Emma Bridgewater DAB Radio TSV 27/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They ALWAYS say that they can never demonstrate a radio because the studio is screened from radio waves.

But I am watching the video, and they are demonstrating it!

Luckily it is not Abbi's lies about being able to pick up stations from all over the world, but still MISLEADING INFORMATION IS BEING GIVEN.

They said it will pick up stations all over Europe because it is DAB+

This is true if you happen to BE IN THAT COUNTRY eg it will pick up French stations in France, German stations in Germany, etc, BUT NOT IN THE UK.

Well my radio has arrived and I'm pleased with the sound quality and like the idea of playing music via Bluetooth,but you are right Strato it does not pick up European stations,it just comes with a plug adapted and this was not made clear on presentations.

Got mine .Its OK.Sound quality good .Made in China by a British baded company.Why did I expect anything else.

My main gripe is the electric cable is shorter than I'm used to so a bit restricted as to where I put it .I don't tend to use batteries but I may have to with this one.

Batteries don't last very long. Very expensive if you use Duracells. I use rechargeable and charge one set while using the other set. Easy to change though.

One of my gripes was that Abbi said "it's a British company through and through" and it is "made in Britain". She also said the radio would charge the batteries in situ, another lie.

I think the only British parts are the design.Everything is made in China.

Ill try batteries or move it somewhere closer to the socket.Batteries are an expensive way to run a radio. I have it on most of the day in the kitchen.I like to leave it on the window ledge.

Do you like the black toast?

PS I use mine to charge my ipad overnight. It is slower than the Apple charger but more convenient.

Yes Strato it matches my black granite in the kitchen,another thing that was not made clear ,you are not able to use the alarm function without it being connected to the mains.

I have a couple of Pure DAB radios and the battery was expensive for the one I use a battery in but has lasted for at least 3 years.

I listen to the radio a lot. Classic FM when I am working as the music does not have people singing and hardly any talking. Radio 4 or Radio 2 the rest of the time. I have radios that are 32 years old, 20 years old, 22 years old and one that is a year old. The new one is a DAB/FM Bush cheapie from Argos that replaces a John Lewis one that died within a year. The Bush one has an alarm and a digital ticker and runs on mains and batteries. I paid £14 in the sale earlier this year. Now that I have got it in the window it hardly ever makes the bubbly sound that DAb reception can make. I will probably buy a wireless internet radio with Bluetooth when I retire and have more time to listen to music or whatever the technology has to offer perhaps a Bose or a Sonos.

I listen to the radio a lot. Classic FM when I am working as the music does not have people singing and hardly any talking. Radio 4 or Radio 2 the rest of the time. I have radios that are 32 years old, 20 years old, 22 years old and one that is a year old. The new one is a DAB/FM Bush cheapie from Argos that replaces a John Lewis one that died within a year. The Bush one has an alarm and a digital ticker and runs on mains and batteries. I paid £14 in the sale earlier this year. Now that I have got it in the window it hardly ever makes the bubbly sound that DAb reception can make. I will probably buy a wireless internet radio with Bluetooth when I retire and have more time to listen to music or whatever the technology has to offer perhaps a Bose or a Sonos.

I call it burbling. Any other words for it?

Latest posts

Back