Favourite Yankee Candle Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been to Asda and they have some of the Yankee Candle Simply home tarts reduced to 75p each , I bought Morning Blossom which I bought during the summer months and I love it , Sweet Pea, Tranquil beach. They aso had a coconut tart but not a fan of that.

I also bought a couple Darling clementine tarts at £1 each as they were too nice not too. They still had the box of 12 votives for £10, they were mainly Xmas and food fragrances like vanilla frosting and Merry berry ( didn't have time to take note of the other fragrances)

My favs are Midnight Jasmine, Linen and Lace, Sweet Pea, Pink Sands, Beach Walk, White Gardenia, Fresh Cut Roses, Blue Hydrangea, Lilac Blossom, Clean Cotton, Baby Powder. Absolutely adore all of those. I have familial hemiplegic migraines so have to be very careful how long I burn them for. Because of that, I can't burn jars. I stick with tea lights, melts and samplers, so get really frustrated with all the bargain large jars. Would love them to do packs like 12 florals, 12 fresh, 12 fruits etc in sampler or tart sizes.

I love anything with Fig, but it's getting harder to find any Yankee fragrances with that in.

I loved 'Garden Hideaway' & 'Sun Dried Linen' (nicer than Clean Cotton IMO), but both have been discontinued.
Midsummers Night is lovely, and I surprised myself by really liking Vanilla Lime. (Even though it's the 'Grinning Idiots' favourite).

Two that I thought smelled awful in the shop, but lovely once they were burning were 'Blissful Autumn' & 'Honey & Spice'.
I say burning, but I should say melting as I only buy the tarts now.

I love spicy and citrus smells, so I should have loved 'Spiced Orange' but I really disliked it.

The worst for me was 'Midnight Jasmine'. Most people seem to really like it, but not me.
Within 30 minutes of melting, it felt like my throat was closing up, and for days after, every time I coughed, all I could taste was the candle. Very strange.

I've just found a worse one than Midnight Jasmine.
I bought a Xmas selection of tarts from a seller on Amazon, and have been pleased with them all apart from 'Apple & Pine Needle'.
It's vile. Really, really vile. Pine disinfectant would have been nicer.

I bought some tarts the other day from Asda and used Darling clementine last night, it has a lovely fragrance in the wrapper however when I used it in my tart warmer it gave me a headache , the fragrance was too strong and reminded me of cleaning products :Sad:

Warm Spice, I feel, throws the strongest scent (in melts version) and is my favourite, being a true 'Foodie' fan
Also a huge nod to Red Velvet, Honey & Spice, Paradise Spice Vanilla Chai & Pineapple Cilantro
Lake Sunset is also a hit, which surprised me as I truly dislike any scent that is 'floral' or fabric conditioner scent based

Very poor scent throws for me were Cinnamon Spice, Halloween Candy Corn & Black Cherry
I think a very good indicator of 'poor' Yankee scents is when certain varieties are noticeably reduced in price at Wyvale!

Last edited:
I only like some foody ones. I like Vanilla Lime, Salted Caramel and Sweet Strawberry. I assume Christmas Eve is foody also and I absolutely love that one.

My nose really does not like Warm Spice, anything Cinnamony or Red Velvet-in fact any of the cupcake, buttercreamy ones are too sweet for me.

Have developed a liking for the salty-air, beachy fresh ones and have small jars and votives in Beach Walk, Beach Wood, Coastal Waters and now November Rain in my downstairs loo! I agree that Lake Sunset is also very nice.

I am another one who does not like the fabric softener/washing powder-like scents, baby powder is ok but would not buy it on its own. If it comes in a set with others I will mix it with rose and Jasmine to give the florals some powdery notes. Mixology holders are fab for that.

I only like some foody ones. I like Vanilla Lime, Salted Caramel and Sweet Strawberry. I assume Christmas Eve is foody also and I absolutely love that one.

My nose really does not like Warm Spice, anything Cinnamony or Red Velvet-in fact any of the cupcake, buttercreamy ones are too sweet for me.

Have developed a liking for the salty-air, beachy fresh ones and have small jars and votives in Beach Walk, Beach Wood, Coastal Waters and now November Rain in my downstairs loo! I agree that Lake Sunset is also very nice.

I am another one who does not like the fabric softener/washing powder-like scents, baby powder is ok but would not buy it on its own. If it comes in a set with others I will mix it with rose and Jasmine to give the florals some powdery notes. Mixology holders are fab for that.

You have described the different types of fragrances so well and really divided them into good ranges. I really don't like the beach walk, November Rain type fragrances, they are very Men's aftershave fragrance for me. Lake Sunset reminded me of an air freshener. I am so glad I have a melt burner so I can sample fragrances for a cheapish price. I really hated pine needle and apple last year, it was so strong and overpowering. At the moment I can't get enough of Vanilla Chai but am so looking forward to burning my Christmas fragrances especially the new beautiful Seasons of Peace, it is beautiful.

A lot of Yankee have a cheapo scent about them, not all, there are some nice ones.
In John Lewis they have Dartington Crystal scented candles, they are way too expensive for me, but the Amber one is gorgeous. I couldn't stop smelling it, unusual for me as I am funny about fragrances.

I recently ordered a selection of Christmas tarts so I thought I`d try one and it was awful, smelled like curry ! It was the Christmas Memories one and now I`m dreading what the others may smell like. I bought a set of ten from Yankee online, all supposed festive fragrances.

I dont like Christmas Memories either Vienna. But Happy Christmas, Christmas Eve and Christmas Rose are lovely at least IMO. I hate the pine ones. I have a merry marshmallow and season of peace to try too.

I bought two Cherry Vanilla tarts from Asda today £1 each , and its lovely. very similar to black cherry , the throw is very good aswell :up:

I bought a small jar thee yesterday, I think it's very similar to cherries on snow which is cherry and almond.

the older fragrances are so much stronger revisted lemon lavender that can fill the whole house

Latest posts

Back