Attachments

• GG TSV 1.png
    GG TSV 1.png
    811.7 KB · Views: 0
  • GG TSV 2.png
    GG TSV 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Bit off topic, but still Grumpy Gardener related.

I have found what I believe to be their original fat balls to be the same as the premium ones recently sold in Aldi in a bag of 10 and also Home Bargains in a bag of 10 or box of 40. Side by side they look identical and the birds love them.

Also I believe their suet pellets that come in 3 colours are also sold in Home Bargains under a different name in a small bag. Although my birds didn't like the GG ones so haven't purchased these, but they are the same 3 colours and same length.
Hopefully this will help save some pennies for someone as they are much cheaper than QVC.

I have found what I believe to be their original fat balls to be the same as the premium ones recently sold in Aldi in a bag of 10 and also Home Bargains in a bag of 10 or box of 40. Side by side they look identical and the birds love them.

Also I believe their suet pellets that come in 3 colours are also sold in Home Bargains under a different name in a small bag. Although my birds didn't like the GG ones so haven't purchased these, but they are the same 3 colours and same length.
Hopefully this will help save some pennies for someone as they are much cheaper than QVC.

That is very useful information I shall have a rootle around next time I am in H.B

Actually thinking about it a few years back GG did a Christmas special - I don’t think it was a TSV - and it was the bobbing Santa. Three weeks later the same Santa was being sold in
Aldi !!!!

The hoohaa on the comments section of QVC was interesting to say the least. As then it was the 30 days MBG too late for them to return 😔

I buy mine from home bargains. I get the 3 coloured suet and the fat balls. I think the fat balls with the nuts and stuff in them are £1.99 for 10. GG are far too expensive. Pets at home do 4 of the same balls for 99p. I like a bargain.

Actually thinking about it a few years back GG did a Christmas special - I don’t think it was a TSV - and it was the bobbing Santa. Three weeks later the same Santa was being sold in
Aldi !!!!

The hoohaa on the comments section of QVC was interesting to say the least. As then it was the 30 days MBG too late for them to return 😔
The bobbing santas/snowmen were sold in Aldi and I got one, however, to be fair they were a lot smaller than the GG ones. On the bird food thing - I agree that Home Bargains are selling very similar at a fraction of the price. They do the 3 colour suet pellets and decent seed. I had a box of 50 fat balls, stupidly put them in the mini greenhouse and next day the ****** rats had gnawed through the tub and scoffed the effin lot. I hope they die the greedy bawstards 🐀🐀

CC

I get the home bargains fat balls. They do types and the birds don't like the cheaper ones, but the ones like the GG ones go in no time. I buy either the 10 for £1.99 or 40 for £6.99. I was buying the bigger box but ended up losing some to mice so now have them in a plastic storage box and so far so good. Their suet pellets go down well as well, as does the no mess seed.

Stands to reason that the brands are very similar - there can’t be that many pink suet bird pellet manufacturers around ! 🦅

I get the home bargains fat balls. They do types and the birds don't like the cheaper ones, but the ones like the GG ones go in no time. I buy either the 10 for £1.99 or 40 for £6.99. I was buying the bigger box but ended up losing some to mice so now have them in a plastic storage box and so far so good. Their suet pellets go down well as well, as does the no mess seed.
As do their meal worms although I can’t understand the attraction - there’s nothing inside that thin crispy outer shell.

They go mad for meal worms here. I buy those & all the bird seed from a pet store in our village. He’s as cheap as anywhere as he bags it himself into plain bags. He delivers big sacks of the seed for free.

Don’t need another hosepipe as we have four. Been happy with some of the GG tools though.

The robin that visits my garden loves mealworms. Our local shop also bags up birdseed and sells a big bag for £1.50, that lasts about a week but it's affordable. There are huge garden offers everywhere, especially plants. The weather has been so awful no one's buying them so they are being sold off cheaply. Anything I've put out so far has died and at this rate I won't be planting anything until high summer. No one is going to pay QVC plant prices unless they are made of money (the folk, not the plants).

CC

It’s been too cold and wet here in Essex, bedding plants etc would just sit dormant in pots/beds until they rot.

I’m waiting a couple of weeks at least even in my sheltered garden. Tiny plants will soon ‘catch up’ .

I think I read on the RSPB site that you should wet the mealworms while birds are nesting as the dry ones will choke the chicks. Which I've started doing recently as I can see the birds taking loads from where they normally just eat. I've heard some cheeping in the hedge so I know we'll have fledglings soon.

The RSPB sent Mr. AE an invite to their women-only bird and wildlife sessions. He was a bit miffed but understood he wouldn't be allowed as they stated the sessions would be a safe space in the country for us ladies.

Then he read the bit about ALL types women being invited so quipped he could put on one of my dresses and come with me. I did laugh (more at the thought of him in a dress and how ridiculous he'd look), but it's not funny really.

I had no idea my rantings had such an effect on him that he'd notice the small print let alone comment on it. I'm used to his 'yes, dear' responses when I've read aloud yet another attack on Women's Rights but he now reads headlines like the Cass Report to me. If only my 'nagging' about household stuff would sink in!

Grumpy Gardener Reinforced Expandable Hose with 7 Pattern Gun & Accessories
Item Number: 738143
P&P £4.95

50ft QVC Price £34.92 Todays Special Value Price £24.99

75ft QVC Price £40.44 Todays Special Value Price £30.00

100ft QVC Price £46.92 Todays Special Value Price £34.98

125ft QVC Price £49.92 Todays Special Value Price £38.94

150ft QVC Price £57.00 Todays Special Value Price £45.00

scription​

Make light work of your garden maintenance with this reinforced expandable hose from Grumpy Gardener. Equipped with various accessories, including a spray head with seven patterns, this hose comes in five length options and is ideal for watering everything from delicate flower beds to robust vegetable patches. The design, which can extend two to three times its original length, allows you to reach every corner of your garden without the rigidity of a traditional hose - making it a practical addition to your garden care collection.

Useful attachments - this hose will arrive with a soft moulded handle gun, a wall hanger for easy storage, two different sized tap connectors, spare gaskets and the spray head.

Easy to use - the included handle features a squeeze lever to operate the hose while the lever on the back of the spray head adjusts the power. Plus, the lightweight and contractible design will make it a fuss-free addition to both your outdoor maintenance routine and storage.

Make your choice - available in a range of different lengths including 50ft, 75ft, 100ft, 125ft or 150ft, there's an option to suit every garden size and task.

• Hose - inner: latex; outer: polyester fibre; fittings: brass
  • Holder and spray head - made from plastic

Weight:
  • 50ft hose - 1500g
  • 75ft hose - 1900g
  • 100ft hose - 2300g
  • 125ft hose - 2650g
  • 150ft hose - 3000g

Contains:
  • 1 x green expandable hose - in your choice of 50ft, 75ft, 100ft, 125ft or 150ft long
  • 1 x wall hanger
  • 1 x spray head
  • 1 x handle gun
  • 2 x tap connecters with spare gaskets

All measurements are approximate

I buy mine from home bargains. I get the 3 coloured suet and the fat balls. I think the fat balls with the nuts and stuff in them are £1.99 for 10. GG are far too expensive. Pets at home do 4 of the same balls for 99p. I like a bargain.

always buy fat balls from home bargains birds love them damn sure not spending what they want on qvc for the same or better product

I didn't know about soaking the mealworms :oops: I'll start doing that now. I was sitting in the garden today and it was like sitting in an aviary, the sound of birds everywhere and fighting for the food. The swallows are here as well now so I probably need to stock up on more food. They do make a mess though, which is the downside. My washing is always getting bombed.

CC

Latest posts

Back