Gatin no no.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
I ordered the duo of the supersize Miceller Water from Gatineau thinking it was a bargain for £29 as Andrew said they were £38 each so total would have been £76,however having received today firstly it's made in the UK and the ingredients are pretty much the same as the Garnier Miceller which can be bought for around £4,feeling really ripped off.:mysmilie_51:

I recently bought the Simple micellar water from Superdrug, it was half price around £2.50 and I got a free pack of Simple Micellar wipes with it. I must admit its a quick way of cleansing.

I ordered the duo of the supersize Miceller Water from Gatineau thinking it was a bargain for £29 as Andrew said they were £38 each so total would have been £76,however having received today firstly it's made in the UK and the ingredients are pretty much the same as the Garnier Miceller which can be bought for around £4,feeling really ripped off.:mysmilie_51:

Ring Q and tell them that one of the bottles was only half full. You'll get a returns label that way so you won't be out of pocket.
Personally, I wouldn't use Gatineau anyway because they test on animals, so hit 'em where it hurts Lynn!

Ring Q and tell them that one of the bottles was only half full. You'll get a returns label that way so you won't be out of pocket.
Personally, I wouldn't use Gatineau anyway because they test on animals, so hit 'em where it hurts Lynn!

Thanks Mr M I never order their face creams or serums,don't know how I was sucked in to buying as I hadn't had a drink lol

I think Andrew is on Twitter......ask him on there why it is made in UK! Does seem odd!

Just had an email from Salon TV Skincare,informing me of more savings from Gatineau,interestingly Debbie Greenwood is doing the video and it will launch June 24th at 8-30 pm.

If you don't mind me asking, what is Salon TV Skincare? Is this a new channel coming our way?

I stopped buying Gatineau a long while ago. Apart from being overpriced IMO, I got fed up with the sort of backhanded tactics going on where Andrew would claim he negotiated to get a special price on a product, just for us, but then it turns out they're dumping the stock because it is being replaced with something new. I've seen this happen a few times now. And how come they are just running out of a product that we'll never see again, but suddenly it's on advanced orders? And, again, Andrew claims negotiations with France has secured more stock. It's becoming boring now!

I recently bought the Simple micellar water from Superdrug, it was half price around £2.50 and I got a free pack of Simple Micellar wipes with it. I must admit its a quick way of cleansing.

i was going to say i imagine garnier make superdrugs micellar water and very nice it is too. just return it you could buy two years worth of skincare in superdrug for that money and no postage...oh and i highly recommend it

i was going to say i imagine garnier make superdrugs micellar water and very nice it is too. just return it you could buy two years worth of skincare in superdrug for that money and no postage...oh and i highly recommend it

Yes - thumbs up from me too on Superdrug B.pure micellar water. They often have offers too. And if it's important to you - leaping bunny!

If you don't mind me asking, what is Salon TV Skincare? Is this a new channel coming our way?

I stopped buying Gatineau a long while ago. Apart from being overpriced IMO, I got fed up with the sort of backhanded tactics going on where Andrew would claim he negotiated to get a special price on a product, just for us, but then it turns out they're dumping the stock because it is being replaced with something new. I've seen this happen a few times now. And how come they are just running out of a product that we'll never see again, but suddenly it's on advanced orders? And, again, Andrew claims negotiations with France has secured more stock. It's becoming boring now!

Its on Youtube or their own site only.

I had a survey from QVC about Gatineau at the weekend.

Said Andrew was just a front man and not a beauty expert, they should have a proper beauty expert doing the shows. All he does read the blurb and repeat to the presenter.

The brand is really owned by Revlon since the 90s and its quite funny the ads with Madame Gatineau.

The seem to rush out the latest whatever, when they insist the last TSV product is the best thing since sliced bread.

I have not bought anything but tan accelerator for years, as products don't live up to hype for me.

I had a survey from QVC about Gatineau at the weekend.

Said Andrew was just a front man and not a beauty expert, they should have a proper beauty expert doing the shows. All he does read the blurb and repeat to the presenter.

The brand is really owned by Revlon since the 90s and its quite funny the ads with Madame Gatineau.

The seem to rush out the latest whatever, when they insist the last TSV product is the best thing since sliced bread.

Same can be said for pretty much every beauty brand that Q sell.

It's high time Gatineau was dropped by Qvc, as others have said, it's boring and overpriced.

The whole beauty department needs an overhaul, it's so repetitive that I'm sure we all could recite their spiel off by heart.

Another vote for the Superdrug B micellar; it performs well, has no fragrance/alcohol etc, is cheap and has the leaping bunny. The only thing I don't like is that it's a screw off lid and not a flip top.

i have to add the B Pure range has lovely packaging perspex with grey very smart. i could never use the decleor/ elemis brands as they are so overscented and i react

i have to add the B Pure range has lovely packaging perspex with grey very smart. i could never use the decleor/ elemis brands as they are so overscented and i react

Thanks for the heads up on the Superdrug brand, will have to give it a try on my super sensitive skin...fed up of paying extortionate prices and need to tighten purse strings, about to move from rental to new house...stress city at the mo! :mysmilie_1:

I too was very nearly sucked in by this, also like you thinking it was a bargain. However shopping in Tesco yesterday I purchased the Garnier one on special offer at £4.99. Used it a couple times now, cleans quickly, doesn't leave my skin dry so no complaints here !!

I picked up the Garnier micellar water for mum for £3.50 in Sainsbury's yesterday but she was concerned that there was no seal on the bottle. That seems unusual for a supermarket sourced product but is that how they are sold? Just want to make sure we haven't got one that may have been tampered with.

Latest posts

Back