Gemporia redundancies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Feisty1

Registered Shopper
I see from the programme guide Steph is presenting in Ellis’s slot today. What with her, Jeff and Ruth on the screens is gemporia realising they got rid of the wrong individuals

Ruth never actually went - she chose to reduce her hours some time ago (she has another job outside of Gemporia).

But yes, Jeff appears to have been re-employed, and now Steph is presenting, so presumably she's been either been re-employed again or she's come in on a freelance basis.

Now make them permanent presenters please and replace Jess Foley, Hyper Hattie and shrieking Lindsey Carr.

I like Hattie. She is knowledgeable and has the likeability factor. She can also moderate her presenting style. I least like her on with Ellis.

I like Hattie. She is knowledgeable and has the likeability factor. She can also moderate her presenting style. I least like her on with Ellis.
She's fine when she's the 'sidekick' and not the main presenter - she's a lot calmer then. When she's main presenter though, she's awful.

She shouts, talks far too quickly, and she's far too hyper.

If I'd been the one making redundancies, she'd have been third out of the door - just after Jess Foley and Cheralene Lavery.

I like Hattie as well, she is too loud, but she seems more authentic than some other presenters and I agree with the likeability aspect. I just wish she could moderate volume and speed of delivery..sends my head into a spin sometimes. ...Much more watchable than Jess though, who is dreadful. Cheraline likewise.

Three people from Jewellery Maker have confirmed they've been made redundant today - so Gemporia still have money problems it seems.

They'll still continue to blame it on external factors such as rising cost of living, price increases on stones and materials, higher import costs, etc - and still ignore customers that are telling them that they're sick of seeing Jade, sick of hearing Dave waffle for 30 minutes before an item is shown, and sick of seeing tone / plated tat.

They're digging their own grave. If Gemporia are still with us this time next year, I'll be amazed.

Jeff I saw for the first time today during the day. What a breath of fresh air. He is superb and comes across extremely well and knowledgeable. Jake got on my pip with his Del Boy antics but Jeff was a pleasure to watch.

Three people from Jewellery Maker have confirmed they've been made redundant today - so Gemporia still have money problems it seems.

They'll still continue to blame it on external factors such as rising cost of living, price increases on stones and materials, higher import costs, etc - and still ignore customers that are telling them that they're sick of seeing Jade, sick of hearing Dave waffle for 30 minutes before an item is shown, and sick of seeing tone / plated tat.

They're digging their own grave. If Gemporia are still with us this time next year, I'll be amazed.
Wow. The whole organisation seems to be slowly sinking into the mire. I feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs, but it's not very surprising since Gemporia is continuing to operate as they have done for the last six months. Nothing has changed.

Presenters, producers/directors or camera ops?

Looks as if we've lost Emily and Jim from Gem Collector to cover Gems TV tonight. FB says nothing on why.
Bilocation! Jim is in two places at the same time! :LOL::alien:
[my computer shows Polish time, so don't pay attention to it]

Screenshot_1.jpg

Looks as if we've lost Emily and Jim from Gem Collector to cover Gems TV tonight. FB says nothing on why.
Lynn is off as per usual, and Adina is ill.

They've no surplus presenters now since they made redundancies, so they've got to pull these two off Gem Collector to cover.

I'm surprised Jess Foley didn't cover. She seems to fill in for everyone and doesn't appear to have a home to go to. Absolutely.

As if they would tell us. I just hope that foxy and Jim are not the next to go! Maybe they are thinking of finishing off gem collecter. Who knows but it's all very wierd

As if they would tell us. I just hope that foxy and Jim are not the next to go! Maybe they are thinking of finishing off gem collecter. Who knows but it's all very wierd
I doubt Gem Collector will go. That's one channel that has grown over the years, plus I would imagine its running costs are quite low compared to other channels because there aren't any producers or directors. It's just the presenters.

It's never been unusual for Gem Collector presenters to be 'pulled' from the schedule at short notice and moved to another channel if they got short - even when they had more presenters. In the past, Nick has covered - but yesterday was his day off, Cheralene has covered - but she's on maternity leave, and Clair Cummins - but she was one of the casualties of the last round of presenter cuts - so I suspect now that they don't have any spare presenters, it will happen more often when they're desperate. They just haven't got enough 'spare' presenters to fill in at short notice any more - particularly as they're another one down this week now that Rachael Hatton has gone on maternity leave.

They don't seem to be drafting in freelancer presenters at the moment either - presumably too keep costs down.

Latest posts

Back