Everyday Beauty-Revitalash TSV 19/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always like posts that use the initials 'IMO' or better still 'IMHO' as it tends to take the sting out of what on occasion can be posts that some find insulting/offensive.

I appreciate what you mean DJ, sometimes it's a necessary evil.

I have said previously that I won't try this product as I can't/won't commit to the cost of the maintenance programme that has to follow so you continue to see results and won't have wasted the initial outlay. If I suffered from the unfortunate side affects of medical intervention then I may view this differently.

But for now I'm fortunate that a good coat of mascara and an eyebrow pencil does enough :)

I use the RevitaBrow & wouldn't be without it. I use it about twice a week now just to maintain what I managed to regrow. I've no idea if I need to do that, I don't want to find out. It lasts me about 6 months so it's worth it to me.

I don't know about all the extra items Q seems to feel obliged to add to their TSV hero products (Clarisonic with all the creams etc.), but Revitalash itself works wonders on me. I bought some when I was in New York during the summer and had to use it for more than six weeks (so glad I persevered), but then started to see wonderful results. My eyelashes are longer, thicker, curlier and, for some reason, also much darker. I don't need to use mascara now, which probably also helps their condition.
So, in answer to your question, I don't know if the bundle is worth the money, but I will now gladly pay the (and I feel they must make a ludicrous profit for this product) high price for the basic Revitalash. Having said that, I'm still using my original tube, so over six months now, so not that expensive on a daily basis.
What I do know is that I'm retired and live on a pension and seriously object to being told how gullible (and now also vain apparently) I am and how to spend my money!

Jacquelina how much was it in the States was it much cheaper? I have ordered the TSV & even had an advance email from Q so I could have ordered days ago.I too live on a pension but decide how to spend my money like you!We've worked for it!! Revitalash is one product which has made such a difference to me that I have ordered several time now & wouldn't want to be without.I saw Elizabeth Arden were doing a similar product but I think that is around £84

I appreciate what you mean DJ, sometimes it's a necessary evil.
I use the RevitaBrow & wouldn't be without it. I use it about twice a week now just to maintain what I managed to regrow. I've no idea if I need to do that, I don't want to find out. It lasts me about 6 months so it's worth it to me.

Thanks Minim, would you mind sharing why you started using the brow product I.e. sparse, tails missing etc and what difference it's makes? If its too personal a question I apologise - please feel free to PM me. DJ

I've gone for the TSV. I've already made a mental list of products I've tried and will re-purchase this year* and the lash product has worked to improve my lashes; Christmas 2012 I had lash extensions which really only lasted a month, after a few months of revitalash my own lashes looked as good as the extensions. I was fully expecting to return it but now I just apply about twice a week and am still using the original tube. I've used Jerome Alexander's Lashtech for a few months and found this kept the length maintained too so anyone who can't stretch to the TSV or single item Revitalash the Lash Tech (about £7 delivered from ebay) might be something to try (I used this to maintain the lashes I got with revitalash so can't vouch for it's effects from scratch).

The brows I have left are v fair and v sparse (virtually invisible) and I always pencil them in (not the Groucho Scousewives look I hasten to add) so I'll be testing the brow stuff and see what happens in 30 days. It's a real shame QVC didn't offer an extended 60 days MBG as they did with the NoNo because I'm not sure 30 days is long enough.

* I'm trying not to be drawn into buying anymore wonder creams because I have enough day and night creams, cleansers and shower products, body lotions etc to last the year. I need to use these up because if I buy anything else from Q the 30 MBG means I have to relegate the stuff I already have so I can test the new items within the 30 days. However if there's a product on offer I will use then I'll repurchase it. When it comes to colour cosmetics I know I'm too weak to think I'll resist temptation!

Jude xx

Last edited:
This looks like it may sell out. I wonder if Ian has found any OTO's for this evening?

It's too expensive. A duo of the supersize revitalash and a revitabrow would have been a better idea, though I still would not have bought it.

Thanks Minim, would you mind sharing why you started using the brow product I.e. sparse, tails missing etc and what difference it's makes? If its too personal a question I apologise - please feel free to PM me. DJ

I don't mind at all DebraJane.

I've plucked my brows since being in the 5th form in school. They used to be strong, healthy little blighters but then they seemed to loose the will to live. The actual hairs started to look thin and frail and basically, they lost their impact. I could see the tails were still there, but you had to be up close and personal to see them. A friend (and fellow sufferer) suggested I used a soft HB pencil rather than a conventional eyebrow pencil and that worked quite nicely for me.
Then Q launched RevitaBrow & I thought I'd give it a go. Took a while, but there they were. I think the product does have a dye in it as well as all the conditioning do-dahs it claims.

I can't believe the price of this TSV with P&P it's the best part of £100. I think you would have to be mad to spend that amount of money on something that looks trashy to me. It's obviously aimed at the very gullible section of shoppers who believe all this beauty guff they spout about. If you've got this sort of money to squander please give it to charity don't line the pockets of so called beauty companies.

Totally get your point Bettyboo & I agree a smidge under 100 quid is crazy to sell as a TSV in these hard times. I bought the one in June & it was about 55 quid incl. p&p. Didn't have the brow serum in but I wouldn't want brows like caterpillars anyway! To be fair I'm still using the same tube 6 months + on and it has done wonders for my lashes. Also very much cheaper, easier & better than lash extensions, which I've never had but friends have informed me.

It was all going a bit bandy last nite. The Elemis TSV, (the one that Q refuse to let go), was on AGAIN folowed by Alison talking about how she "would expect revitalash to cause crashing to your lashes against glasses". Blimey, serious stuff, eyelash crashing!! :sweat: I just thought it grew your lashes lol!
Then Natalia was saying that the "fashion trend this season for lashes is clumpy natural, particularly on the lower lash line". What a load of old cods! It's a good product so why that had to add all that bull is beyond me! Surely lashes are just errr lashes?? I didn't realise we must conform them to the latest trend?!

Jacquelina how much was it in the States was it much cheaper? I have ordered the TSV & even had an advance email from Q so I could have ordered days ago.I too live on a pension but decide how to spend my money like you!We've worked for it!! Revitalash is one product which has made such a difference to me that I have ordered several time now & wouldn't want to be without.I saw Elizabeth Arden were doing a similar product but I think that is around £84

It was $74 (about £49 at the time) for the 3.5ml, don't know how that compares to prices in the UK. Six months on it's still going strong and feels/sounds as if there's still plenty left.

I'd just like to know why it is such a high price? I have sparse eyebrows and lashes due to low thyroid function but I can't justify spending this sort of money myself. We all have diiferent priorities so I'm not condemning anyone who does.

I'd just like to know why it is such a high price? I have sparse eyebrows and lashes due to low thyroid function but I can't justify spending this sort of money myself. We all have diiferent priorities so I'm not condemning anyone who does.

I wish they'd have just done the lash stuff as it would have been cheaper & people could have made their choice. Most people will be buying shopping & essentials like heating for 100 quid not a 4 month supply of eyebrow serum & primer & 6 months of eyelash serum. Shame as it really does do wonders for my lashes without any irritation to my eyes. Have a look on ebay from time to time, they do the large 3.5ml size of the lash serum but at around 50 quid still not cheap I'm afraid x.

I don't mind at all DebraJane.

I've plucked my brows since being in the 5th form in school. They used to be strong, healthy little blighters but then they seemed to loose the will to live. The actual hairs started to look thin and frail and basically, they lost their impact. I could see the tails were still there, but you had to be up close and personal to see them. A friend (and fellow sufferer) suggested I used a soft HB pencil rather than a conventional eyebrow pencil and that worked quite nicely for me.
Then Q launched RevitaBrow & I thought I'd give it a go. Took a while, but there they were. I think the product does have a dye in it as well as all the conditioning do-dahs it claims.

Thank you for sharing this Minim I'm sure many of us can empathise with you so it's good to know that there is life beyond the eyebrow pencil :) It's a lot of money to spend on the say so of someone who has something to gain by flogging things by the bucket load, it's a very different thing to go on someone's recommendation based on personal experience.
Thank you,
DJ x

I was interested (and somewhat envious) to read of the success many of you have had with Revitalash. I tried this a while ago and was thankful for QVCs returns policy as it caused some irritation around my eyelids. Not to be deterred - and having very thin eyebrows - I tried Revitabrow. I could only use it twice as I ended up with two very red and angry looking brows. I'm not usually affected by products and do not have a sensitive skin. It's such a shame as I was looking forward to having lustrous lashes and brows, but then I've saved a few bob...

I was interested (and somewhat envious) to read of the success many of you have had with Revitalash. I tried this a while ago and was thankful for QVCs returns policy as it caused some irritation around my eyelids. Not to be deterred - and having very thin eyebrows - I tried Revitabrow. I could only use it twice as I ended up with two very red and angry looking brows. I'm not usually affected by products and do not have a sensitive skin. It's such a shame as I was looking forward to having lustrous lashes and brows, but then I've saved a few bob...

Ahhh what a shame! There are other big brands but alas they may have the same effect on you & not available on Q so no MBG. (Lilash is one, it's cheaper as in a much larger tube but I've only seen it on Ebay. Got good reviews on makeupalley.com).

That hair stuff they've got on is a joke at £131 for a weeny pump! I read that it doesn't actually change the hair shaft, just makes it look thicker. Looks like watery foam to me!

Last edited:

That is bad luck.
I'm sensitive to so many things that I was very wary about trying RevitaBrow, but I was fine.
No way would I try Revitalash.

When I first started using Revitalash, I got a slight reddening on my lash line, but it did not feel irritated. I kept on using it as my skin can redden just from the application of water, and after a few days the redness went away. I would not advocate this to anyone else, I just know my own skin and how it reacts.

I wish that they would use before and after pictures on this, as I know from my own experience that this does make a difference. Also, when you are on maintenance, the tubes last significantly longer than they state. My 2ml is just finishing and I'm sure I started it in spring last year.

Boots does No7 Fanomenal Lash serum which seems to be similar/same. Good reviews. I use it and I have to say, I haven't been religious with it at all but I've noticed a difference. very pleased, and cheaper too!

http://reviews.boots.com/2111-en_gb/1259511/no7-no7-fanomenal-lash-serum-reviews/reviews.htm

WOW apart from 1 review all the others rave about it, just like revitalash! Thank you, I will certainly give it a try. Q need to see competition like this as it's so much cheaper! :mysmilie_471:

Last edited:
the mark up on revitalash is crazy. I saw the christmas trio on sale in debenhams this year for £115. It contained the 3.5ml serum, a mascara and curlers.
I was dying to try it and was placing an order one day in work for some botox and dermal fillers, the girl from the company we buy from asked if we'd like to try some revitalash for £25! That was the same trio box as was available in Debenhams.
I ordered 3 sets just to get the conditioner from it. The mascara is awful, too wet and runs and flakes after an hour or so but the conditioner tube has made a difference to my eyelashes with only 5 weeks use.

If anyone wants it in future, give me a shout and i'll see how much its costing to order from our pharmaceutical company.

the mark up on revitalash is crazy. I saw the christmas trio on sale in debenhams this year for £115. It contained the 3.5ml serum, a mascara and curlers.
I was dying to try it and was placing an order one day in work for some botox and dermal fillers, the girl from the company we buy from asked if we'd like to try some revitalash for £25! That was the same trio box as was available in Debenhams.
I ordered 3 sets just to get the conditioner from it. The mascara is awful, too wet and runs and flakes after an hour or so but the conditioner tube has made a difference to my eyelashes with only 5 weeks use.

If anyone wants it in future, give me a shout and i'll see how much its costing to order from our pharmaceutical company.

WOW thank you Queen Bee! I've got a 2ml tube I haven't opened yet but when I'm out I will ask you for the stockist details if that's ok x.

Actually I'm not entirely surprised that it has a hefty mark up, (I didn't think it was that much tho)! I hunted around & got the equivalent discount compared to usual prices on Decleor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back