Gatin no no.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I picked up the Garnier micellar water for mum for £3.50 in Sainsbury's yesterday but she was concerned that there was no seal on the bottle. That seems unusual for a supermarket sourced product but is that how they are sold? Just want to make sure we haven't got one that may have been tampered with.

That's normal, I buy it regularly and it's not sealed. I find most lower end high street brands aren't sealed or don't have a foil seal on, tends to be more high end items that do.

Thanks for the heads up on the Superdrug brand, will have to give it a try on my super sensitive skin...fed up of paying extortionate prices and need to tighten purse strings, about to move from rental to new house...stress city at the mo! :mysmilie_1:

they do a glycolic night cream skin phase 3 also has hyalaurnic acid,peptides that help boost collagen production and niacinamide to help brighten age spots and brighten skin. the texture is very similar to the devine cream really lush.

also a day cream with spf 20. hope it agrees with your skin all that i have tried is a pleasure to use

Lynn,
I noticed that Andrew ignored your tweet asking about it being made in the UK. Ignorant sod. (Him, not you obviously).

Lynn,
I noticed that Andrew ignored your tweet asking about it being made in the UK. Ignorant sod. (Him, not you obviously).

Yes I wasn't surprised Mr M,I've also found out that a few of the face creams are made in the UK too,he needs to cut all this crap about Paris.

Yes I wasn't surprised Mr M,I've also found out that a few of the face creams are made in the UK too,he needs to cut all this crap about Paris.

I agree. All this bull$hit about negotiating special prices with Paris is a load of lies if you ask me. More like dumping old stock on us before they bring out another 'new & improved' version out, which normally gets worse reviews than the old stuff that's been retired.
I've never been tempted by this range at all. Ever.

I agree. All this bull$hit about negotiating special prices with Paris is a load of lies if you ask me. More like dumping old stock on us before they bring out another 'new & improved' version out, which normally gets worse reviews than the old stuff that's been retired.
I've never been tempted by this range at all. Ever.

Well I certainly won't be tempted again and thanks for the info about animal testing.:mysmilie_12:

Another vote here, for the Garnier Micellar. I've tried both formulations, and I think they beat the more expensive brands. I decant mine into a spray bottle, as I find it easier to use; just spray onto cotton wool pads (Asda do the best, imho) I think my skin is looking better with this routine, than when I was using messy, cleansing milk/cream, followed by toner. I've not tried the Superdrug stuff, will definitely look into that range.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else think the QVC Gatineau ad looks as if it's about an (illicit?) affair, rather than a skincare brand? Maybe it's just the way my mind works!

I was tempted years ago, ended up trying their foaming blackhead remover that you mixed up and applied with the (really cheap) brush that came with it. Checked the ingredients and they were basic things I could buy in my local chemist for a few quid. I was shocked at the (non) quality of the brush that was similar to the 49p one at a local market stall.

Oh. And it didn't work.

That, along with watching Andrew age not very well over the years (and blokes are supposed to age better than women), put me right off ever trying the brand again.

The James Bond wannabe ad makes me laugh every time (or turn over, depending on my mood).

Hi, sorry to hark on about this (I originally posted on the Gatineau TSV 21/06/15 thread) but I am new to Gstineau & I am wondering if the following is usual practice:- I missed out on the DefiLift option of the recent TSV & so I placed a wait list order. However I decided to contact Gatineau via their beauty room website to find out if they knew whether the wait list orders would be fulfilled. The lady who responded said that they were waiting to hear from QVC as to whether they (QVC) would be placing a further order. However she then went on to say that I could purchase the TSV direct from themselves for the same price (£48.96 + £4.95 P&P) so that is exactly what I did. I cancelled my QVC wait list order & my TSV arrived on Wednesday. Obviously there was no easy pay option but I am still pleased I didn't have to wait 90 days & then find my order cancelled anyway.
Also can I add that I am a new member but I have been a fan of this forum for ages. It is so informative & entertaining. You are a wonderful bunch who find out the best information on upcoming TSV', OTO's & new beauty products- you are all brilliant.

Thanks for your kind welcome Akimbo. I don't think i'llbe s frequent poster but I'll
always be a supporter as this forum has helped me so much.

Nice to see you Toots, and I think we all said the same when we started LoL :mysmilie_15: I know I did, I thought I'll not be in here all the time, yet here I am, it's almost addictive, despite my lack of time. Welcome to the forum.

:mysmilie_357: hope you enjoy posting here, Toots... ONNSA is probably right though... despite your best intentions :mysmilie_50:

Sounds like you got some really great service from Gatineau :mysmilie_59: Which is fantastic, for a regular, loyal customer which it sounds like you are.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone & yes you are all correct I have already been posting on a Lulu Guinness thread on 'the reasons not to shop at QVC' :happy:

Latest posts

Back