Finery London TSV 07/02/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I prefer a lower /scoop/boat neckline. High round necklines are unflattering on most women.

Waisted, tiered ? Obviously cobbled together from small pieces to get as many frocks as poss from the fabric. There will be seams all over the garment.

I just looked at the show. What on earth has Alison Keenan got on her feet???? Just tell me one person who wears hiking boots with a dress? Or are they her husbands work boots? Why are all the models wearing trainers with this dress? Does no one wear shoes anymore?

Far too high a neckline for me and it would be past my ankles. So glad I spent the money on the plants. Er, oops, did I just say that :censored::censored:

CC
🤣I noticed Alisons boots they looked dreadful

When you think about it, fashion wearers are like sheep, it only takes one and the rest follow. White trainers / clumpy doc martens / biker boots with thin flimsy summer dresses - regardless of whether it looks 'nice' or not, just wear it because every else is. Like Ali Keenan with her laughable footwear, when in fact most people look like that but who dares to say it ? no-one.

I remember some years back Linda Rondstadt set off a trend for wearing ankle socks with heeled shoes, then off it went around the world. Didn't last long. Then there was the black tights with white sandals - ugh !.

I wear footwear for the weather. Wellies when wet, boots in winter and sandals in the heat. Simples..

Interesting that at the time of posting (1150) ALL the size 20 have sold out, and half the size 18, but none of the others.

I wonder how many of each size QVC stock? It must be a nightmare to get it right with 7 sizes and 8 colours.

Interesting that at the time of posting (1150) ALL the size 20 have sold out, and half the size 18, but none of the others.

I wonder how many of each size QVC stock? It must be a nightmare to get it right with 7 sizes and 8 colours.

I also said this Strato. In lots of brands the larger sizes always sell out first, which is something I would take on board when ordering - order (and sell) more in the larger sizes, its not ****** rocket science.

When you think about it, fashion wearers are like sheep, it only takes one and the rest follow. White trainers / clumpy doc martens / biker boots with thin flimsy summer dresses - regardless of whether it looks 'nice' or not, just wear it because every else is. Like Ali Keenan with her laughable footwear, when in fact most people look like that but who dares to say it ? no-one.

I remember some years back Linda Rondstadt set off a trend for wearing ankle socks with heeled shoes, then off it went around the world. Didn't last long. Then there was the black tights with white sandals - ugh !.

I wear footwear for the weather. Wellies when wet, boots in winter and sandals in the heat. Simples..
I don't remember the socks but Linda Ronstadt singing 'Send in the clowns' is just something else and I love her version of it.

Poor Linda suffering with Parkinson’s. She hasn’t sung in public for about 10 years and now doesn’t do it even in private as she can’t form the words.

Just watching a documentary last night and although I knew about the Parkinson’s I didn’t know she was finding speech difficult.

in the 70’s I always aspired to look like her!

This dress, especially the star and spotty one screams 1990's to me, sort of thing I used to wear with Doc Marten shoes/boots way back then. It looks like it would be a bugger to iron! The ones I had were made from cotton jersey. I've found in the past that viscose can crease very badly!
Not a bad price for a change though!

Oh yes it’s very 90’s - which is what has been in for a while now...
I’ve still got dresses from the 90’s like this I wear.
And all the midi dresses and skirts with buttons down the front are exactly what I loved then, so I’m pleased they came back!

It amuses though to see my teenaged nieces calling it vintage, though! (Suppose it 20-30 years ago now, mind you!

I’ve got a gorgeous recent Nobody’s child short dress in mustard floral viscose with buttons down it which I adore.
But it’s a size 8 and I am not any more (wasn’t for very long and only due to illness really)
Just can’t quite bring myself to give to the niece it would fit!!

I bought a lot of Nobodys Child last year from Marks they had loads of stuff in the sale.

Apparently according to Patrick Hoy, Catherine Huntley ordered all five options of this dress. 😲

I have bought a couple of items but had to return as too big - sweatshirt and trousers (too long and I’m not short).
Beautifully made and natural fibres. Highly recommend so I’ll be watching.
There’s a nice dress that’s a new arrival but I am done with animal prints
I have bought a couple of items but had to return as too big - sweatshirt and trousers (too long and I’m not short).
Beautifully made and natural fibres. Highly recommend so I’ll be watching.
There’s a nice dress that’s a new arrival but I am done with animal prints
It's time for animal prints to go imo. They've been so overdone. I'm seeing a lot more zebra print, however. Marla hasn't done any animal print as far as I know. Good for her, although I'm not a great fan of hers. What's Ruth going to do with all her clothes with print? There's a lot for her get rid of. It now looks dated.

A lot of these dresses look like maternity wear. Comfy, though.

Latest posts

Back