Dyson Hairdryer - is it worth £300

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use a hot air gun, £9-99 from Aldi.

But I don't dry my hair with it, I brown the top of an omelette when it is cooking from the bottom on the stove, as I like it firm and crispy top and bottom.

Actually it is meant for crafting, it would probably set hair on fire.
Abbie/Abi/Abbey#Dyson has always quoted the temperature of 'ordinary' driers, I think she confuses them with hot air guns 🥵

I use a hot air gun, £9-99 from Aldi.

But I don't dry my hair with it, I brown the top of an omelette when it is cooking from the bottom on the stove, as I like it firm and crispy top and bottom.

Actually it is meant for crafting, it would probably set hair on fire.

Why don’t you get something like this. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/pro...ch_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw. Cooks top and bottom with absolutely no risk of setting your hair alight Strato. 😂

A good idea, but I don't have any more "counter top" space in my kitchen, nor any more mains sockets, I'm already using loads of extension leads. When the house was built, you were considered very upmarket if you had an electric kettle you had to plug in ;)

"Out of the mouths of babes". One daughter told everyone in the queue in Sainsburys that a man was very smelly, fortunately she couldn't pronounce certain words so "fwell" didn't upset him. The other announced that the badly dressed lady walking into M&S was in fact a man & even pointed out the colour outfit to make sure they could see him. I'm surprised we weren't banned from the centre!

"Out of the mouths of babes," was what the travelling draper (a regular in our village as everyone had something on tick with him) told my mum when I asked him why he was so ugly.

Living in the back of rural beyond I'd never seen a black person so when a black doctor tried examining me I told my mum that the "dirty man" wasn't coming near me.

My poor mum. If I wasn't saying something I was doing something like running around on the grass in Bristol Zoo where signs everywhere told you not to. Mum telling me to come to her through the corner of her mouth, desperately trying not to cause a bigger scene, me giggling and running away.

My mum was a wise lady, though, as she never said anything in front of me that would embarrass her if I repeated it. Despite telling my sister that this would be a pretty good thing to follow when she had her kids she never did and was frequently caught out by one of her children correcting or quoting her in front of a previously discussed person. Then she'd blame the kids!

Abbie/Abi/Abbey#Dyson has always quoted the temperature of 'ordinary' driers, I think she confuses them with hot air guns 🥵
Last night she described the all red dryer as a collector’s item. So don’t all rush at once to get it to add to the pink, purple, blue, copper and pewter ones in your collection.

Do you suppose some people collect these things? Rhetorical question. Of course they do, then they post about it on Basefook and Instaaaaaaa!

Well I’ve admitted lockdown hair defeat- I’ve sent for hairbands even though my hair is really too short.

Jan 2020 my hair was Judi Dench, by the time I had got an appointment it had gone through Theresa May on to George Best’s mullet. July being first lockdown haircut it was a long pixi/very short bob kept in check until November lockdown. I’m now verging on a frizzy Wendy Craig.

If the band doesn’t work it’s a buzz cut!

Well I’ve admitted lockdown hair defeat- I’ve sent for hairbands even though my hair is really too short.

Jan 2020 my hair was Judi Dench, by the time I had got an appointment it had gone through Theresa May on to George Best’s mullet. July being first lockdown haircut it was a long pixi/very short bob kept in check until November lockdown. I’m now verging on a frizzy Wendy Craig.

If the band doesn’t work it’s a buzz cut!
I feel as though I've just gone through a flipbook of your hair styles.

Last night she described the all red dryer as a collector’s item. So don’t all rush at once to get it to add to the pink, purple, blue, copper and pewter ones in your collection.

Do you suppose some people collect these things? Rhetorical question. Of course they do, then they post about it on Basefook and Instaaaaaaa!

That woman talks a load of old squit!

The other day she declared ' listen ladies, hair that's left to dry naturally will not shine FACT'

While furloughed my hair is left to dry naturally 90% of washes and it probably shines better that when I'm blow drying it every day, it's just a bit fluffy.

My hair go so frustrating they I got my husband to cut my hair last weekend.
He didn’t do a bad job either - I directed him via a mirror, combed the hair through my fingers and he cut. It will certainly do the job until salons open again !
I have ordered an Ego travel hairdryer as it’s very light weight - couldn’t justify £300 on a dyson !

That woman talks a load of old squit!

The other day she declared ' listen ladies, hair that's left to dry naturally will not shine FACT'

While furloughed my hair is left to dry naturally 90% of washes and it probably shines better that when I'm blow drying it every day, it's just a bit fluffy.
:poop::ROFLMAO:!

My hair go so frustrating they I got my husband to cut my hair last weekend.
He didn’t do a bad job either - I directed him via a mirror, combed the hair through my fingers and he cut. It will certainly do the job until salons open again !
I have ordered an Ego travel hairdryer as it’s very light weight - couldn’t justify £300 on a dyson !

I love the Ego travel dryer as I have trouble with handling a standard size and the Ego is light but fairly powerful.

However, I (first - and kept going back to use it to her annoyance) used my niece's Dyson several years ago and did like it (obviously). I didn't use any attachments but it still did a great job with my difficult hair. No attachments made it very easy for me to use as I could hold it closer to my head and manage a brush easier.

My niece had hers when it first came out, it's coped with daily use (much heavier than I'd use it) and is still going well. I've been through four travel Egos in this time (burnt out days out of warranty :mad: ) but they're not meant to be used frequently I suppose. When the last one went bang and I was just about to break out the spare I keep for travel, Mr AE ordered a reconditioned Dyson from their outlet. It arrived with all the accessories (that I currently don't use), in what looks like perfect condition and had a free 2-year warranty (I think they're down to a year now but they do have specials fairly often I'm told). It also had 12 months interest free payments which was probably the deciding factor for Mr AE.

I must admit I do like it. It's powerful but most of all, I can handle it myself instead of calling Mr AE for a hand (now I come to think of it I can see exactly why he ordered it!). It doesn't annoy me like the Ego did by switching off every time I slightly moved my hand and caught the switch either. Because it's so quick I have less pain when using it.

I loved my Ego and will use it if we ever go abroad again as the Dyson is annoyingly not travel-compatible. But I think I like the Dyson a little bit more just for the ease of use for me. Especially as it really is now mine and not one I've borrowed from my friend or niece (and kept longer than I should have or being 'reminded' by both that it's not actually mine :eek: . I'm normally so good at returning things, too...).

Latest posts

Back