Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Donna those were the days! If either my sister or I had something mum shoved us in bed together so she should get all the nursing over at the one time, she was not known for her bedside manner!

I think they took every vaccine going as they came from an age were they weren’t available and pre NHS all doctors and medicines had to be paid for so getting these wonder drugs free was too good to turn down.

What many forget is, back up until the early 60s in the UK it was compulsory to have your vaccines. Yes, you could be arrested for not having TB, Polo etc. Here in N.I. this was law until the early 70s.

Back then, people realized diseases could kill now, so many refuse to get their children vaccinated. The doctor who had, so many follow him saying the triple vaccine caused autism totally disproved, yet there are thousands you still take his reports as totally true.
It should be bloomin' compulsory now. My Mother for some strange and stupid reason decided to get me vaccinated against diptheria and polio but she said no to whooping cough. Guess what happened to me at 11 months? Yep, whooping cough, followed by Scarlett fever. She was nurse for goodness sake but she still chose not to immunise that one disease, bizarre. Even now, I get mild whoopy coughing whenever I get a cold or chest infection. My girls had all the jabs going. Lucie was born before the MMR tripple vac. but had them individually at the given times, boosters etc.Tammy did get the MMR, despite the popular backlash at the time. I felt the risk was minimal and the dieases could leave a child damaged, or even dead. A lot of the yummy mummies of the mid 90's were at odds with me and I got a few lectures about how could I, as a nurse, put my baby at risk? I said that I had seen what happens to children when they are infected with these diseases and made my choice based on my own experience.

Looking forward to more comments and laughs in 2022. Happy Christmas to all and if like me you are on your own, but I am having lunch with my lovely neighbours tomorrow, take care there are lots of us out there. Remember those who have gone before and how their dearest wish would be for us to carry onxxx

ps I am about to read a mag. just bought ‘ Lose 10 lbs & look 10 years younger’
maybe next week?!

Happy Christmas to all of you on here.
🎅🏻🎄🥂🎉

With special thoughts to those of you who, like me, have to spend it alone - regardless of Covid...

I’ve had a nasty bug and they’ve not done any boosters for housebound people still - yet - plus not sleeping at all so it’s been an awful week and won’t get to see anyone for few days...

Plus my nephew now has Covid and my bro had most awful reaction to his Moderna booster, so Xmas is off for them and my mum who was due to go and stay!
Chaos!

I’m hoping once I’m boosted I can get to see my mum!
And it’s my birthday days after Christmas - which QVC have remembered and sent me a £5 voucher off £20 plus spend! 😉🎉

No sorry am being miserable.
I do have plenty to be grateful for inc a safe and warm home and food to eat and the rest.

And I hope you all get to spend the next few days with family and friends if you can or animals or just chilling on your own..

Take good care and here’s to 2022! 🤞🙏💗

Happy Christmas to all of you on here.
🎅🏻🎄🥂🎉

With special thoughts to those of you who, like me, have to spend it alone - regardless of Covid...

I’ve had a nasty bug and they’ve not done any boosters for housebound people still - yet - plus not sleeping at all so it’s been an awful week and won’t get to see anyone for few days...

Plus my nephew now has Covid and my bro had most awful reaction to his Moderna booster, so Xmas is off for them and my mum who was due to go and stay!
Chaos!

I’m hoping once I’m boosted I can get to see my mum!
And it’s my birthday days after Christmas - which QVC have remembered and sent me a £5 voucher off £20 plus spend! 😉🎉

No sorry am being miserable.
I do have plenty to be grateful for inc a safe and warm home and food to eat and the rest.

And I hope you all get to spend the next few days with family and friends if you can or animals or just chilling on your own..

Take good care and here’s to 2022! 🤞🙏💗
Totally Loopy Lou, sending hugs and hoping you can be with your mum really soon.

I spend Christmas alone, big brother in Canada, so I just have a relaxing day with the cat cook what I actually want to eat, watch TV again what I want to watch with a bottle of vintage Cava in the evening.

Yes, I do have a visit around two friends in the morning, they go off to their families later in the day.

Totally Loopy Lou, sending hugs and hoping you can be with your mum really soon.

I spend Christmas alone, big brother in Canada, so I just have a relaxing day with the cat cook what I actually want to eat, watch TV again what I want to watch with a bottle of vintage Cava in the evening.

Yes, I do have a visit around two friends in the morning, they go off to their families later in the day.
Thank you!

Hope you’ve managed to enjoy your day so far! X

Long one sorry, feeling miserable.

For the first time in my 66 years I haven’t enjoyed Christmas.

At home I have no hot water or heating, due to an error code F 37 on my new-ish combi boiler. I will try to fix it tomorrow or call someone out.

I had Christmas lunch at my sister & her DH’s as usual. Her younger son and partner (both 36) have a 4 month baby and asked me for a specific gift for him. When they opened it on Xmas Day, they were silent, then she checked Amazon. Nothing more said. I was too embarrassed to ask what I’d done wrong.

Today I texted to say if they’d changed their mind I could return it until end of Jan.

“Oh no !” The reply. “ we love it, just what we wanted”.

Other nephew (39) ignored the present I handed him. It was still unopened when I left in the evening. I popped back yesterday with his daughters’ presents (parents estranged) and he didn’t mention my gift. I’ve now texted him.

My sister isn’t pleased that I’ve reprimanded both her “kids”. I despise bad manners and won’t be treated like this. Tolerated because I’m generous but not appreciated.

That is just awful for you and so bad mannered of them. Next year get them ScotchMist,it’s very cheap and available everywhere.

Likewise a gift I spent a lot of time an effort getting something unusual and appropriate to someone living a long way away. Immediately upon opening my gift on 25th I texted a quick text of thanks as I knew they went out for lunch. It was 11.30pm on boxing night before my gift was acknowledged . She said she was very busy going here and there for meals but would it really have taken more that 30 seconds to do a text?

That is just awful for you and so bad mannered of them. Next year get them ScotchMist,it’s very cheap and available everywhere.

Likewise a gift I spent a lot of time an effort getting something unusual and appropriate to someone living a long way away. Immediately upon opening my gift on 25th I texted a quick text of thanks as I knew they went out for lunch. It was 11.30pm on boxing night before my gift was acknowledged . She said she was very busy going here and there for meals but would it really have taken more that 30 seconds to do a text?
I admit that I get a lot of enjoyment from choosing and giving gifts to my family, so perhaps that should be enough for me. Except it’s not - I like to see a ‘positive reaction’.

I admit that I get a lot of enjoyment from choosing and giving gifts to my family, so perhaps that should be enough for me. Except it’s not - I like to see a ‘positive reaction’.
I'm with you Eric's Mum. I hate bad manners and I am sorry that your gifts did not seem to be appreciated.

I would have rang or texted too, my OH says I react too quickly if I am annoyed over something, but it rankles me and I have to say something. Although there are occasions when I wished I had listened to him. :eek:

Latest posts

Back