Genevieve

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Years ago, when shopping telly and these forums were in their infancy, many on here rightly complained about how often presenters used the word "stunning" when describing products.

Well, in my opinion, Genevieve has raised the bar to World Record proportions. My wife's watching the Bon Marche programme at the moment and I've felt compelled to write this just to let off some steam.

For me, it's up there, for annoyance, with watching Maria Sharapova scream/cheat her way through a tennis match.

Years ago, when shopping telly and these forums were in their infancy, many on here rightly complained about how often presenters used the word "stunning" when describing products.

Well, in my opinion, Genevieve has raised the bar to World Record proportions. My wife's watching the Bon Marche programme at the moment and I've felt compelled to write this just to let off some steam.

For me, it's up there, for annoyance, with watching Maria Sharapova scream/cheat her way through a tennis match.
:mysmilie_59:
Even more annoying than "Stunning", its the combination of "Absolutely Stunning". If those 2 words were removed from the language, the (ahem) presenters wouldn't have a lot to say!

Yes, sorry, I left out the "Absolutely".

Now she's off on the Ideal World mantra that items are "sold out and gone" rather than simply "sold out". What overpaid clown thinks that having to script the presenters into saying "sold out and gone" is going to influence whether people shop with them?

I'm "Absolutely Stunned"!

Now she's off on the Ideal World mantra that items are "sold out and gone" rather than simply "sold out". What overpaid clown thinks that having to script the presenters into saying "sold out and gone" is going to influence whether people shop with them?

Nice one - he he

'Sold out and gone' is one of my most hated things on IW, and believe me that's saying something. It is definitely something which they've all been briefed to say by management - I noticed Mike Mason, a new recruit, saying it in quite a stilted way. So, so ****** stupid. If it's sold out, then it's necessarily gone. Stupid ****** people.

It's all part of IW's tactic of getting people to panic buy and regret it later.

Apparently shes gone to George Clooney's wedding , anyone know how she knows the bride or groom?

Isn't the bride a British human rights lawyer? She could have known her from school or uni I guess.

She is dreadful on ideal,world. Too shouty. I always have to turn her right down! Very unpleasant to watch and listen to

She's on now, looking at a vibrapower , I think she might be afraid of it, because she just wont get on it , maybe it it was a lard making machine :mysmilie_46:

I am so glad you mentioned this! The other night I was watching some Bissell show and she kept saying 'sold out and gone' - it's it's like like repeating repeating everything you you say and so so annoying. [annoying]

This was dovetailed with a show with Howard wittering on about how Santa buys all his stuff from Ideal World and he's buying the tablet. It's an amusing remark once [but only just] but 87 times in 5 minutes is annoying.

Plus the other night I was watching some Bissell show and she kept saying 'sold out and gone' - it's it's like like repeating repeating everything you you say and so so annoying. [annoying]

And the other night I was watching some Bissell show and she kept saying 'sold out and gone' - it's it's like like repeating repeating everything you you say and so so annoying. [annoying]

Oh the joys of cut & paste....

Latest posts

Back