Elemis Supersize Serenity Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just coming back to this thread to ask how everyone is enjoying their Serenity balm?
I’m just using it in the evening to take off sunscreen, and I quite like it. I do think I’m probably using more than I should though, but I quite like being able to put a decent amount on.
I know Keeley says you should double cleanse, but I don’t and I don’t feel I need to. Dont west lots of heavy makeup so it’s a waste of product.

Just coming back to this thread to ask how everyone is enjoying their Serenity balm?
I’m just using it in the evening to take off sunscreen, and I quite like it. I do think I’m probably using more than I should though, but I quite like being able to put a decent amount on.
I know Keeley says you should double cleanse, but I don’t and I don’t feel I need to. Dont west lots of heavy makeup so it’s a waste of product.
If you are using a cloth with your cleanser you can count that as a double cleanse, imo. I massage in, and periodically cup my hands over my face and inhale deeply to get a hit of the lovely smell, then emulsify with water, then clean off with a warm wet flannel. Lush.

Keeley would say double cleanse to get you to buy/use more product. If you wear thick makeup this would still suffice as its oil based and will emulsify the make up. Its a beautiful cleanser and its huge and you only need a small amount. its nice to put a thin layer on before you get into the bath as a mini facial. Again you don't need loads. This will last me a year.

If you are using a cloth with your cleanser you can count that as a double cleanse, imo. I massage in, and periodically cup my hands over my face and inhale deeply to get a hit of the lovely smell, then emulsify with water, then clean off with a warm wet flannel. Lush.
Ah! That is exactly what I do! I did think all this double cleanse talk was just to get us to use more product…

I always doubt cleanse balm first, then a facial wash using SPF or makeup. You don't have to doubt cleanse with the balm, but use a rinse off one. Caroline Hirons always pushes doubt cleansing, has done for years. Most people use too much of the balms anyway, the size of a pea is all you need.

Keeley would say double cleanse to get you to buy/use more product. If you wear thick makeup this would still suffice as its oil based and will emulsify the make up. Its a beautiful cleanser and its huge and you only need a small amount. its nice to put a thin layer on before you get into the bath as a mini facial. Again you don't need loads. This will last me a year.
My thoughts exactly! I do use a thin layer in the bath, it always feels very luxurious…. I know I am using too much, must make an effort to use less tonight.

I always doubt cleanse balm first, then a facial wash using SPF or makeup. You don't have to doubt cleanse with the balm, but use a rinse off one. Caroline Hirons always pushes doubt cleansing, has done for years. Most people use too much of the balms anyway, the size of a pea is all you need.
I am definitely guilty of using too much. I really must cut down a bit

I am using this every night and not double cleansing. I quite like it but I prefer the rose version. I found my skin really glowed and was soft after using the rose but not so much with this version. I also can’t really smell the lovely aroma that everyone else is describing for some reason.

I am using this every night and not double cleansing. I quite like it but I prefer the rose version. I found my skin really glowed and was soft after using the rose but not so much with this version. I also can’t really smell the lovely aroma that everyone else is describing for some reason.
I find the aroma has got more subtle as I’ve been using it…. Very faint now. Ok, that’s better than something really perfumed, but the lavender was very nice to start with.

I bought the summer blooms edition, an impulse buy in JLP when they had 10% off, cant say I would buy again, its nice in do far as its a balm cleanser, same as the others but the scent is non descript and a bit disappointing tbh,

The rose and the original are also nice versions of the Elemis balm. I have some travel sizes that I keep for trips .

I find the aroma has got more subtle as I’ve been using it…. Very faint now. Ok, that’s better than something really perfumed, but the lavender was very nice to start with.
Yes, it had aroma when I first opened it but definitely doesn’t now.

Latest posts

Back