Has Peter Sherlock had a stroke?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had Botox in January, which has completely worn off. I have a VERY WONKY FACE. I've got used to it after 45 years. I've posted before as to why I had botox and didn't use one of the creams - I'd given up smoking after 40 a day for 25 years and wanted to do something to get rid of all the damage that I'd done to my skin as an incentive to stay off the fags. So there you go. Ps Wirral 70 - I think your posts are funny and pithy and very entertaining.

I think it's a bit rude to ask Peter if he has had a stroke. No face is a perfect mirror image.

Well done on giving up on smoking. It was my most hardest and proudest achievement.

Me too PJ. I started smoking in the 1960's when I was a nurse (I kid you not!) and eventually, after many false starts, gave up in 2005. I wanted something to show for the money I saved so I saved it all up until I could afford a brand new Corsa. I had always had used ones before, bought by my husband. It took quite a few years and after I had had the car (bright red I called her Poppy) for 6 months she was pinched by 2 joy riders and written off. Deepjoy!

I had Botox in January, which has completely worn off. I have a VERY WONKY FACE. I've got used to it after 45 years. I've posted before as to why I had botox and didn't use one of the creams - I'd given up smoking after 40 a day for 25 years and wanted to do something to get rid of all the damage that I'd done to my skin as an incentive to stay off the fags. So there you go. Ps Wirral 70 - I think your posts are funny and pithy and very entertaining.

Thanks for the kind words Peter however, I really wish you would cut out the 'check out their website' comparisons. We all know it's a load of codswallop and you could actually find yourself in trouble if at least a few other retailers don't sell them at those sort of prices and look as I may I can't find any.

That's my only gripe, what procedures you choose to have are your business.

Last edited:
At the end of the day if he is happy with it, that's all that matters. TV always shows up any little imperfection which is invisible off screen. I doubt he was so naive as to have it done by a beautician with a 'certificate' to say they have done a botox course always very professional looking although not worth the paper on which it is written. Or indeed, one of those botox parties. If he had it done by a registered cosmetic surgeon and he's not satisfied then he could at least go to law if he feels it is necessary.

My brother is seeing patients in clinic every week who have had botched botox, the effects of which are permenant, and sometimes he can't help them. Bless them, they offer to go private and he has to tell them that to him, money makes no difference to what or what not he can do.

At the end of the day, Mr Sherlock is happy with his looks so that's all that matters. And we should now draw a line under how he looks and move on

I think Peter has something that many of the other presenters will never have, and that's natural likability. But I have a problem with some of his sales, especially as he is/was part of the buying team so must know full well what they cost.

BS is fair game in Telly Shopping in my opinion, when that goes a bit far and gets into the territory of suggesting a product has a certain value just because a website has items listed at prices that simply do not reflect their true retail price is when I get miffed. It's not fair and it simply isn't on.

I think Peter has something that many of the other presenters will never have, and that's natural likability. But I have a problem with some of his sales, especially as he is/was part of the buying team so must know full well what they cost.

BS is fair game in Telly Shopping in my opinion, when that goes a bit far and gets into the territory of suggesting a product has a certain value just because a website has items listed at prices that simply do not reflect their true retail price is when I get miffed. It's not fair and it simply isn't on.

i think that's a great post, it illustrates that the people on bid/shopping tv are characters of themselves.

mr sherlock comes across on here as an intelligent man who is more than willing to debate and make fun of himself, whereas on tv he is mr fragrance etc.

Latest posts

Back