Diamonique Tova 4.6ct tw Band Ring Gold Vermeil Sterling Silver OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diamonique by Tova 4.6ct tw Band Ring Gold Vermeil Sterling Silver
Item Number: 657105
QVC Price £65.00
One Time Only Price £54.94
P&P £3.95

This extravagant ring from Diamonique by TOVA features a spine of baguette cut-stones down the middle, flanked by dozens of round stones in graduating sizes. With a luxurious gold finish and crafted in sterling silver, it'll give you the feeling of wearing couture jewellery and real diamonds without breaking the bank.

All-day wear- fretwork on the unseen side of the ring (called 'J-backing') keeps the weight down so it's comfortable to wear for even extended periods./It'll also stop it from sliding around on your finger.

Faceted baguette-cut simulated white diamonds: 7 x (4mm x 2mm)
Round-cut simulated white diamonds: 14 x (1.75mm), 14 x (1.55mm), 28 x (1.35mm), 28 x (1.25mm)
Sterling silver with gold vermeil
Total equivalent diamond weight: 4.62 carats

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.657105

We suddenly seem to be swamped with "gold vermeil" on QVC. I was interested to see this is a term commonly used in the US, but not used in UK.

I think QVC are using the term to give us an impression that their plated items are somewhat better than the competition's. Given that the term isn't commonly used in UK, it's probably disingenuous. Rather than be wowed by this term, I'd be inclined to check with other suppliers about their plating thickness, rather than take it on trust that QVC's plating is better.

We suddenly seem to be swamped with "gold vermeil" on QVC. I was interested to see this is a term commonly used in the US, but not used in UK.

I think QVC are using the term to give us an impression that their plated items are somewhat better than the competition's. Given that the term isn't commonly used in UK, it's probably disingenuous. Rather than be wowed by this term, I'd be inclined to check with other suppliers about their plating thickness, rather than take it on trust that QVC's plating is better.

this ring never came to air as they changed the OTO & ive heard this term used on lots of the shopping channels & the jewellery ones

& QVC used to have hours called "Colours of vermeil" & it was sterling silver with different coloured gold vermeil on it like yellow & rose & it was acutally very affordable & was very popular too

this ring never came to air as they changed the OTO & ive heard this term used on lots of the shopping channels & the jewellery ones

& QVC used to have hours called "Colours of vermeil" & it was sterling silver with different coloured gold vermeil on it like yellow & rose & it was acutally very affordable & was very popular too

I'm sure it was popular, not saying any different. My point is more that this term has become very prevalent, and I think it is used as a more attractive way of saying gold plate rather than simply referring to it as gold plate. In my view, it is used to convey the idea that it is superior to what is available elsewhere. Is there actually any proof that what is referred to as gold vermeil on QVC is in fact of a superior thickness of gold plate when compared with other retailers who don't use this term to describe their products?

I'm sure it was popular, not saying any different. My point is more that this term has become very prevalent, and I think it is used as a more attractive way of saying gold plate rather than simply referring to it as gold plate. In my view, it is used to convey the idea that it is superior to what is available elsewhere. Is there actually any proof that what is referred to as gold vermeil on QVC is in fact of a superior thickness of gold plate when compared with other retailers who don't use this term to describe their products?

there was when they used to do it as it used to be measured in microns & all sorts & QVC's in the old days was the thickest & was well tested in the past but i dont know about the current batch

vermail is a term used gold plating silver. most companies use that term. i have some dinny hall vermail and its very very good. but its a lot more expensive than qvc . veronese is the qvc equivilent and i dont think its as good as it used to be.

i remember manyyears ago qvc did some really heavy silver plated in yellow and rose gold.

Very interesting... so gold vermeil should be of a superior thickness to something described as gold plated?

The cynic in me assumes that gold vermeil is maybe where gold plated used to be, and anything still described as gold plated is thinner.

It sounds like I need to be careful what I buy - to be sure and do my homework when the word plated is used. Thanks all for the explanations :mysmilie_59:

vermail is a term used gold plating silver. most companies use that term. i have some dinny hall vermail and its very very good. but its a lot more expensive than qvc . veronese is the qvc equivilent and i dont think its as good as it used to be.

i remember manyyears ago qvc did some really heavy silver plated in yellow and rose gold.

Like you said,Veronese gold , lately looks very cheap, almost painted on , on certain pieces that are shown on air. I once got one of their popcorn link watches and it looked really good ( I had to send it back of some reason)

Latest posts

Back