Handbags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I have been looking for a new handbag for ages, big but not enormous with shoulder straps and not cross body. looked at hundreds on line, and quite keen on the Tula Ostrich tote. looked on the Q and there it is with a video demo, if you can call it that, mainly Dawson wittering and never showing the inside of the bag.
However, on the Q it is £104 plus £6.45 postage, same bag in John Lewis is £109 and thanks to somebody's else's comments on here, I can pick it up free from Waitrose next day. so thanks for that advice. not a big difference, but speedier.

and you get a free returns label from John Lewis as well.

Just found a minor problem with John Lewis online. I bought an Irobot vacuum cleaner from them 18 months ago. Luckily I took out the extended warranty as after 7 repairs (both invoking the manufacturer's guarantee and the extended warranty) it has been deemed an uneconomical repair and I am to receive a new one. BUT I was sent a voucher for it to take to a John Lewis store. I don't want to go to a store. So far JL have told me to return the voucher with a covering letter and a store will contact me to arrange delivery. I've returned the voucher so waiting for the store to contact me.

BTW I think the new one will break down within a few months and I am not prepared to fork out another £55 for a new extended warranty so after the manufacturer's warranty is expired in 12 months I will have spent £300 on machines that lasted barely 3 years and this is with light use.
Unfortunately JL will not give me a credit note to buy something else. I can upgrade the irobot but that would be another £200 and that may still be useless anyway.

Now if I had bought one from Lakeland they would have given me another one and if they stopped selling them then they would have given me my money back.

and you get a free returns label from John Lewis as well.

Just found a minor problem with John Lewis online. I bought an Irobot vacuum cleaner from them 18 months ago. Luckily I took out the extended warranty as after 7 repairs (both invoking the manufacturer's guarantee and the extended warranty) it has been deemed an uneconomical repair and I am to receive a new one. BUT I was sent a voucher for it to take to a John Lewis store. I don't want to go to a store. So far JL have told me to return the voucher with a covering letter and a store will contact me to arrange delivery. I've returned the voucher so waiting for the store to contact me.

BTW I think the new one will break down within a few months and I am not prepared to fork out another £55 for a new extended warranty so after the manufacturer's warranty is expired in 12 months I will have spent £300 on machines that lasted barely 3 years and this is with light use.
Unfortunately JL will not give me a credit note to buy something else. I can upgrade the irobot but that would be another £200 and that may still be useless anyway.

Now if I had bought one from Lakeland they would have given me another one and if they stopped selling them then they would have given me my money back.

That is exactly WHY I purchase my iRobot from Lakeland as mine was not suitable and kept stopping and I returned for a full refund...

We have an iRobot in the office. It's been whizzing round the place for a couple of years quite happily. We call it Stupid. It's got a reputation for eating iPhone cables! It's still working though.

Sort of OT but I am hoping for something nice when the Tignanello YSV comes round next month. But in general, yeah, I often chose to buy from somewhere else because I get less hassle than from Le Q.

Latest posts

Back