Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Finery TSV 1.jpg
    Finery TSV 1.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Finery TSV 2.jpg
    Finery TSV 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 186
Nice, but it doesn't appear to have pockets, and for me the sleeves are too long - I prefer 3/4 on my mid dresses.

I read somewhere JL has announced the death of the flowery midi dress. To be replaced with something new in upcoming collections rather than more of the same.

I read somewhere JL has announced the death of the flowery midi dress. To be replaced with something new in upcoming collections rather than more of the same.
I like my midi dresses though. That being said I do not like the current trend for puffy sleeves and shoulders, which makes me look wider than a door. I used to buy loads from Boden, but their choice the last few years is not for me, and I have only bought a couple of designs.

They were trying to replace it with wide-leg trousers and stripey shirts. Not my style - I'm sticking with my ditsy midis whether JL likes it or not. It reminds me of when Next nearly went bust years ago when it decided everything in the store should be grey.

I like my midi dresses though. That being said I do not like the current trend for puffy sleeves and shoulders, which makes me look wider than a door. I used to buy loads from Boden, but their choice the last few years is not for me, and I have only bought a couple of designs.
I agree the puffy style can look ridiculous. I tried one that I loved the look of in other ways but the overall look was not for me - maybe when I was 18 it would have worked.

You did indeed and It think they're making a big mistake, they're not going anywhere so people will just buy them elsewhere
They were trying to replace it with wide-leg trousers and stripey shirts. Not my style - I'm sticking with my ditsy midis whether JL likes it or not. It reminds me of when Next nearly went bust years ago when it decided everything in the store should be grey.

I agree the puffy style can look ridiculous. I tried one that I loved the look of in other ways but the overall look was not for me - maybe when I was 18 it would have worked.
In regard to the wide legged trousers and stripey shirts, ok they might look quite stylish but takes a lot more effort to wear than a comfy dress that looks good with literally anything or for any occassion

Finery Torla Button Through Midi Dress
Item Number: 197678
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £3.95

Drape yourself in the floaty finesse of this gorgeous Torla midi dress from Finery. The long-sleeved piece fastens down the front with buttons and features a sweet print pattern throughout as well as a V-shaped neckline and a figure-enhancing fit and flare cut with a waisted seam. Pair it with a light cardi and sandals for picnic chic or layer it open over a top and trousers as a light coat.

A transitional staple - whether you're after a piece that'll see you through spring, summer, or beyond, this dress makes the perfect transitional design for styling, whatever the weather. Coming in a range of print options with a midi length and long sleeves to keep the chill at bay, you'll love being able to flaunt it all year round.

Versatile style - this effortless piece makes putting together a stunning look for any occasion as easy as can be. Dress it up with heeled boots or sandals for a smart look best suited to more formal events or nights out with friends. Dress it down with a leather jacket and chunky Chelsea boots or trainers for an ultra-casual, effortlessly trendy look perfect for all your daytime events.

Take your pick - this gorgeous dress is available in five chic and wearable colour prints. Looking for something super summery? Opt for Navy Spot, Pink Leopard, or Green Flower. Prefer something more transitional for the cooler months? Then Red Floral or Black Floral will be for you.

Only at QVC - ready to feel exclusive? This dress is currently only available at QVC, so don't miss your chance to pick up a style you can't get anywhere else!

• Midi length
  • Long sleeves
  • V-neckline
  • Waisted seam
  • Front button detailing
  • 100% viscose
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black Floral
  • Green Flower
  • Navy Spot
  • Pink Leopard
  • Red Floral

Garment measurements:

• Chest: 8: 91cm (35.8"), 10: 96cm (37.8"), 12: 101cm (39.8"), 14: 106cm (41.7"), 16: 111cm (43.7"), 18: 116cm (45.7"), 20: 123.5cm (48.6")
  • Waist: 8: 71cm (28"), 10: 76cm (29.9"), 12: 81cm (31.9"), 14: 86cm (33.9"), 16: 91cm (35.8"), 18: 96cm (37.8"), 20: 103.5cm (40.8")
  • Length: 8: 119.5cm (47.1"), 10: 120cm (47.2"), 12: 120.5cm (47.4"), 14: 121cm (47.6"), 16: 121.5cm (47.8"), 18: 122cm (48"), 20: 122.5cm (48.2")

All measurements are approximate

I quite like the green however the sizes shown in the QVC description differ to the sizes charts shown in the pictures. Sigh

I quite like it too, but the sleeves at the shoulder look slightly puffy which I'm not fussed on.

As much as I like a floral dress, for me, this one looks a little bit prim and proper (Apart from Jilly who looks like a bag lady in it) I prefer a more easy relaxed look. Not so keen on all the buttons or the long sleeves and some of the prints are a bit frumpy, so definitely not one for me.

Latest posts

Back