibby Flint, miss hard sell her self "get yours!! get yours now!!" was hired as one of IW first presenters.

I didn't realise that.I can't recall her. In that case I expect Fibby brought her own brand of unmistakable charm to the channel.

She was briefly on Bid too.

Done the rounds old Chuckie has. A most unpleasant creature for sure, but surely not in the same league of foulness as this Ideal World lot.

image.jpegimage.jpg

She's not hysterical though so would probably be of no use to Ideal World these days. Of course she's every bit as demonic as the banshee like Genpleaseleave but Chuckie employs more of a hypnotic intimidation to rid you of your shillings :mysmilie_59:

She was briefly on Bid too.

Done the rounds old Chuckie has. A most unpleasant creature for sure, but surely not in the same league of foulness as this Ideal World lot.

View attachment 12277View attachment 12278

She's not hysterical though so would probably be of no use to Ideal World these days. Of course she's every bit as demonic as the banshee like Genpleaseleave but Chuckie employs more of a hypnotic intimidation to rid you of your shillings :mysmilie_59:

There is a certain eerie resemblance. I can't work out what it is . Untrustworthiness?Scary smiles?IW presenter demeanor?

Yes, I saw Ellis today on GTL or whatever its called. Clearly put on weight and with not such a severe haircut that she used to sport. I also remember Debby Shore, a quietly spoken and attractive blonde who was a whiz on the sewing machine - they all seem to have offloaded themselves from the market stall.

Debbie Shore is now part of the Crafter's Companion's presenting team on Hochanda with her own range of books, CDs and DVDs,patterns and fabric dies etc. Anyone is quietly spoken if compared to Sara Davies from CC!

Sara Davies.Shopping channel competition for Ms Jacks Jaxx or whatever her name is now.Some presenters she is on with(although she is often all alone) appear to be scared s******* in her presence and cannot get a word in edgeways. Deb Shore is ok.
She does know her stuff in my opinion and makes sewing accessible to more people . Doesn't blow her own trumpet -just sews.

debbie shore is good. very good.

surprised she wasn't shunted to c&c. (which in selly telly circles and possibly on this forum, is seen as a demotion... yet it seems to be the only thing that brings in the cash guaranteed)

Debbie was on C&C before she left to start her own sewing business and then joined CC. She often demonstrated sewing machines for C&C and very good she was too!

I can remember Ellis on there .She's been on Gems fora good while now hasnt she?Did a stint on QVC

Ellis was one of the original presenters on IW, along with Nanty. She liked to remind us of this fact, thought not as much as Nanty does. She used to regularly tell us about her weak bladder and stress incontinence, and would often regale us of a tale when she was going up Snake Pass in Derbyshire and needed a wee and had to do it on her daughter's brand new pashmina which caused much upset.

Vile woman.

Latest posts

Back