Favourite Yankee Candle Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl - that's an interesting idea about burning baby powder or similar with harsh florals, I have a few floral tarts from a TSV earlier in the year and I don't want to waste them, but as I said above - florals aren't my cup of tea and can give me headaches, so I may try that :)

I have used baby powder mixed with fresh cut roses and midnight jasmine- a third of a tart of each or one of each votives in mixology holder. No reason why you couldnt light 2 or 3 candles at once Ellaa as long as they are placed together they should blend nicely. Love to hear how you get on!

I like Red Berry & Cedar, Christmas Eve, Cedar & Balsam, generally the spicy winter fragrances.

Inge x

I'm thinking of buying the artisan autumnal set of 3, has anyone else bought these. The reviews says the scents are more subtle which would suit me, I am wary of buying scents without having tried them first.

I'm thinking of buying the artisan autumnal set of 3, has anyone else bought these. The reviews says the scents are more subtle which would suit me, I am wary of buying scents without having tried them first.

I haven't burned them yet but in the jar they are nice and not overpowering. One is a bit cinnamony, one is a bit like the old harvest market and I cannot remember the third one! Sorry. Think it may be a light cinnamon as well.

Great, thank you, I am currently burning cinnamon and it is one of my favourites so I think I will go for them.

I have got a Yankee candle in my flat in Lithuania. The fragrance is called "Clean Cotton," and it cost 65 litas.

I have used baby powder mixed with fresh cut roses and midnight jasmine- a third of a tart of each or one of each votives in mixology holder. No reason why you couldnt light 2 or 3 candles at once Ellaa as long as they are placed together they should blend nicely. Love to hear how you get on!

I love using the mixology holder , You get some very unique fragrances when you mix them and 99% of the time there really nice

I haven't burned them yet but in the jar they are nice and not overpowering. One is a bit cinnamony, one is a bit like the old harvest market and I cannot remember the third one! Sorry. Think it may be a light cinnamon as well.

Review for you:

FALLING LEAVES - Now out of all of these 3 new fragrances I think I like this one the most. I've only had these a few days now and been burning them on and off (because I have to go to work so obviously can't leave candles on in the house whilst I'm not here lol). This is one of the oddest Autumn like smells I've ever smelt though it's like a gorgeous spiced up version of a fresh cologne for a man. Its like they've mixed notes from Midsummer's Night with Blissful Autumn & Autumn Leaves. Also I know this sounds weird but It must have some spice or smokey firewood notes in it because it reminds me of a Price's christmas scented candle from last year called 'Nuts & Spice' which was a lovely fresh spiced fragrance, and when you burnt it after a few hours the warmness came through that's exactly the same with this candle. The smell when you first smell it is like a fresh walk in the woods dead early in the morning and the leaves are crisp under your feet. But after a while the sun is rising and making it much warmer throughout and the spice comes through then but ever so lightly but mixed with that woodiness as well. It's a really nice fragrance and a definite must for those Fresh lovers out there.

AUTUMN CELEBRATION - Now this one I'm not a massive fan of, not because of the actual scent but its not strong enough. A lot of people on the Qvc website and fans out there have complained these cheaper artisan ranges aren't as strong as the normal Yankee Candles and top be honest no they're not, the only one I've found really strong and in a sense more fruitier and exotic and nicer than other Yankee House warmer scents is the Winter one from last year called 'Cranberry' it was even stronger than Mandarin Cranberry or Cranberry Ice and was much more like Cranberry Chutney. But back to this one its got that fruit in it, like a farmer market or a fall festival kind of feel to it but it has that added freshness as well on top with a heart of spice as well. Its just a plain all round mix of Autumn scents. But it just sadly isn't strong enough, but I've been burning today and yesterday too for a few hours at a time but maybe at the weekend on my day off on Saturday I might burn it all day and see what it's like or something. The only other candles of Yankee I would say it was like is possibly Cinnamon stick if it was infused in a light light subtle blend of Farmers Market or Harvest Welcome. But its very subtle, great for those who don't like fragrances from the Food & Spice family and prefer the less strong ones but you know me by now Yankee fans, I love me strong ones especially gorgeous spice warm scents, they have to be big and bold.

CIDER - Now I know they've bought out a million different apple and cider based scents in the past in the normal House warmer range and I think this Artisan one is similar to ones in the past years they've released too but it is my 2nd favorite out of the 3. Its stronger than Autumn Celebration but not as much so as Falling Leaves. It's got that hit of Macintosh apple (but like the US favorite scent 'Macintosh' its sadly not like 1 of my favorite apple ones 'Macintosh Spice') but it is a nice warm scent. You can smell the spice in it too and the freshness too, the whole range of the 3 jars have all got a nice freshness to it that you cant really put your finger on but its there if you know what I mean. At first I was a bit bored to learn they released another Apple or Cider based fragrance but I actually don't have any jars or tarts or anything of Yankee's that is a Cider smell , I used to love Apple Cider I think it was called from a few years ago its one of those Christmas scents you just love and makes you melt inside or something. I do have Red Apple Wreath that's about it for Christmas this year, but this fragrance will be a great addition to my collection and It's just a simple nice spiced apple scent.

By the way have to mention the colors and shades of the wax, the picture doesn't give them justice, they are gorgeous vibrant rich shades of orange, brown and red. So great for autumn and for the decor of anyone's house. Love them.

I felt so embarrassed by seeing the detailed description compared to my brief note I had to find out the box and smell them all! To try and tie my comments in to the better description I would say:
Cider is the cinnamony one, autumn leaves is the one like harvest market and the one I could not remember is falling leaves and it is not cinnamon at all. I quite agree it is like a fresh cologne/blissful autumn hybrid so something spicy going on but not sure what.
The colours are indeed nicer than on the website.

Oooh, where do I start? I absolutely adore Nature's Paintbrush, very similar to the gorgeous Man Town. I also love Red Velvet, Vanilla Satin, Salted Caramel, Season of Peace and I would say my all-time favourite was Jack Frost.

Anyone else notice the theme there? Most of them are retired or limited editions!

I like so many yankee fragrances this is hard! I always come back to clean cotton and baby powder they are my staple, love the fresh smells.

At Christmas time, I enjoy Sparkling snow and Happy Christmas.

I love pink sands which is Rose but not anywhere like true Rose, beach flowers, sweet pea, clean cotton and beach wood.
I loved silver bells a few years ago but it has joined the other retired scents and I was madly in love with cherries on snow. I stocked up on it and burned it throughout the year, now the large jars are like gold dust.
I made the mistake of getting the disgusting apple and pine........less said about that the better.
I also have a small jar canary island banana candle that I won't burn until I am brave enough because it can't be replaced.

I wish they would bring back good old macintosh apple with nothing mixed in with it or a crisp Granny Smith with nothing added.

I like Fluffy Towels, Fressia, Greek Fig and Blackcurrant, Blue Hydrangea, Lilac Blossoms, Beach Walk, Tulips, Early Sunrise and my very favourite Midnight Oasis.

I love anything with Fig, but it's getting harder to find any Yankee fragrances with that in.

I loved 'Garden Hideaway' & 'Sun Dried Linen' (nicer than Clean Cotton IMO), but both have been discontinued.
Midsummers Night is lovely, and I surprised myself by really liking Vanilla Lime. (Even though it's the 'Grinning Idiots' favourite).

Two that I thought smelled awful in the shop, but lovely once they were burning were 'Blissful Autumn' & 'Honey & Spice'.
I say burning, but I should say melting as I only buy the tarts now.

I love spicy and citrus smells, so I should have loved 'Spiced Orange' but I really disliked it.

The worst for me was 'Midnight Jasmine'. Most people seem to really like it, but not me.
Within 30 minutes of melting, it felt like my throat was closing up, and for days after, every time I coughed, all I could taste was the candle. Very strange.

I love anything with Fig, but it's getting harder to find any Yankee fragrances with that in.

I loved 'Garden Hideaway' & 'Sun Dried Linen' (nicer than Clean Cotton IMO), but both have been discontinued.
Midsummers Night is lovely, and I surprised myself by really liking Vanilla Lime. (Even though it's the 'Grinning Idiots' favourite).

Two that I thought smelled awful in the shop, but lovely once they were burning were 'Blissful Autumn' & 'Honey & Spice'.

I love spicy and citrus smells, so I should have loved 'Spiced Orange' but I really disliked it.

The worst for me was 'Midnight Jasmine'. Most people seem to really like it, but not me.
Within 30 minutes of melting, it felt like my throat was closing up, and for days after, every time I coughed, all I could taste was the candle. Very strange.

loath midnight jasmine and evening air tooo heady. love the honey and spice offering. like a beautiful amber. best in the bedroom methinks. sundried linen anather fav and I agree much nicer than clean "boring" cotton. the new fluffy blanket is very very nice more of a floral than a fresh fragrance. reminds me oddly of tahtian tiare flower the best flora ever

tenny bit off topic but I can wholeheartedely reccommend an Illuma Lid for large and medium jars. As long as you dont place the candle in a draft the lid makes the flame burn perfectly vertically and the wax hits the sides in less time, the candle burns clean all the way down, with no tunnelling. They look pretty too. Can get them singly and cheaply on Amazon. I also ensure the wicks are trimmed and de-mushroomed!

Another one who hates Midnight Jasmine & adores Honey & Spice & Vanilla Lime.

Homestore & More have lots of YC specials atm,a set of 4 votives (2 Mandarin Cranberry + 2 Cinnamon Stick) with a lovely yellow glass holder for 10 euros.
They also had three of the large jars for 10 euros each,my dd bought the beautiful Honey & Spice.

Latest posts

Back