Season's Greetings...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I voted for them to get a pay rise and thought it had gone through. 😳

I also voted against MPs getting one and was told that their pay rise wouldn’t go through. To coin Trump’s catchphrase ..... I hope that isn’t fake news.

The Tories have cancelled the nurse's pay rise for 2021/22.
I work in a discount bookstore and we are constantly asked if we give NHS, Blue Light, and Armed Forces discount.

I know a nursing sister, she owns three properties, I know another nurse with a holiday apartment in Spain and one of the doctors in my local practice owns three nursing homes, so NHS pay can't be that bad, not to mention an excellent pension.

I know a paramedic who can afford to own two horses, and a sergeant in the army who with his teacher wife owns two substantial properties.

I'm not saying that they don't deserve a pay increase but they're not exactly on the breadline either.

And why do they think they're entitled to a discount in a discount store?

I'll hide behind the sofa now...

A number of years ago NI split from the nurses pay scale board for GB and they haven’t kept up with mainland increases.

I agree that they aren’t as poorly paid as some of Joe Public think but in all honesty I couldn’t do their job at the moment for twice the pay.

I’m still spitting mad at all our council workers getting a £1000 bonus - for what - sure they weren’t open for over 6 months and don’t get me started on the mini Hitler bin men.

A number of years ago NI split from the nurses pay scale board for GB and they haven’t kept up with mainland increases.

I agree that they aren’t as poorly paid as some of Joe Public think but in all honesty I couldn’t do their job at the moment for twice the pay.

I’m still spitting mad at all our council workers getting a £1000 bonus - for what - sure they weren’t open for over 6 months and don’t get me started on the mini Hitler bin men.
I couldn't do any job that involved ill or injured bodies. There is an ongoing nursing shortage in all parts of the UK & over the years when I was teaching there was a significant change in girls' attitude regarding caring professions & jobs that had always been traditionally female. For years we said that careers weren't gender specific, this hasn't meant an increase in boys applying to be nurses etc but it has led to girls reading Engineering, Physics & Maths at uni in ever larger numbers.

Believe me the pay isn't that good at basic levels, my 24y/o DD gets minimum wage, works long shifts and looks after extremely sick patients, granted she's only a HCA but it's hard graft. She's in PPE all her working time and in constant contact with Covid patients at the mo, would you do it?

Believe me the pay isn't that good at basic levels, my 24y/o DD gets minimum wage, works long shifts and looks after extremely sick patients, granted she's only a HCA but it's hard graft. She's in PPE all her working time and in constant contact with Covid patients at the mo, would you do it?
Yes I would, I've spent time in caring, one to one caring for a mentally and physically disabled ex paratrooper with a seriously compromised immune system but as my hearing impairment worsened due to an infection after two years I decided that the high chance of me mishearing something meant it would be safer if I returned to retailing.

Yes I would, I've spent time in caring, one to one caring for a mentally and physically disabled ex paratrooper with a seriously compromised immune system but as my hearing impairment worsened due to an infection after two years I decided that the high chance of me mishearing something meant it would be safer if I returned to retailing.
It's in you as it's in my daughter. Proud of all who do this kind of caring.

I work in a discount bookstore and we are constantly asked if we give NHS, Blue Light, and Armed Forces discount.

I know a nursing sister, she owns three properties, I know another nurse with a holiday apartment in Spain and one of the doctors in my local practice owns three nursing homes, so NHS pay can't be that bad, not to mention an excellent pension.

I know a paramedic who can afford to own two horses, and a sergeant in the army who with his teacher wife owns two substantial properties.

I'm not saying that they don't deserve a pay increase but they're not exactly on the breadline either.

And why do they think they're entitled to a discount in a discount store?

I'll hide behind the sofa now...

It all does fly in the face of those we read about in the media who apparently rely on foodbanks to survive !

Latest posts

Back